iftheworldwasending

iftheworldwasending

My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoice.
Sep 26, 2020
the fucking irony of it all is that this site is where i feel safest sometimes. i feel seen, and cared for. to know that as horrendous as it is, there are other humans who feel the same. who stand by each other, regardless of if they decide to CTB or change their minds.
i've met some of the most incredible people from SS who have held me when i was down and made me feel heard and loved.

does anyone else feel like SS is keeping them alive sometimes?
maybe i make no sense.

xx

• Love
Reactions: LivvenDe, dyingalone123, Whale_bones and 7 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
the fucking irony of it all is that this site is where i feel safest sometimes. i feel seen, and cared for. to know that as horrendous as it is, there are other humans who feel the same. who stand by each other, regardless of if they decide to CTB or change their minds.
i've met some of the most incredible people from SS who have held me when i was down and made me feel heard and loved.

does anyone else feel like SS is keeping them alive sometimes?
maybe i make no sense.

xx
Yes, I feel the same and I guarantee that there are not many here who feel the same. Many of us need places like this to express ourselves freely without being judged and thanks to this, making a more rational decision is like a relief in the middle of the storm.

Reactions: GreenMile and WaterHemlock
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
maybe i make no sense.
You make perfect sense.

I feel the same - to an extent. This community is the only place where I can express how I feel without getting a response of shock in return, because I deviated from the actors script.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, GreenMile and WaterHemlock
M

mossyfox

Student
Aug 4, 2021
you make perfect sense and SS is 100% keeping me off the edge. I've come down from 9 to 3 since joining.

Reactions: Whale_bones, GreenMile and WaterHemlock
GreenMile

GreenMile

Aug 3, 2021
Yes, big time, it slows everything down and takes the urgency out of the CTB. It's a unique, safe space.

• Love
Reactions: mossyfox
M

mossyfox

Student
Aug 4, 2021
I agree that it slows everything down. weird how exactly that works. Feeling understood and knowing you have control somehow takes the urgency away and makes you realize there is no need to rush and do something botched and unplanned.

• Love
Reactions: GreenMile
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I see more survival here than death. This community is very supportive in ways you will not find anywhere else.

Reactions: Whale_bones and mossyfox
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, being on here is the one thing that makes me feel better. I just like having a place where we can talk openly about these topics. It is an distraction from my own thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: GreenMile
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
I think this place keeps me going too. As others have said, it's the only place you can genuinely talk about how you feel and the way things are. It is so much better to talk with people here who, while giving their own opinions won't try to bulldoze you with them. Talking to most professionals, most of the time they want to push the topic of conversation back "on script". The dumb thing is that if they adopted the philosophy of SS more people would probably be helped.

This place in a way reminds me of a plot element in Star Trek Voyager (for those familiar) known as "Uni-Matrix Zero". It was a place for members of the Borg Collective to meet in a virtual paradise, safe from the hive mind of the collective that had assimilated them. So SS is similar to me in a sense as I can "unplug" from the hive mind and be more true to and like myself without having to hide my thoughts and feelings, lest they be judged to be unacceptable by the "normies".

• Hugs
Reactions: mossyfox
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
100%. I'm the type of person who handles things better the more information I have. Through many horrific events in life, I haven't once been comforted or helped by people who pretend those events don't exist.

Some people truly have a personality where they feel better turning a blind eye and not knowing the reality of what's going on, but for me, and I think many of us who have been suicidal, we couldn't do that even if we wanted to. We already know the stark reality of deep, unrelenting suffering, and there is no undoing that knowledge.

That doesn't mean we want to mope around or languish in our despair as some would claim. It simply means we don't want to be forced to lie about what we know to be true; we're already living it, so the best thing we can do is face it and deal with it as it is. SS is a sanctuary from the endless stream of meaningless platitudes and empty slogans that tell people to view the world through rose-colored glasses.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RUPA, hankbank3928, LivvenDe and 4 others