sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Anyone else feel grossed out when they see how grown adults fawn over babies? My uncle recently had a kid with his second wife, they even had to resort to IVF for it. I went over to his house for a celebration and I saw my grandma gush over the kid and speak in a baby voice. She's literally in her 80's. This creeped and grossed me out. Am I the weird one here?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, ijustwishtodie, Homo erectus and 2 others
Enigma the orange

Enigma the orange

Death is the gateway to peace
Feb 23, 2024
Anyone else feel grossed out when they see how grown adults fawn over babies? My uncle recently had a kid with his second wife, they even had to resort to IVF for it. I went over to his house for a celebration and I saw my grandma gush over the kid and speak in a baby voice. She's literally in her 80's. This creeped and grossed me out. Am I the weird one here?
No because it doesn't bother me.

Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
No, not really. Some people dislike children but I just don't care for them or how others react to them.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
No, not really. Some people dislike children but I just don't care for them or how others react to them.
I just thought it was weird how other people reacted to children. Why do they fawn over them and talk to them in baby voices? I've never seen my grandma act like that so I guess I was creeped out

juneberry1234

juneberry1234

Dec 10, 2023
I just thought it was weird how other people react to children. Why do they fawn over them and talk to them in baby voices? I've never seen my grandma act like that so I guess I was creeped out?
Well I think its because babies can't understand us. They understand happiness, sadness, anger, and other emotions. "Baby voices" would be a charismatic way to talk to a baby which would make them happy. It might be weird to see someone who's never acted that way before but it's definitely not out of the ordinary.

• Informative
Reactions: ChoclateIsSweet, R_N and sserafim
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I see it as a good thing because they care for them and try to make them feel safe.

I don't dislike all impulses or habits if they aren't destructive. Hell I also make clown of myself to make sisters kids smile and have fun at times. It is fine if you find it weird tho, after all it is an impulse. I care for them and like to see them happy.

• Informative
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I personally don't mind it, just normal people giving love and attention to hopefully make the baby laugh or whatever.

At least they aren't abusing the kid. hopefully that love and attention doesn't turn into misery and suffering as they grow and the "cuteness" wears off

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and R_N
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
personally it makes me cringe, but i don't think it's that weird, people do it to pets too, ig it's just a reaction to cute or innocent things, but imo babies are gross

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
personally it makes me cringe, but i don't think it's that weird, people do it to pets too, ig it's just a reaction to cute or innocent things, but imo babies are gross
I find babies gross as well. I don't think that they're cute. I do find pets cute though, I guess I do the same thing to my pet. I just thought it was super weird for my grandma to fawn over the baby, and my mom even did it too. Personally, I didn't interact with the baby because I don't like kids. I just kind of like ignored it lol. Yeah, the right word I guess for it is cringe

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, NumbItAll and 4am
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Enigma the orange
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, kinda. Women gushing over babies is pretty common human behavior.
Well I'm not "normal" anyways so I don't really care about what most women do

Reactions: Rocinante, Homo erectus and dragonofenvy
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I don't particularly mind babies, sure they're irritating a lot of the time. I just never knew how to interact with them. So when I see other people doing their thing it just seems... foreign to me. I've never had much experience with socializing so that's probably why. I'd love to be able to be a good uncle and actually be able to fawn over my niece and make her laugh but I simply don't know how. So I just sit back and watch everyone else do it. It's good for the kid to be fawned over, but I guess not everyone is made for it.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I don't particularly mind babies, sure they're irritating a lot of the time. I just never knew how to interact with them. So when I see other people doing their thing it just seems... foreign to me. I've never had much experience with socializing so that's probably why. I'd love to be able to be a good uncle and actually be able to fawn over my niece and make her laugh but I simply don't know how. So I just sit back and watch everyone else do it. It's good for the kid to be fawned over, but I guess not everyone is made for it.
I don't know how to interact with babies either and tbh I don't want or have a desire to. I don't like children, I never wanted any and never will. It's not like I hate them, it's just that I don't care about them. I guess it would seem weirder in my case though because I'm a girl.

Yeah same, I was just sitting back and watching everyone else do it. That's mainly what I do in life itself, I just observe instead of participating in it. I feel more like an observer rather than a participant of life tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, Homo erectus, 4am and 1 other person
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
NRPowN9.png

Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I don't know why people speak differently and act stupidly to a baby. Do they want the baby to grow up like that? Also some people speak to their pets (dogs, etc.) in a foreign language, apparently thinking their pets would understand better that way.

Reactions: Tears in Rain and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I don't know why people speak differently and act stupidly to a baby. Do they want the baby to grow up like that? Also some people speak to their pets in a foreign language, apparently thinking their pets would understand better that way.
Yeah, I don't know either. Honestly I just don't understand people in general. Lol my mom and I speak to our dog in foreign languages, he knows 3 languages…my sister doesn't though. She only talks to him in English

Reactions: Rocinante and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Yeah, I don't know either. Honestly I just don't understand people in general. Lol my mom and I speak to our dog in foreign languages, he knows 3 languages…my sister doesn't though. She only talks to him in English
Some suggest that human could actually talk directly to animals, perhaps before the time of the tower of babel. Then it makes sense to try different languages with strangers and animals.

• Informative
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Nah, babies are easy to be around and I can't help but feel that urge to fawn over them. Might be because I'm old sadly. It's toddlers and older kids that I find myself freaked out by.

I'm not above feeling this way over cats or dogs either.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Nah, babies are easy to be around and I can't help but feel that urge to fawn over them. Might be because I'm old sadly. It's toddlers and older kids that I find myself freaked out by.

I'm not above feeling this way over cats or dogs either.
I'm freaked out by toddlers and older kids as well, honestly I'm freaked out by people in general. I fawn over cats and dogs though, I like animals

Reactions: Rocinante, Homo erectus, Dr Iron Arc and 1 other person
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
With you saying how you would like to be a cat often I thought you would own a cat.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
With you saying how you would like to be a cat often I thought you would own a cat.
I don't have a cat bc my mom's allergic and she doesn't like them :(

• Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante, Dr Iron Arc and R_N
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't have a cat bc my mom's allergic and she doesn't like them :(
I'm also allergic to cats but they're worth it. Whenever I interact with one I just make sure not to touch my eyes after.

Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim, R_N and 1 other person
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
I don't feel grossed out or anything like that but I just imagine how they are given love at first but as soon as they grow up they aren't raised correctly, aren't given enough love or resources to live, etc. If someone is going to have a child and love them and gush over them like that they should continue doing so after they aren't a baby anymore. The disparity between someone loving a baby and their child should not change as they grow up, but when I see people gushing over a baby I just imagine how long that'll last until they start being treated and loved slowly over time, maybe it's just because I've just seen (and experienced) lots of families who have a baby just for the baby phase and then not care about them when they become a little older.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, reclaimedbynature, Dr Iron Arc and 2 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I don't feel grossed out or anything like that but I just imagine how they are given love at first but as soon as they grow up they aren't raised correctly, aren't given enough love or resources to live, etc. If someone is going to have a child and love them and gush over them like that they should continue doing so after they aren't a baby anymore. The disparity between someone loving a baby and their child should not change as they grow up, but when I see people gushing over a baby I just imagine how long that'll last until they start being treated and loved slowly over time, maybe it's just because I've just seen (and experienced) lots of families who have a baby just for the baby phase and then not care about them when they become a little older.
I have often seen this to be true as well unfortunately.

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim and Final_Choice
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Babies look like aliens and they shit all the time at least puppies shit outside when trained . Everytime I see a baby I feel terrible for it cause it has a chance of suffering greatly in life.
I'm freaked out by toddlers and older kids as well, honestly I'm freaked out by people in general. I fawn over cats and dogs though, I like animals
I can't handle toddlers they are loud. I get excited over animals to

Reactions: 4am and sserafim