Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Cities are just grids that revolve around cars. Shops are scattered about and repeat themselves. The modern world is a soulless hell. I'm surprised the suicide rate isn't higher.

Reactions: Contraband, Catch-22, maneose and 13 others
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
hell must look exactly like this

• Love
Reactions: Catch-22, maneose, mediocre and 5 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
hell must look exactly like this
How do people enjoy this shit? Every day is similar with the going to jobs, school, the store, etc. Over an over for decades 😦

Reactions: maneose, sserafim, Alexei_Kirillov and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
nightmare inducing images/painting(s) involving too many cars and unwalkable cities

d6yupbqlmqk91.jpg

Screen-shot-2015-11-17-at-10.00.35-AM.png

l2bqyey2bbr91.jpg

Reactions: maneose, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, EvisceratedJester and 3 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
  • Yay!
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Is that real? 🤢
the first one is a painting

the second one is real

and the third one
I am not sure because it looks a bit AI generated to me but then again places like this do look like that from above most of the time and are very repetitive

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I can't stand the town I live in. I'd go so far as to say it would be absolutely impossible for anyone to hate the city I live in more than I do. And that's NOT an exaggeration. I despise where I live. I wish it would just collapse into the bowels of the earth.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Catch-22, mediocre and Ambivalent1
innominesatanas44

innominesatanas44

🇷🇸
Feb 16, 2023
Yes, good urban planning changes everything.

Reactions: Catch-22, Alexei_Kirillov and Ambivalent1
B

biasedregret

Feb 23, 2024
North American cities are dogshit in general. Europe is better in my experience.

• Love
Reactions: maneose, mediocre, psp3000 and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, it's kind of weird that so many people seem to enjoy shopping as a kind of hobby. Yay consumerism. Maybe I'm weird though. I've never much liked shopping.

Do you think you'd like living in the countryside though? It can be very isolating. Not that I've ever lived anywhere very rural- mostly suburbs but for a while, the nearest cinema was a bus ride and a walk through a field away. Lol.

Trouble is- we want it all. We want local, convenient amenities but we also want to live somewhere with character. I do agree though. Cities all start to look the same.

• Yay!
Reactions: mediocre, sserafim, psp3000 and 1 other person
H

HarryCobean

Apr 12, 2024
I'm lucky not to live in a city anymore and I wouldn't go back. I mean, where I live is incredibly inconvenient for everything, but it's better than living in a city.

Reactions: mediocre and Ambivalent1
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think my city is fine. I do wish things were more within walking distance and that I could drive less than five minutes to get to any stores but I don't mind driving all that much.

I wish I was cool/balanced enough to be good with roller skates then I'd love to use those more to go places.

Reactions: mediocre and Ambivalent1
yellowjester

yellowjester

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
Cars should be banned IMO. Our cities would be so much nicer without them.

• Love
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Yeah, it's kind of weird that so many people seem to enjoy shopping as a kind of hobby. Yay consumerism. Maybe I'm weird though. I've never much liked shopping.

Do you think you'd like living in the countryside though? It can be very isolating. Not that I've ever lived anywhere very rural- mostly suburbs but for a while, the nearest cinema was a bus ride and a walk through a field away. Lol.

Trouble is- we want it all. We want local, convenient amenities but we also want to live somewhere with character. I do agree though. Cities all start to look the same.
I've lived rural. Everything is far apart. No anxiety but depression comes to fill the gap. Not much to do.
I think my city is fine. I do wish things were more within walking distance and that I could drive less than five minutes to get to any stores but I don't mind driving all that much.

I wish I was cool/balanced enough to be good with roller skates then I'd love to use those more to go places.
Do people still use roller blades?

Do people still use roller blades?
Cars should be banned IMO. Our cities would be so much nicer without them.
Should never have been invented.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I love rural living even though it can be harder to find services and get around. Online ordering changed everything for rural people.

Reactions: innominesatanas44
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
London is so ugly, i cant wait to move to the countryside

• Wow
Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
It depends what country you are talking about ..
I wouldn't want to live in those huge American cities .. they are so spread out! I would feel very overwhelmed and anxious and it must take ages to get anywhere?

I live in a small city in Ireland .. it has a lot of hills but it's very compact and walkable.. sometimes I take that for granted when I criticise it.
The public transport is not great but adequate.. so I don't need a car .. I probably would need one if I lived in other countries.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
North American cities are dogshit in general. Europe is better in my experience.
Everybody gangster until the black mold creeps in the old mansion style flats and terrace houses. 1000024599

The walkability of most European cities is great though. I'm not sure if the mold and outdated infrastructure is a huge problem outside of the UK too, but I think many of the flats and houses being put up for rent in the London market are completely uninhabitable for a rat, much less a person.

When I visited Canada before I was amazed by some of the modern infrastructure, yet also felt like I was in the backrooms constantly with how completely empty and uninhabited it was. Even shopping malls felt like they were devoid of people. Canadian cities gave me very bad vibes.

Southeast asian cities and Amsterdam are my personal favourites. If I wasn't disabled and lacking in skills I would love to live in Kuala Lumpur or Tokyo outskirts. I don't really like where I live right now, but this is mainly because the economy sucks so all of the good shops, activities, and opportunities close up and dry out more and more. It's hard to find anyone with similar interests and hobbies as me.

I loved visiting Japan because of local izakayas (small bars) and good public transit which gives access to loads of different activities and hobbies. Art shops, music shops, book and manga shops, gaming shops, internet cafes, 7 story arcades, pop up cafes and shops, 8 story shopping malls, cosplay events, scenic nature walks, museums, places to hang out with animals, festivals, concerts, historical places to visit. If I were in asia I would probably never run out of things to do.

In my european city, however, the main attraction is drinking and football 😂 I dislike living here solely because I'm so different to most people and have very weird interests, there's really nothing for me.

Reactions: astr4
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Everybody gangster until the black mold creeps in the old mansion style flats and terrace houses.View attachment 143034

The walkability of most European cities is great though. I'm not sure if the mold and outdated infrastructure is a huge problem outside of the UK too, but I think many of the flats and houses being put up for rent in the London market are completely uninhabitable for a rat, much less a person.

When I visited Canada before I was amazed by some of the modern infrastructure, yet also felt like I was in the backrooms constantly with how completely empty and uninhabited it was. Even shopping malls felt like they were devoid of people. Canadian cities gave me very bad vibes.

Southeast asian cities and Amsterdam are my personal favourites. If I wasn't disabled and lacking in skills I would love to live in Kuala Lumpur or Tokyo outskirts. I don't really like where I live right now, but this is mainly because the economy sucks so all of the good shops, activities, and opportunities close up and dry out more and more. It's hard to find anyone with similar interests and hobbies as me.

I loved visiting Japan because of local izakayas (small bars) and good public transit which gives access to loads of different activities and hobbies. Art shops, music shops, book and manga shops, gaming shops, internet cafes, 7 story arcades, pop up cafes and shops, 8 story shopping malls, cosplay events, scenic nature walks, museums, places to hang out with animals, festivals, concerts, historical places to visit. If I were in asia I would probably never run out of things to do.

In my european city, however, the main attraction is drinking and football 😂 I dislike living here solely because I'm so different to most people and have very weird interests, there's really nothing for me.
Move to America illegally 😈 everyone is doing it

Reactions: Life Is My Coffin
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
Where I live is overrated and ridiculously too expensive. I think it's one of the most expensive cities to live in the United States. Price of an average house you could probably buy a mansion anywhere else. I'm not rich I'm stuck living with my mother which is hell. I'm disabled and have no choice. Many consider it home of software and the internet

• Aww..
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Where I live is overrated and ridiculously too expensive. I think it's one of the most expensive cities to live in the United States. Price of an average house you could probably buy a mansion anywhere else. I'm not rich I'm stuck living with my mother which is hell. I'm disabled and have no choice. Many consider it home of software and the internet
Silicon Valley?

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024

Omg.... If where you live doesn't SUCK you don't get a vote!🤥🥺🧐

• Love
Reactions: Ambivalent1 and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Omg.... If where you live doesn't SUCK you don't get a vote!🤥🥺🧐
I mean parts of where I live suck but it just doesn't bother me much. Sorry. 😓

I basically live in this kind of area too.

Reactions: Catch-22
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I hate the town I live in.

astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
Everybody gangster until the black mold creeps in the old mansion style flats and terrace houses.View attachment 143034

canada hater detected 🤬🤬🤬🤬
/jk

i'm surprised that the cities gave you bad vibes! i get awful vibes the second i leave the city!! well, things immediately become less walkable but also more affordable outside the city so i suppose it's a double edged sword. i guess it also depends on the city you're talking about. any city that isn't one of the big 3 feels oddly grey and liminal.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
This world is hell 😭

Reactions: astr4