blacktrain98

blacktrain98

suicide raaaah
Sep 11, 2020
One of my reasons to ctb is just how sick I get when I think about humans...

I, for one, am burned out, and don't want to be apart of this disgusting problem. The effects of humanity are everywhere, you can't escape it. Not even in nature. Everyone is so full of hurt, greed, hatred, and all these fucked up feelings... and Idk I guess I'm just acutely aware of it now and it's suffocating me. Is this genuinely what I was born on this planet to do? To be miserable inside a miserable species? To witness atrocities on the daily and just ignore it and go to my day job so I can buy things that distract me? Not to mention the people in my life I know specifically... I feel like it's so hard to genuinely trust people after all of the times I've been hurt and abandoned and mocked. And my pain only adds to the global clusterfuck of the species. I feel like ctb is the only morally correct thing to do honestly. I don't think anyone can do anything of value in a way that will actually solve the issue of humanity itself, there's no "good" person in this game.

tl;dr - I wish society could give me just one reason to stay around and participate.

Also cooking is the only thing us apes got right, what's your favorite dish? Mine is a good chunk of salmon with a mashed sweet potato as a side.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, it's_all_a_game, ohhgeeitsme and 13 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I agree with you, as far as most humans are, humm, shall we say YIKES!!!! I have seen through my years, I am 64 years young, so much greed, self-centered and egotistical people that I truly wonder how the human species has made it so far. In different jobs and limited personal life I have experienced so much that is so terrible that I race back to Sanctioned Suicide and I get to be with the only people that are nice to me and hopefull that I am also nice to them.
The 1 thing that I am somewhat good at is cooking and I can make a pretty good hand made pizza.
Walter

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, it's_all_a_game, NodusTollens and 10 others
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
I'm disgusted by the way humans are trashing the entire planet. Whether it's climate change, plastic pollution, deforestation, habitat destruction, air and water pollution, pesticide use, suburban sprawl, mass extinctions, coral bleaching, desertification, fracking, oil spills, overfishing, wildfires, wildlife poaching, overpopulation, etc., there isn't anywhere left on the planet that humanity hasn't touched somehow.

I love pizza!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, NodusTollens, disabledandhopeless and 8 others
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
Thank you for being here! I've been threatening to commit suicide with my friends and family for months now, and I know they're concerned about me but also deeply uncomfortable with the topic. Besides, I do not want to end up in the psych ward again. So I need a place like this where I can discuss this topic in a rational way so that if and when I do it, I can do it calmly and with no hesitation or regrets. I also need to be conversing with fellow like-minded humans because my conversations with God in which I'm begging and pleading for Him to come and take me off this earth are getting me absolutely nowhere.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, NodusTollens, AE2021 and 2 others
G

Goodbye710

Student
Jul 12, 2020
I've left society for the most part to protect myself. Sometimes watching this youtube channel where this man does random acts of helping people is nice to see. There are still some left...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, NodusTollens, AE2021 and 3 others
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
@blacktrain98 You summed up my feelings exactly. I never had a very high opinion of humanity, but the last year has shown me that I had vastly overestimated our species. My country's culture is a death cult, in which everyone's goal is to push their perceived enemies off the cliff before rushing headlong over it themselves. I want no part of it. If I ctb, that's one less trash-generator for planet earth to bear.

Kraft macaroni and cheese is good!

• Hugs
Reactions: blacktrain98, AE2021, whywere and 1 other person
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I'm disgusted by the way humans are trashing the entire planet. Whether it's climate change, plastic pollution, deforestation, habitat destruction, air and water pollution, pesticide use, suburban sprawl, mass extinctions, coral bleaching, desertification, fracking, oil spills, overfishing, wildfires, wildlife poaching, overpopulation, etc., there isn't anywhere left on the planet that humanity hasn't touched somehow.

I love pizza!
Does the planet matter by itself though? Ultimately it's just a resource to be used up and discarded. I used to fantasize about humanity colonising space but sadly that won't solve any problems. When I read up on the science of it, it turned out that we're not short on anything that can be found in space. We're short on things that, as far as we know, can only be found on Earth. So once it's gone, we're done, and space ships won't help. Why is reality so boring?

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, disabledandhopeless, blacktrain98 and 4 others
sacrificial lamb

sacrificial lamb

eldritch horror on his way home.
Apr 26, 2020
If I leave my house a single time without getting harassed, I might consider re-evaluating my feelings about humanity (not really). I completely understand what you expressed here and feel the same... It's so devastating tbh that whenever such feelings are expressed, people write it off as you being an edgelord, when the state of the world caused by humanity genuinely hurts you.
P.S. My favorite food is avocado! I also love any kind of Korean cuisine...

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, NodusTollens, blacktrain98 and 4 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
In the final analysis, I'm not disgusted by humanity really. sometimes I hate what people do or say, but I always try to remind myself that if I had their brain, I'd do exactly the same as them - nobody is simply free to be the 'ideal' person at all times. This makes it difficult for me to hate them. I am disgusted by the amount of suffering in life though, SOME of which is caused by humans, but most of which (I think) is not any one person's fault. My favourite food is...curry I think

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, blacktrain98 and AE2021
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Oh humans, that species which is gonna go extinct because they will destroy themselves. Dumb monkeys with smartphones!
Wait, I'm one of them! Dammit.

Okay, I guess I like them but I hate them. Does that many any sense?

• Wow
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and AE2021
A

AE2021

Experienced
Sep 21, 2020
I agree with so much of what everyone has written. There are some genuine and caring people on this planet, but the vast majority are ego driven and competitive. All of you have nailed it. And my work life was centered around the "helping" field, which you would think would have an abundance of compassionate and thoughtful people.....NOT!!! And the mental health profession was the worst. It was unbelievably shallow, political and toxic. I stayed in it so that I could be there for the clients. They needed someone who was genuinely fighting for them. And since I had walked in their shoes I had a good understanding of how to help. Needless to say I was not the favored employee since I wouldn't suck up to the administration.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, whywere and 5 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Yes / pizza

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen, whywere, 262653 and 3 others
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Haggis. Deep fry that mother fucker.

Reactions: blacktrain98
blacktrain98

blacktrain98

suicide raaaah
Sep 11, 2020
If I leave my house a single time without getting harassed, I might consider re-evaluating my feelings about humanity (not really). I completely understand what you expressed here and feel the same... It's so devastating tbh that whenever such feelings are expressed, people write it off as you being an edgelord, when the state of the world caused by humanity genuinely hurts you.
P.S. My favorite food is avocado! I also love any kind of Korean cuisine...
yeah I hate the idea that I'm coming across as edgy, it comes more from a place of let down. Like I used to be a people pleaser and do whatever I can to make people comfortable and supported... But now idk if anyone really deserves it. I think the biodiversity and health of the planet is so much more important than the feelings of humans. I was at a friend's place recently and I was triggered by some random talkshow and I just started crying by myself. When he found me he was like "All of this over some random people and their opinions?" And I just told him "I'm just so sick of people using semantics, politics, and debate to avoid doing the right thing..." It was basically the straw that broke the camel's back, and now I just have no more patience for it all.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, whywere and 2 others
Gaybonez

Gaybonez

vegan jesus
Nov 30, 2020
One of my reasons to ctb is just how sick I get when I think about humans...

I, for one, am burned out, and don't want to be apart of this disgusting problem. The effects of humanity are everywhere, you can't escape it. Not even in nature. Everyone is so full of hurt, greed, hatred, and all these fucked up feelings... and Idk I guess I'm just acutely aware of it now and it's suffocating me. Is this genuinely what I was born on this planet to do? To be miserable inside a miserable species? To witness atrocities on the daily and just ignore it and go to my day job so I can buy things that distract me? Not to mention the people in my life I know specifically... I feel like it's so hard to genuinely trust people after all of the times I've been hurt and abandoned and mocked. And my pain only adds to the global clusterfuck of the species. I feel like ctb is the only morally correct thing to do honestly. I don't think anyone can do anything of value in a way that will actually solve the issue of humanity itself, there's no "good" person in this game.

tl;dr - I wish society could give me just one reason to stay around and participate.

Also cooking is the only thing us apes got right, what's your favorite dish? Mine is a good chunk of salmon with a mashed sweet potato as a side.
I think humanity is a net negative. But, I also think that most people who express hate for other people so openly are usually just hurt. Most people haven't been through that much to actually come to the conclusion that people are bad. They're just using it as a front to protect themselves IMO

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and BornofDust
BornofDust

BornofDust

Student
Dec 11, 2020
Humanity doesn't necessarily disgusts me( although sometimes it does), humanity just genuinely perplexes, iratest and disappoints me. I personally believe that if humanity as a whole puts effort into solving all, if not most of our problems we can, the problem is that we just either to short-sighted too or simply don't want to because it requires us to sacrifice our selfishness, greed and egocentric ways, which unfortunately a lot of people just simply like being that way, whether they want to admit it or not. Since I believe that the human race, or at least a lot of it is generally sadistic at heart. I also hate humanity's hypocrisy too, a lot of people (not you @blacktrain98 or anyone in this forum) who also claim to be disgusted by the human race are just as bad if not worst then the people they are criticizing. Also it seems like a lot of people are generally either apathetic or complicit to all the messed up things in the world for their own benefit.

My favorite dish is pizza, chicken nuggets and rice. Yeah I'm a bit of a simply guy lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, whywere and 1 other person
nolongerhuman

nolongerhuman

Arcanist
Feb 9, 2021
Eh, when I think of humans as just another species of primate and avoid thinking of them as this higher species that's intrinsically stronger, more compassionate or more rational by birthright, my feelings on humanitystart to become a lot more grounded in reality. I set the bar low and as a consequence am not disappointed.

I like steak and fresh fruit.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
100% disgusted with the human race, I don't even need to elaborate because you have already described exactly how I feel about it.
I am heartbroken for our planet and all those who suffer because of the greed, ignorance and cruelty of others (that includes fellow humans, animals, plants and insects) how can people justify setting off a bomb or destroying multiple environments for profit when I suffer guilt just for walking on the grass because I wonder if it feels pain.
I feel guilt for eating because I know something died to sustain my life but until I Ctb I have to keep doing it.
I do love basil and chilli butternut squash with rice though. If I must eat, I have to at least appreciate how tasty it is xD

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, whywere and AE2021
wishicouldgoback

wishicouldgoback

Dec 30, 2020
Ignorance is bliss.

Reactions: NodusTollens

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I think humans as a whole are sick, confused, and psychopathic. Hurt species who cause hurt. The planet will be fine though. Nothing a good shower or a lava bath cannot fix.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, Spiral and 1 other person
W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
Yup. I often feel I'm one of a few people who's actually seen behind the veil of society. Like people who think that everything is fine are willfully ignoring how awful everyone is to each other. To be fair, there are a handful of genuinely good people but they're so few and far between.
Also I love sushi. All kinds but especially salmon

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, whywere and 2 others
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
It's not the species that's the problem, were just inbred brush apes (we pick our own noses and eat it for fuck sake) it's the things we do to each other and the planet that's the problem. The planets getting mighty pissed.

Reactions: AE2021
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
yes / simple cheese pizza or dumplings

Reactions: NodusTollens
shy

shy

Student
Aug 23, 2020
Humanity and it's consequences were a mistake. I like to dip baguette in hummus, the taste to effort ratio is pretty damn good.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, NodusTollens and wordsonscreen
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
Humanity is indeed appalling, but so are all predators of the world. There is a video that is all over the internet of a lioness that "saves" a baby lamb. In reality, the lioness just killed and ate its mother and is now playing with it's snack because killing it too. Humans seem to dismiss things like this as animals being animals, just doing what they're wired to do and they are right, but humans are only animals too and we're wired to do shitty things just the same. It's a pretty horrifying universe we live in.

I like a good avocado. Salmon and sweet potatoes are next :)

Reactions: ithappens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I'm sickened by our ability to disregard the plight of others. We know whole community's in poverty, people starving, living on the streets, people struggling with mental illness... and somehow, we can walk right on by without even batting an eye. Change the channel because we have that luxury. Then, be the first to degrade those beneath us to feel better about ourselves? Why? Because we did it & if I can do it, so can you. Nevermind individual lots in life: SES, familial wealth, nationality... things we cannot choose yet degrade other for not having.

Mangoes.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, wordsonscreen, AE2021 and 1 other person
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Depends on which part of humanity are we talking about. I hate the modern culture of self-centeredness, of selfies and social media and I truly feel this will make us weak and dumb. I hate demagogues and opportunists that praise and then betray their ideals. I hate how people are blissfully unaware of the impact they have on nature. And the impact they have on other people.
But there's another side. The hard path of patience and discipline, of empathy and sacrifice, of wisdom and creativity. There has been a lot of greatness in human history, and we all have witnessed it at some point.

Reactions: AE2021 and NodusTollens