nonliv

nonliv

Aug 30, 2024
Been depressed as of late. Really hard to get out of bed, much less prepare food. Even if I do eat, I feel sick whilst doing it. Do you guys have any suggestions or tips? Maybe people that relate?

• Hugs
Reactions: consider, Praestat_Mori, sugarb and 1 other person
K

kkamasal

Low intelligence . Bad English
Sep 1, 2024
After making porridge or rice in bulk measure a certain amount with a scale and share them If you maintain your weight increase the amount and
boil eggs in bulk Wash cabbage eat them cut off all irritating things that may hurt your stomach

Reactions: nonliv
mrpeter

mrpeter

Experienced
Jun 11, 2024
track your calories eat at a small surplus
go on a walk after eating food so your body can process the food better
eat more meals but make your meals smaller
eat food you enjoy eating don't force yourself to eat someone you don't like

Reactions: nonliv, sugarb and ladylazarus4
ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
adding calories to small meals (butter, cream, etc) or if you're lactose intolerant/vegan then eating small portions of nuts throughout the day. Drinking a warm/hot drink after meals. Liquids like smoothies or broths are usually easier for me when I don't have an appetite.

A

ashtoreth

lost
Mar 29, 2024
don't force yourself to eat someone you don't like
šŸ˜± what did I just read

OP, what exactly do you eat?
Try to avoid fatty and overly sweet or spicy foods. Heavy food can be bad for nausea.
Like the cannibal above me said, try smaller meals.
Sometimes warm is tolerated better than hot.

What do you drink? There are teas that can help with digestion, for example.

Preparing food, yes, that's challenging. You could try with soups or casseroles that can provide enough for several meals. Better not stuff yourself with cheap fast food though, greasy is not good for nausea, as said above, and processed food has been associated with inflammation and altered gut bacteria, both of which have been linked with depression in studies aswell.

mrpeter

mrpeter

Experienced
Jun 11, 2024
šŸ˜± what did I just read

OP, what exactly do you eat?
Try to avoid fatty and overly sweet or spicy foods. Heavy food can be bad for nausea.
Like the cannibal above me said, try smaller meals.
Sometimes warm is tolerated better than hot.

What do you drink? There are teas that can help with digestion, for example.

Preparing food, yes, that's challenging. You could try with soups or casseroles that can provide enough for several meals. Better not stuff yourself with cheap fast food though, greasy is not good for nausea, as said above, and processed food has been associated with inflammation and altered gut bacteria, both of which have been linked with depression in studies aswell.
What? Whats wrong with eating humans, people eat animals all the time but suddenly draw the line with humans.

Also I'm not sure if op has stomach problems or simply doesn't have the motivation to eat, if it that's the case I think its ok to eat fatty foods since it will help them gain weight faster.
A good way to add extra calories is to add oil to your food.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Eating gut-healthy food could improve that, but it could also be a medicinal, sleep or stress-related issue.

Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
Eating/drinking calorie dense food helps. Some common options would be peanut butter, olive oil, nuts, whole milk, avocados, full fat yogurt, cheese, granola, chia seeds, etc. You can easily make a 1000 cal smoothie by dumping those things into a blender with syrup or honey to sweeten it up and veggies to boost the nutrition. If money is not a concern, consider investing in nutritional shakes like Ensure and Boost. Check out the subreddit r/gainit if you haven't. They have many good advice on how to gain weight in a healthy way.

mrpeter

mrpeter

Experienced
Jun 11, 2024
Eating/drinking calorie dense food helps. Some common options would be peanut butter, olive oil, nuts, whole milk, avocados, full fat yogurt, cheese, granola, chia seeds, etc. You can easily make a 1000 cal smoothie by dumping those things into a blender with syrup or honey to sweeten it up and veggies to boost the nutrition. If money is not a concern, consider investing in nutritional shakes like Ensure and Boost. Check out the subreddit r/gainit if you haven't. They have many good advice on how to gain weight in a healthy way.
have you ever eaten a 1000 calorie shake? that shit makes you super full and can give you nausea its better for losing weight not gaining weight since you will be so full you might not even want to eat the rest of the day

Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
have you ever eaten a 1000 calorie shake? that shit makes you super full and can give you nausea its better for losing weight not gaining weight since you will be so full you might not even want to eat the rest of the day
Don't drink it at once. Just take sips throughout the day.

A

ashtoreth

lost
Mar 29, 2024
Also I'm not sure if op has stomach problems or simply doesn't have the motivation to eat, if it that's the case I think its ok to eat fatty foods since it will help them gain weight faster.
Aware of that and found it likely myself. But if you keep eating food when it makes you nauseous it can backfire. Anticipatory nausea at worst and then you probably gained nothing, because eating becomes harder. Personally I'd prefer to not get nausea from eating and then slowly work my way up to calorie richer foods. OP will know or find out what works for them.

What? Whats wrong with eating humans, people eat animals all the time but suddenly draw the line with humans.
It was a joke, and the term you're looking for is probably cognitive dissonance and related to the meat paradox.

nonliv

nonliv

Aug 30, 2024

I love how this post has turned into a discussion of cannibalism šŸ˜­
Eating gut-healthy food could improve that, but it could also be a medicinal, sleep or stress-related issue.
Probably. Having insomnia really doesn't help with wanting too eat

mrpeter

mrpeter

Experienced
Jun 11, 2024
Aware of that and found it likely myself. But if you keep eating food when it makes you nauseous it can backfire. Anticipatory nausea at worst and then you probably gained nothing, because eating becomes harder. Personally I'd prefer to not get nausea from eating and then slowly work my way up to calorie richer foods. OP will know or find out what works for them.

It was a joke, and the term you're looking for is probably cognitive dissonance and related to the meat paradox.
I think we should farm humans the population is overpopulated as it is

amnesia999

amnesia999

Lie, lie, lie - Life is a lie
Jun 30, 2024
eat food you enjoy eating don't force yourself to eat someone you don't like
These two cannibals were eating dinner together when one asked the other, "So, how did you find your mother-in-law?"

The other one said, "I just moved the potato over, and there she was!"

Seriously, you might see a doctor about stomach problems. Someone I know has GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), which causes heartburn, and has to take a drug called Dexilant every day in order to not have chronic stomach pain.

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
Been depressed as of late. Really hard to get out of bed, much less prepare food. Even if I do eat, I feel sick whilst doing it. Do you guys have any suggestions or tips? Maybe people that relate?
High-calorie foods can help. Weight gain is when you eat more calories than your body uses. Weight loss is when you eat less calories than your body uses.

Reactions: Old
Old

Old

Student
Apr 25, 2024
Drink whole milk (without lactose). Milk has a lot of fat so you'll gain weight quickly. Downside, it has cholesterol, but idk if that would actually affect your health. You can also add peanut butter to a shake or olive oil to whatever food you eat. Bread is also very high in calories if your belly tolerates it. Good luck.