Student
Sep 12, 2018
Torture is a warehouse job

Reactions: Final Escape, Justanotherconsumer, Nihilistnow and 2 others
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
Unless you get to drive around in a forklift. Then it's bearable.

Reactions: Final Escape, whatmattersmost, Caustic Cardinals and 3 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
The dull grey walls no windows you may as well be in prison.

Reactions: Final Escape and Regisphilbin_savant
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Oh yes they are horrible... Random hours and dangerous... not how i want to go out

Reactions: Final Escape, Regisphilbin_savant and Justanotherconsumer
Regisphilbin_savant

Regisphilbin_savant

Student
Sep 12, 2018
Exactly. Limited amount of talking allowed. Everyone looks depressed
Its even more depressing if.you talk to most people in that environment

Reactions: Final Escape and Justanotherconsumer
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
You ever work for FedEx or UPS? Yea fuck those places.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape, Smilla and 1 other person
blood orange

blood orange

Sep 14, 2018
Unpopular opinion, I liked the warehouse I used to work at.

The work was annoying, but everyone always entertained themselves and were nice to be around. The pay was and still is good, insurance actually covered everything I needed. Plus bc we had a lot of immigrants we had lots of potlucks. We had holidays off and mandatory bowling parties.

Now I work at a more 'liberal, progressive' company. There's no diversity (even though we have a diversity initive) and everyone is delusional. And despite being trendy and anti establishment they pay less then their morally bankrupt competitors.

Reactions: Smilla, Mayfil, RoloTomasi and 2 others
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I worked in a warehouse for 14 months once. For the first 8 months I drove around a cherry picker all day and pulled boxes off of the racks to be sent to different departments. ( I liked it) For the final 6 months I did receiving and put away work. I unloaded trailers and containers and had to print out and put labels on the boxes that we would put on skids to be put away. I also had to go around and do condensing work so we could make room for new stuff to be put away. The work by itself wasn't too bad but I quit because I got stuck working for some asshole that treated me like I was his personal assistant. He use to yell and swear at me while he took it easy and sat on his special tow motor all day while I did all the hard work.

Reactions: Desperate_Soul and Final Escape
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
I worked in a warehouse for 14 months once. For the first 8 months I drove around a cherry picker all day and pulled boxes off of the racks to be sent to different departments. ( I liked it) For the final 6 months I did receiving and put away work. I unloaded trailers and containers and had to print out and put labels on the boxes that we would put on skids to be put away. I also had to go around and do condensing work so we could make room for new stuff to be put away. The work by itself wasn't too bad but I quit because I got stuck working for some asshole that treated me like I was his personal assistant. He use to yell and swear at me while he took it easy and sat on his special tow motor all day while I did all the hard work.
Unloading trucks is HELL

Reactions: Final Escape and Regisphilbin_savant
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Unloading trucks is HELL
Especially when the trailer or container has been in the hot sun for days or if you have to unload one that smells really bad.

Reactions: Desperate_Soul, Final Escape and Volatile
wezel

wezel

Experienced
Aug 14, 2018
Unpopular opinion, I liked the warehouse I used to work at.

The work was annoying, but everyone always entertained themselves and were nice to be around. The pay was and still is good, insurance actually covered everything I needed. Plus bc we had a lot of immigrants we had lots of potlucks. We had holidays off and mandatory bowling parties.

Now I work at a more 'liberal, progressive' company. There's no diversity (even though we have a diversity initive) and everyone is delusional. And despite being trendy and anti establishment they pay less then their morally bankrupt competitors.

Take it from me: the "liberals" and "progressives" don't give a damn about anybody, as long as they get their skinny latte with sugar free hazelnut syrup served correctly, their Amazon parcel arrives in time and their latest iPhone is at hand.
The rest is bullshit and lip service.
One of the worst companies of all is Amazon, treating its workers like absolute shit, and the owner is now the richest man on the globe and is -- quelle surprise -- a "Liberal".
Hurray.

Reactions: Final Escape, Smilla, Circles and 2 others
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
Especially when the trailer or container has been in the hot sun for days or if you have to unload one that smells really bad.
I used to take so many water breaks. All the trucks smelled the same to me.

Reactions: Final Escape
whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
How do you go about getting a warehouse job?

Reactions: Final Escape and lv-gras
whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
I want to ctb while operating a forklift

Reactions: Regisphilbin_savant, Final Escape, Smilla and 1 other person
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Take it from me: the "liberals" and "progressives" don't give a damn about anybody, as long as they get their skinny latte with sugar free hazelnut syrup served correctly, their Amazon parcel arrives in time and their latest iPhone is at hand.
The rest is bullshit and lip service.
One of the worst companies of all is Amazon, treating its workers like absolute shit, and the owner is now the richest man on the globe and is -- quelle surprise -- a "Liberal".
Hurray.

So true.

Love the hazelnut syrup part too. Lmao.

If i want coffee I get a goddamned coffee. Screw poopicino lattes—there is a type of coffee you can get that costs $200 per pound which literally comes out of the assholes of some animal in South America.

Folgers all the way.

Also tea snobs bother me. I bought special nice earl gray tea bags for my brothers visit and he refused to drink it cause it wasn't LOOSED LEAF tea. Geeze Louise I thought I was being fancy cause it wasn't Lipton!

If you don't have a reason to kill yourself, folks, hang out with coffee snobs and tea snobs. There's your reason. BOOM!

Last edited:
Reactions: SomeGuyDK and Final Escape
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I mean wtf in that it would negatively effect a warehouse company

Oh. Okay. Got it.

Why so concerned about "the company"?

They have insurance policies to handle such matters.