Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Where Stan got his profile Picture From or who the artist is? It's an Interesting art style and I can definitely relate to the pic. It's somewhat disturbing but i understand the emotion it's expressing or aiming at.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, Moonicide and TheDevilsAngel
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Thanks

Reactions: Sensei and TheDevilsAngel
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
We all miss Stan and appreciate the hard work he put into making that guide for all of us. His avatar always caught my eye as I didn't really see anyone else with it, really stood out to me.

screms into abyss

Reactions: Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
The Scream (Skrik) is Edvard Munch's by far most famous painting, but there are many others which are absolutely haunting. The one that speaks to me the most is Night in Saint-Cloud (Natt i Saint-Cloud).

Munch night in st cloud

• Love
Reactions: a.h, Élégie, BPD Barbie and 1 other person
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Yep, The Scream is one of the more unique pieces of art out there. It definitely drew me to his avatar here even.

There are a lot of others that are haunting, or even just different (like "The Persistence of Memory"--it's melting clocks).

Reactions: a.h and Sensei
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
The Scream (Skrik) is Edvard Munch's by far most famous painting, but there are many others which are absolutely haunting. The one that speaks to me the most is Night in Saint-Cloud (Natt i Saint-Cloud).

View attachment 23626

Did you know he wrote short poems to some of his paintings? I haven't found them translated in English online, but they are very beautiful.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Did you know he wrote short poems to some of his paintings? I haven't found them translated in English online, but they are very beautiful.

I did not. Do you perhaps have a link to a collection of some sort? (I'm Scandinavian.)

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I did not. Do you perhaps have a link to a collection of some sort? (I'm Scandinavian.)

(Jag med.)

Actually, I don't have a link. I attended once a lecture of expressionism and I read in a pamphlet some of them. I so wish I had kept that phamplet...

Spelling pamphlet seems to be quite the challenge. Hehe.

Last edited:
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
(Jag med.)

Actually, I don't have a link. I attended once a lecture of expressionism and I read in a pamphlet some of them. I so wish I had kept that phamplet...

Spelling pamphlet seems to be quite the challenge. Hehe.

They're probably available online somewhere. Thanks for making me aware of it.

Yes, English spelling isn't exactly consistent, to put it mildly. :P