• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
By solipsist - I mean "someone who genuinely thinks they are the only conscious being in existence. Other people are not real, but an illusion".

I actually do sometimes wonder if this is possible. Maybe none of you on this website actually exist.

But I think it's very dangerous to be a solipsist, because if I'm wrong, I could cause so much harm to other living, feeling beings. So I will live as if it is not true.

And I don't actually believe it. I get taught things from other people that I didn't seem to know before, who seem much, much cleverer than me, and find it very hard to believe my mind is so powerful it's created such a huge illusion.

I'm just curious if anyone does, or has ever believed it.

• Yay!
Reactions: Little_Suzy
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Based on the description, it may be a subset of Cluster B. lol

nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
I used to be a solipsist when I was going through a lot of abuse in my younger days. It ended up being a sort of coping mechanism for all the awful shit I was going though. I talked to my dad about it and he looked me dead in the eye and told me "you're dissociating a lot. it's ok." idk why or how, but I couldn't fathom the fact that my dad wasn't a real person. I've been snapped out of that mindset since then.
It is true that it is a dangerous mentality to have, but I had no reason to fight back.
Now, knowing what I do now, it makes more sense to be homicidal. "If these people are alive and have emotions, how could they do such awful things?" Versus "I've been done wrong, but they're not real so it doesn't matter anyways"

Pick your poison, I guess.