clown

clown

πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€“πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€
Jan 17, 2022
I was 10 when i got tics that wouldn't go away. Now i have been suffering from them everyday for 9 years. I have this tic when i suddenly nod with my head super fast and it is annoying. And i might have another kind of tic now too where my nose is twitching uncontrollably, recently got it and if it doesn't go away ima be very sad :( i actuslly haven't been bullied too much for my tics but of course some people bullied me because of my weird nodding. Idk why i got tics because i wasn't depressed when i got tics so it can't be due to depression. I remember getting hit with a football/soccerball in the head very hard that might have been before i got my tics. That might be the reason. Or maybe i just got them for no reason at all. I have always imagined how weird and stupid i must be looking with my tics, luckily nowadays they mostly happen when im alone in my room, rarely when im in the public and i think most of the time nobody notices them. But they are still very annoying im having them right now as i write this. It is one of the reasons to why i want to ctb.
Anyone else here suffering from tics/tourette's?

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, Dead Ghost, Lostandlooking and 3 others
completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
As a kid I would have the occasional tic for a month and then stop. I don't have tics anymore since childhood. I have OCD though, and the experience of tourette's/tics resonate with me in some way.

I'm very sorry you're going through this anguish. I can't fully imagine the experience of having tics and tourettes, it's must be overwhelming in public too eh?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and clown
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
Yes I get tic/shakes. They often show up when I'm stressed. It sucks.

• Hugs
clown

clown

πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€“πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€
Jan 17, 2022
As a kid I would have the occasional tic for a month and then stop. I don't have tics anymore since childhood. I have OCD though, and the experience of tourette's/tics resonate with me in some way.

I'm very sorry you're going through this anguish. I can't fully imagine the experience of having tics and tourettes, it's must be overwhelming in public too eh?
Thank you for your kind words. When i got them they happened all the time when i was in public and yes it was annoying and i got bullied but now they mostly happening when im alone. Im happy for you that your tics stopped. When they stop after a month or so they are just called tics but if they continue amd become permanent they are called tourettes i think. But people call them just tics all the time so i call mine "tics" even tho mine are probably permanent.
Yes I get tic/shakes. They often show up when I'm stressed. It sucks.
Im sorry you are suffering from tics. I hope it gets better for you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: akana, Lefty, Dead Meat and 1 other person
completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
mine are probably permanent.
Are there medication or therapy typically prescribed for tics? Do your tics get better when in private instead of public? You are very strong

• Love
clown

clown

Jan 17, 2022
Are there medication or therapy typically prescribed for tics? Do your tics get better when in private instead of public? You are very strong
There is no cure for tics but i think there are meds that help against the symptoms. I have not taken any meds tho. But i have condidered talking to a doctor abt it. For some reason they are better when im in public and especially when im interacting with people because it takes my mind completly off them. When im in private and not talking to anybody and get a tic, i notice it and then i get reminded of my tics and the tics are worse when i think about them. Thats why they are worse in private than in public. They are also worse if my sleeping schedule changes suddenly. You are very strong too honestly!!

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, completely-done and Dead Meat
A

akana

Student
Mar 21, 2022
yes they're tiring as fuck honestly i can completely relate with you. i had tics, tourettes, misophonia, misokinesia, the whole shebang. mine get worse when i think about them too. its like a cycle you have to maintain in check. same with when im out, they go away. they're the worst at home or by myself. i think tics/ocd correlate and go hand in hand. usually happens more when im stressed and understimulated

i'd get tics and really extreme facial expressions that i'd have to hide and also shouting and stuff and this intense nodding and shaking head tic. hate talking about it but only saying it cause i relate. had ocd since i was like 8/9 and tics at 10ish.
it was worse probably at 14 its exhausting cause people think im just being rude.
they def dont come from depression or anything, im the same. mine just came out of nowhere. but my parents def did not handle it well when i first started having them and it ruined my childhood a bit because of that and me thinking there was something "wrong" w me
i've tended to go my whole life calling them tics mostly cause other people would. i dont really know if there's much of a difference between tics and tourettes. whichever word it is, i have it

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and clown
A

Awkward_Fox92

May 15, 2022
A sibling and I have had it most of our lives. His is more noticeable and I was told for years that I was faking for attention. Just like I was faking the heart condition that I told my mom about at the age of 5. Almost killed me when I was 17. It races for no reason just like my lovely mouth. I hate it. I hate the feeling of not controlling what is ultimately coming from my own vocal chords. When you have little ones that want to have friends over it never happens more than once because the other parents freak if they think you've said something hideous out their child. No lady I squeak like a damn mouse and randomly hit my tables and my legs. I look like an idiot out in public and I just hate it.

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and clown
clown

clown

Jan 17, 2022
yes they're tiring as fuck honestly i can completely relate with you. i had tics, tourettes, misophonia, misokinesia, the whole shebang. mine get worse when i think about them too. its like a cycle you have to maintain in check. same with when im out, they go away. they're the worst at home or by myself. i think tics/ocd correlate and go hand in hand. usually happens more when im stressed and understimulated

i'd get tics and really extreme facial expressions that i'd have to hide and also shouting and stuff and this intense nodding and shaking head tic. hate talking about it but only saying it cause i relate. had ocd since i was like 8/9 and tics at 10ish.
it was worse probably at 14 its exhausting cause people think im just being rude.
they def dont come from depression or anything, im the same. mine just came out of nowhere. but my parents def did not handle it well when i first started having them and it ruined my childhood a bit because of that and me thinking there was something "wrong" w me
i've tended to go my whole life calling them tics mostly cause other people would. i dont really know if there's much of a difference between tics and tourettes. whichever word it is, i have it
The intense nodding is what i have, have a little bit of other tics too but the nodding is the absolute worst. Luckliy they almost never happens in public anymore, i can be a normal person in public but still to this day i have tics when im alone in my room, they are annoying for sure but it was worse when i was a little kid, pretty sure tics are one reason to why i got depression when i was a kid. I hope it gets better for you!!
A sibling and I have had it most of our lives. His is more noticeable and I was told for years that I was faking for attention. Just like I was faking the heart condition that I told my mom about at the age of 5. Almost killed me when I was 17. It races for no reason just like my lovely mouth. I hate it. I hate the feeling of not controlling what is ultimately coming from my own vocal chords. When you have little ones that want to have friends over it never happens more than once because the other parents freak if they think you've said something hideous out their child. No lady I squeak like a damn mouse and randomly hit my tables and my legs. I look like an idiot out in public and I just hate it.
I know the pain when you can't control your tics :( and the fact that nobody believed you when you said you have tics must be very hard... I hope it get better for you. You are not alone with tics.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
A

akana

Student
Mar 21, 2022
yeah my family tend to take it personally for some reason when i always tried reassurring them that its not personal. i used to have squeaking tics too. the only pro my tics ever gave me was that i could reach super high notes getting older because i'd exercised my vocal chords so much lol.

yeah mine almost never are in public for some reason, only home. definitely worse when i was younger too :(

• Hugs
Reactions: clown and Dead Ghost
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable πŸ’” Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🀍
Mar 11, 2022
I'm so sorry for the suffering that all of you have to go through because of tics. I hope you guys can find a way to control them or deal with them better.

@clown the same to you. I think it's worth a try to see if taking medication helps.

• Love
Reactions: clown