Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
This week has been bad and with barely any sleep. I'm normally pretty numb to sad feelings most of the time. I'm not used to feeling like this. How do you cope?

• Hugs
Reactions: moshimoshi and denjiwillsaveme
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
You need an SSRI bro. Or a benzo, or combination of the two. If you can chemically unfaze yourself, or tire yourself out through the meds, you have a much better chance of getting a lot more sleep.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I have had insomnia for about 20 years and I've gotten pretty used to it. The thing that makes me angry is I know I could be so much happier and so much healthier if I could just get some damn sleep. My memory isn't as good as it should be. My mood isn't as good as it should be. I don't lose weight as fast as I should. I'm at higher risk for stroke, heart attack, and dementia. My life will be shorter.

Unfortunately, I'm down to taking addictive prescription meds if I want to try and fix it but I'm already prone to addiction so I don't want to take that route. Could also have WAY better sleep hygiene but my partner has seen to it that that will never happen.

You need an SSRI bro. Or a benzo, or combination of the two. If you can chemically unfaze yourself, or tire yourself out through the meds, you have a much better chance of getting a lot more sleep.
A lot of SSRIs can give you insomnia.

As far as coping, I'm going to scream this from the heavens until the day I die: HAVE GOOD SLEEP HYGIENE! I know that doesn't sound helpful but the only way to combat lack of sleep is... sleeping. Most people I know who talk about insomnia or being tired all of the time have horrible sleep hygiene. It's the only thing that works for me:
  • Have a consistent sleep schedule. Aim to be in bed and to wake up within 30 minutes of a set time every day. If you do this, you can teach your body when it's bedtime and you will start feeling sleepy.
  • STAY HYDRATED! It sounds silly but hydration seriously fixes so much. Make sure your pee is light yellow (like lemonade) when you go to the bathroom.
  • Dim the lights at least 30 minutes before bed. I have LED lights that have a "candle" setting where they get a sim, soft yellowish color. Your brain needs darkness to signal it's time for sleep.
  • Do something non-stimulating before bed. Don't get on social media. Don't listen to loud music/watch something flashy and exciting. I usually read before bed or I listen to a video from a Youtuber I like (I fall asleep to let's plays all the time).
  • Forgot to add limiting your caffeine/alcohol intake. Both of these can interfere with sleep.
Unfortunately, there really isn't much you can do for insomnia other than try techniques you make you sleep. If it starts disrupting your life to the extreme I highly recommend talking to a medical professional if you can.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ambivalent1
denjiwillsaveme

denjiwillsaveme

Apr 11, 2024
I wish I knew I've taken 10 pills of melatonin, and still no effects (besides heartburn) :(

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: moshimoshi and Forveleth
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I was taking Ativan but I just stayed awake because I'm not used to feeling ok lol

Reactions: Forveleth