actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
It is sensitive question to ask and you can answer in pm, If you wish to.

Well I need to ask; what would make It easier for you to accept the death?

Reactions: WorthlessTrash
Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
I'll be the first.

• Hugs
Reactions: Un-, Wunderkind and actual_fox
reverse03

reverse03

Departing. Goodbye
Sep 11, 2022
My father was found hanged. They said he didn't hang himself because the chair is standing perfectly beside him. And his tounge is still inside his mouth.
Before they found him hanged, he had a trouble with his boss and they had argument.
One of his coworker was found by my mom hiding and looking from far during the funeral. That coworker said he is afraid that's why he is hiding.
I want to believe he didn't hanged himself but the bigger part of me believe he did it himself.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: spixs_macaw, Wojaczek, Al_stargate and 3 others
savoytruffle

savoytruffle

Student
Mar 31, 2022
my mum's cousin and his son, within the same year, hanging

• Aww..
Reactions: actual_fox
R

Resinn66

Student
Sep 5, 2021
Me too, and that doesn't make things easy

• Hugs
Reactions: ineverlived and actual_fox
reverse03

reverse03

Departing. Goodbye
Sep 11, 2022
My father was found hanged. They said he didn't hang himself because the chair is standing perfectly beside him. And his tounge is still inside his mouth.
Before they found him hanged, he had a trouble with his boss and they had argument.
One of his coworker was found by my mom hiding and looking from far during the funeral. That coworker said he is afraid that's why he is hiding.
I want to believe he didn't hanged himself but the bigger part of me believe he did it himself.
How my mother coped with it? She didn't for the longest time. She was 6 months pregnant with me. She locked herself in a room with the coffin of my father for two days. She never accepted that my father did it himself and just blame his boss.
But if ever I ctb, I will be the first one that will do it without any questions.

• Hugs
Reactions: actual_fox
S

sadandhopeless1

Apr 4, 2022
No one in my family has successfully committed suicide, but many have threatened/dealt with those thoughts. As a teenager my brother was struggling with a lot of stuff. My parents found out he was gay and he was using drugs and things like that. He ran away from home and was threatening to kill himself if people came looking. I was only around 10 at the time but I distinctly remember it. My mom has repeatedly threatened to commit suicide when she goes off her meds. She is much more stable now and hasn't said that in years, but I guess it was a common occurrence when I was a kid. My dad regularly talks about how he'll kill himself if bad things happen, usually they revolve around if he gets as fat as his parents are (They are very obese). I don't think he really means it in the way my mom and brother did. I think its some weird ploy to try and get people to give him sympathy. I've wondered a lot recently if having all these experiences with people being suicidal when I was young partly contributed to me thinking about it so much. I had a few friends as well who also threatened and attempted a few times. Suicide never seemed that abnormal or crazy to me and I think that's part of the reason my mind has slipped into thinking about it all the time now that I am an adult.

• Hugs
Reactions: Un-, spixs_macaw, demuic and 2 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I had a cousin-by-marriage ctb successfully doing partial. Only one I know of.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
My uncle hanged himself. I envy him although I don't want to go by that method.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleBlackCat
LittleBlackCat

LittleBlackCat

Experienced
Feb 6, 2020
My uncle also hanged himself. Before I was born so I didn't get chance to meet him.

L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
Three that I know of. Two before I was born, one when I was a child. I never knew the latter (mother's cousin).

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I have known cases of CTB very close to me but from my own family.

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

-
Sep 28, 2022
My Sister Committed Suicide With A Drug Overdose.

She did it over her fiance dumped her for another woman.

• Aww..
Reactions: spixs_macaw, Superdeterminist, deathissosad and 1 other person
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
No, nobody killed himself that I know of in my personal life. I'll be the first in my large family, can't believe this shit. Never imagined it in a million years.

• Aww..
Reactions: WorthlessTrash, spixs_macaw, deathissosad and 1 other person
S

spixs_macaw

waiting for a miracle
Sep 28, 2022
Not in my family (I was the first trying and obviously failed) but my very best friend died by suicide in February this year. She found SS through The NY Times article published last year in December. I admire her for taking this final decision and even more that she succeeded. I miss her every day and have now decided to follow her.

• Aww..
Reactions: deathissosad
P

Personality Zero

Nov 17, 2022
A cousin drowned himself in a river. I didn't really know him. I do envy him though. I think I'm genetically predisposed to follow in his footsteps

• Hugs
Reactions: Un-
deathissosad

deathissosad

I will find you in the afterlife my Nanes. -boov šŸ˜¢
Nov 17, 2022
No, nobody killed himself that I know of in my personal life. I'll be the first in my large family, can't believe this shit. Never imagined it in a million years.
Love your profile pic btw bro! A'ho! šŸ§”šŸŖ¶

• Hugs
Reactions: Al_stargate
dramatizelist

dramatizelist

Jul 3, 2022
My step dad shot himself on a monday morning at about 5 am when I was about 15, there was very little indication ahead of time that this might happen, and no details left behind.

My huge guilt is that I was asked to go to the range that weekend, but was too meek to ask my Dad for permission, so said I didn't get permission. I know that this is one "incident" in a vast web of circumstances that lead to a suicide, but still, I wasn't even able to go to a funeral and didn't receive mental health help so I've clung onto it.

To "Accept it Better" would probably require more information to be revealed, but it's possible he felt a need to keep it all suppressed, or I'm not being told everything. I think the primary tragedy with a lot of these things is that people are afraid to express their suffering to others for fear of maltreatment which results in being pushed towards other solutions.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
No not that i know of. But i'll be the first. However, I sometimes worry it will cause a domino effect resulting in other members of my family CTBing as well. This really sucks.

B

Banshee

Student
Oct 25, 2021
I'll be the first and last because I'll be the one to end my blood line.

J

Johan

Oct 24, 2020
My little sister took her life when she was 27. It ruined and change me. I have problems coping with all my emotions since this happened about 12 years ago. The changes in me is part of why my life really is going to hell, why I'm a single father now, and why I'm such a bad father and co-worker.
Nothing she could have done to make it easier. It's our choice, but people will be affected in ways we don't wan't, no matter what.
I don't blame my sister, I want to follow her even though I have children, but I will never be the same again nor will I be able to coupe with theese feelings.