• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

calssilva

calssilva

Student
Dec 16, 2020
I'm really anxious because my diagnostic changed from bpd to ocpd....anyone with ocpd (obsessive-compulsive personality disorder) ? I feel the ctb desire increasing

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink, Ame, Passersby and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Oh, sorry to hear this.
For the time being, I'm only suffering from bipolar disorder but damn, this is enough, I don't want to deal with anything else lol.

Reactions: calssilva
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Hi, I've been really anxious my whole life too. I would definitely tend to think I have some form of ocpd but I've never been officially diagnosed with it. The multiple psychologists I have seen just love to try to reduce my suffering to anxiety then talk about taking this or that. A lot of them wouldn't even know about Anhedonia and things like that. This guy told me one time that things happen in life, and we'll "just lay around and suffer then." I stopped seeing them a couple yrs ago since my main concerns aren't fixable. I decided to move towards CTB.

I have always obsessed on things though and liked to do a good job of whatever, overdoing it, meticulously. It reminds me of a certain cat who watched a mouse go underneath the sink and just sat there obsessing on it all night without moving away.

How do you feel about ocpd?

Are you able to deal with it?

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert
calssilva

calssilva

Student
Dec 16, 2020
Hi, I've been really anxious my whole life too. I would definitely tend to think I have some form of ocpd but I've never been officially diagnosed with it. The multiple psychologists I have seen just love to try to reduce my suffering to anxiety then talk about taking this or that. A lot of them wouldn't even know about Anhedonia and things like that. This guy told me one time that things happen in life, and we'll "just lay around and suffer then." I stopped seeing them a couple yrs ago since my main concerns aren't fixable. I decided to move towards CTB.

I have always obsessed on things though and liked to do a good job of whatever, overdoing it, meticulously. It reminds me of a certain cat who watched a mouse go underneath the sink and just sat there obsessing on it all night without moving away.

How do you feel about ocpd?

Are you able to deal with it?
I feel upset and angry because it took so many years to get this feedback

I am not able to deal with anything...I am really tired about all this shit, so I just think about ctb and how it would be nice put an end to my suffering

My Therapist said that the best treatment for me is the DBT RO (radically open dialectical behavior therapy, have u heard about it ?

• Wow
expiredhuman

expiredhuman

Feb 24, 2019
I thankfully don't have OCPD but I do have another cluster C (anxious) personality disorder which certainly sucks.

I've heard of DBT RO, although I don't know how effective it is.

Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
I feel upset and angry because it took so many years to get this feedback

I am not able to deal with anything...I am really tired about all this shit, so I just think about ctb and how it would be nice put an end to my suffering

My Therapist said that the best treatment for me is the DBT RO (radically open dialectical behavior therapy, have u heard about it ?
Hi Calssilva,
Yes I've heard of it but never pursued it. Im not doing anything about it right now. I'm not able to deal with any of this stuff anymore. I'm exhausted and need to die.

Ame

Ame

あめ
Nov 1, 2019
Hello @calssilva, your situation is very similar to my own. I was once given a BPD diagnosis by a psychiatrist who seemed all to eager to dole them out to patients in her ward. Some years later, I was referred to a psychiatrist who is one of my country's leading authorities on personality disorders for a formal assessment so that I could receive treatments at his clinic. After his evaluation, he determined that I didn't meet the criteria for BPD and that my results pointed toward a diagnosis for OCPD.

There was some relief at first, because this disorder appeared to make up the base for all of my other conditions (ex: my depression, my anxiety, my crippling perfectionism and anorexia nervosa). It was believed that if I could address the core issue, then I would be better equipped to live life and my other conditions would be more likely to remit.

OCPD is tricky in that the obsessions are considered egosyntonic rather than egodystonic (as is the case with OCD). People with this condition are less likely to see it as a problem and will only seek help once it starts to negatively impact their lives. Even then, treatment can be seen as a means to an end in which we can meet our high expectations rather than something that is meant to bring us relief and change our perspective.

I can understand how this condition can make you feel like dying and I really do hope that you can go into treatment with an open mind (because to make the most of it, you will have to challenge things that you have held dear for so much of your life). The clinic did end up helping me and I hope that you can benefit from yours. Even if you never become well, it is well within your means to become better.

Reactions: bebebeep, miserableforever, AQUA and 3 others
calssilva

calssilva

Student
Dec 16, 2020
Hello @calssilva, your situation is very similar to my own. I was once given a BPD diagnosis by a psychiatrist who seemed all to eager to dole them out to patients in her ward. Some years later, I was referred to a psychiatrist who is one of my country's leading authorities on personality disorders for a formal assessment so that I could receive treatments at his clinic. After his evaluation, he determined that I didn't meet the criteria for BPD and that my results pointed toward a diagnosis for OCPD.

There was some relief at first, because this disorder appeared to make up the base for all of my other conditions (ex: my depression, my anxiety, my crippling perfectionism and anorexia nervosa). It was believed that if I could address the core issue, then I would be better equipped to live life and my other conditions would be more likely to remit.

OCPD is tricky in that the obsessions are considered egosyntonic rather than egodystonic (as is the case with OCD). People with this condition are less likely to see it as a problem and will only seek help once it starts to negatively impact their lives. Even then, treatment can be seen as a means to an end in which we can meet our high expectations rather than something that is meant to bring us relief and change our perspective.

I can understand how this condition can make you feel like dying and I really do hope that you can go into treatment with an open mind (because to make the most of it, you will have to challenge things that you have held dear for so much of your life). The clinic did end up helping me and I hope that you can benefit from yours. Even if you never become well, it is well within your means to become better.
thanks for your description, it is very close to what I've faced during all this time of hopeless and depression....what is the treatment that best worked for u ? because i've tried cbt and didn't worked for me....maybe the RO DBT, but, to be honest, I really don't know

Dukkha

Dukkha

Sep 14, 2023
I'm under the impression that because of OCPD one may feel suicidal (eg. not accepting lack of control over our lives; depression), but perfectionism might be impeding suicide (eg. fear of failure; unattainable criteria).