F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I got it when I was 24 from some guy, and for a long time it really destroyed my life. The doctors I went to didn't even bother to put me on suppressive meds and just said it's not something I need. Jesus way to up the risk of transferring it to someone else since we have this sick care system. It's like they purposely weren't giving me meds so I'll transfer it to other people or basically make it so now it's way harder to date if u have no control over outbreaks. When I would have an outbreak it lasted awhile which made it inconvenient and it destroyed my confidence and felt like my sex life and dating life was pretty much over. I finally demanded to be given meds after I met a girl who also had it and she let me have some of her valtrex. The doctors I shit u not we're telling me to just deal with it and live like this telling me meds don't really work. I discovered the meds and I could finally have a life again. I lived like this for years without the meds having full on breakouts every other month or so. It was a nightmare.

• Wow
Reactions: mattwitt
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Was molested by my brother when I was 4. I had it my entire life.

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Sensei, OreoWellington, Squiddy and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Da
Was molested by my brother when I was 4. I had it my entire life.
Damn u didn't even get a choice, it was forced on u :(" that's really brutal I'm sorry u went through this. I was sexually abused as well at age 10 by one of my mother's partners. It was terrifying and I saw the world as a place I cannot trust any adults. There were no trusted adults in my life though in those years.

Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Da

Damn u didn't even get a choice, it was forced on u :(" that's really brutal I'm sorry u went through this. I was sexually abused as well at age 10 by one of my mother's partners. It was terrifying and I saw the world as a place I cannot trust any adults. There were no trusted adults in my life though in those years.
So I know what it's like. I also know what it is like to hide it. I agree with the trust issues.

• Aww..
Reactions: Squiddy
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Genital herpes is a common sexually transmitted infection and Valtrex is among top 200 most prescribed drugs. It's not even expensive so not sure why the doctors would not give it to you. Doctors have been prescribing it since 1995. You got herpes 24 years ago, so it was released 6 years before you contracted it. Maybe the doctors you met were not that informed? Maybe what they meant is that there is no cure, which is true, it cannot be cured and there is no vaccine either. However, it must be given to anyone who has herpes, it prevents the spread/outbreak. It gets better with time though. Sorry to hear you had to go through all this.

Reactions: protonic76 and Final Escape
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Genital herpes is a common sexually transmitted infection and Valtrex is among top 200 most prescribed drugs. It's not even expensive so not sure why the doctors would not give it to you. Doctors have been prescribing it since 1995. You got herpes 24 years ago, so it was released 6 years before you contracted it. Maybe the doctors you met were not that informed? Maybe what they meant is that there is no cure, which is true, it cannot be cured and there is no vaccine either. However, it must be given to anyone who has herpes, it prevents the spread/outbreak. It gets better with time though. Sorry to hear you had to go through all this.
Acyclovir is cheaper where I am and does the same thing.

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I prefer the 200 mg acyclovir capsules. U might need to take like 5 daily while u are about to breakout but they kick it pretty fast so u don't actually breakout. With the insurance I'm on they gave me these 800mg ones not sure what they are but they don't work as well and I run out sooner. They used to give me a giant bottle of the acyclovir but out here they are reluctant so I might try to find online.

Reactions: Jean4
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I prefer the 200 mg acyclovir capsules. U might need to take like 5 daily while u are about to breakout but they kick it pretty fast so u don't actually breakout. With the insurance I'm on they gave me these 800mg ones not sure what they are but they don't work as well and I run out sooner. They used to give me a giant bottle of the acyclovir but out here they are reluctant so I might try to find online.
If this helps, I had major breakouts as a young adult. I'm 51. Haven't had outbreaks for a while.

ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Acyclovir is cheaper where I am and does the same thing.
Valtrex has valaciclovir which converts to aciclovir in the body. However, valaciclovir is better because it is absorbed by the body better (55% vs 15-20%). It costs under $5 per month I believe so it is cheap.

Reactions: protonic76
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I think I was going to psychopathic doctors or something. It blows me away that they were telling me I don't need the med. I believe maybe they formed some judgement about me and did it on purpose. It's possible that doctors can look at your history and me having had undiagnosed untreated borderline, they probably saw my health record assuming they're gonna teach me a lesson by making it so I suffer worse than I already was. I lived in a smallish town when I was in my 20's so I was going to the same few doctors for minor shit, and they probably just assumed things about me because I was always coming in with some typically minor health issue. I was very honest about my history with them and sometimes my naive honesty to the wrong people thinking u can trust doctors but u really can't. U have to be careful what u disclose even with doctors. I caught the virus in Colorado before moving back to Dakota in my 20's.

Last edited: