• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

quietly_gone

quietly_gone

𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒕𝒏𝒊𝒌 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 🪐
May 9, 2023
I've always dreaded my birthday and it wasn't until a few years ago that I noticed why.

I am often very lonely. Obviously a lot of depressed people can relate to this. It's true that sometimes we feel alienated, isolate ourselves etc, but often people distance themselves from us because "we're difficult to deal with". I'm not blaming them for that. It's just that I deal with so much loneliness all the time, when my birthday comes around there's all this sudden attention and it all feels so fake, like it's being done out of politeness and pity. Where were all these people on the days I just wanted someone to talk to? When I was doing my best to reach out?

When I let myself enjoy the attention and company I'm always let down because on the very next day it's back to loneliness again. No one is excited to make plans with me anymore, no one texts me first or asks about my life. I really hate this feeling. It makes everything from the previous day seem forced.

Then there's my family. They mistreat me all year, enable each other's abuse towards me and suddenly they want to make me a cake and throw a party and I'm a horrible person if I say I don't want that. I've tried suggesting other things instead, such as "let me just order this dish I really like and we can have it together" but to no avail. It has to be the way they want it to be and if it isn't then I'm ungrateful.

I just don't like this lack of sincerity. When they win me over and make the cake and invite whoever they wish over (just other family members who also do not care about me), even if I'm quiet and pretending to enjoy it they manage to call me ungrateful at the end. I'm not ungrateful, it's just that yesterday I was physically and verbally abused and now I'm sitting here eating cake pretending nothing ever happened, as if it won't start again on the next day.

My mom literally threatens me every year with a picture she supposedly has of me looking at a cake she made in a "hateful way". She says that if I don't let her do the party she's going to post it online and talk about how her daughter doesn't appreciate her.

I hope the date goes by unnoticed this year. I guess "I hate my birthday" is not exactly how I feel since I'd love to spend the day on my own terms.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: grungy自殺, WearyWanderer, lonely&trapped. and 3 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I personally don't hate my birthday but I also just don't care about it

Meowmeownextweek

Meowmeownextweek

Mar 30, 2023
I hate my birthday, several weeks before and after my birthday I start spiraling and become severely depressed. I hate most big dates honestly, and sometimes I end up unintentionally ruining them for others. My birthday only reminds me of how much I wish I hadn't been born.

N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
Always hated my birthday but this year's was better than usual... On the day of when I didn't mind my friend forgetting cuz he was at least there, better than my ex could say lmao... Then I keep remembering that my friend forgot my bday after asking when it was and I wanna die all over again lmao

VeryShy

VeryShy

Seriously disabled due to autism and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
Absolutely. I hate my birthday, birthdays of the dearest people to me, and all the major holidays.
It's like people celebrating, and being happy, and I myself feeling the opposite way, and just hating that I'm still alive.

unwilling_lich

unwilling_lich

emo mcgee
Jan 1, 2024
they just remind me of how much of my life ive wasted and let go by. never had a bday party, hell as a kid i was at another kids bday party on my bday 🙃 so they also remind me of how forgotten and tertiary i am to everyone

prone2fury

prone2fury

i have pretty hair
Feb 4, 2023
Although my birthday can be stressful sometimes, I look forward to it. My friends and family like to get me gifts, even though they don't really have to. It's something to look forward to at least.

Imagined_Euphoria

Imagined_Euphoria

Student
Aug 5, 2024
The concept of a birthday never made sense to me. Even as a child I asked my parents why they randomly give me some stuff at my birthday, who invented this. They couldnt answer me or give a reason.

enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
I don't hate it but I don't know why I get catastrophic events or at the very least rotten luck and constant terrible thoughts around that time in recent years. Starting to believe it might be an August birthday thing as it coincides with the Month of Lonely Ghosts in the Lunar calendar when everyone typically says bad things happen.

S

Sat

Aug 12, 2024
Stopped caring about it, yet my parents (who I'm not even getting along with) forces me to come out with them when all we do is eat and they talk to me badly.

grungy自殺

grungy自殺

All apologies.....
Jan 9, 2024
In recent years i've been having complete resentment in my birthday (as result of me failing to achieve milestones in last couple of years being a teenager)
In that i would not be happy if my age count goes up, because that would mean that i would be reminded that i'm suffering through another year of decay and that i should just do it or rather want the time to do it come by already.

Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
Absolutely. I wish I could erase all records of it.

null_blank

null_blank

just passing through
Aug 14, 2024
My birthday falls very close to Christmas and while I admit that celebration is a lot more important, it feels like people treat me like I sorta just tacked myself on to the season for attention or something. Let me tell you how much that backfired!

My mom might feel something the same—hers also comes very close to the day.

Amways,
I don't like it cos like others have said, I'd rather just not have been here at all. Big party and stuff? For what??