• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

G

Groovy123

Aug 13, 2019
Would anyone know how much synthroid needs to be taken to OD/ have cardiac arrest?

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Have you not googled it?

Reactions: FinallyTime
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
No, you are absolutely welcome for trying to help

G

Groovy123

Aug 13, 2019
If you read it, the husband intervened.

Do not be afraid of google!
Not being unappreciative or anything, but I try to google and look up things before posting. I don't want a failed attempt. The reason why I asked for a nurses advice because they would be able to tell me the dosage/ amount if possible.
Not being unappreciative or anything, but I try to google and look up things before posting. I don't want a failed attempt. The reason why I asked for a nurses advice because they would be able to tell me the dosage/ amount if possible.
I also don't have the gland if that helps so, a little more complicated.
A lot of people on the thread. Any advice?

Last edited:
Reactions: pole
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
It's not something that you know from being a nurse... you just don't. I doubt even a pharmacist could tell you; we're just not trained to think that way. Something like Synthroid is particularly difficult, because there's so little anecdotal information available.

There was a physician from Brazil on here that I was chatting with the other nite, and we were both trying to postulate lethal dosing for opiates + benzos. Again, we can speculate, we can guesstimate, but unless it's just such a massive dose there's no question, it really is hard to say.

You could try googling "LD 50 Synthroid," (or Levothyroxine) and see if you get any hits. LD 50 is a horrible lab test where dogs and/or rabbits are force fed a drug until 50% of them die; LD = Lethal Dose. From the mg per kg dosing you could probably extrapolate lethal dosage, if such a test is online.

But, as we discussed, I'm concerned this is not a peaceful method, and the time the drug peaks and takes effect seems very unpredictable.

Last edited:
G

Groovy123

Aug 13, 2019
It's not something that you know from being a nurse... you just don't. I doubt even a pharmacist could tell you; we're just not trained to think that way. Something like Synthroid is particularly difficult, because there's so little anecdotal information available.

There was a physician from Brazil on here that I was chatting with the other nite, and we were both trying to postulate lethal dosing for opiates + benzos. Again, we can speculate, we can guesstimate, but unless it's just such a massive dose there's no question, it really is hard to say.

You could try googling "LD 50 Synthroid," (or Levothyroxine) and see if you get any hits. LD 50 is a horrible lab test where dogs and/or rabbits are force fed a drug until 50% of them die; LD = Lethal Dose. From the mg per kg dosing you could probably extrapolate lethal dosage, if such a test is online.

But, as we discussed, I'm concerned this is not a peaceful method, and the time the drug speaks and takes effect seems very unpredictable.

Thank you, I appreciate the genuine answer. It's nice to have someone tell you they don't know rather than random suggestions.

Reactions: pole and gingerplum
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Well when you come out with random requests for information such as how do I give myself a thyroid storm? Can you die from binge drinking? You are somewhat straying into some fringe areas of expertise. A majority of folk here concentrate on the PPH and how to do it properly. So from the two questions you posed to the forum so far you are either:

1. Trying to make it look natural to avoid any stigma for you or your family.
2. Using the utensils you have close to hand because of limited options (somewhat worries me as that is what someone too young would do)
3. Not really taking it seriously and just want 5 minutes of fame.

and my last point will be, if you are actually asking for medical advice on a forum like this and get (for example) six responses, how sure are you that they are all clinicians and not trolling you. Would I go onto an anonymous finance forum and say "hey, got a million bucks here, where do I invest?". If you are serious about a method then you are going about it in the wrong way. Apart from being born which was not in you purview, this is the biggest decision in your life. Take control and own it!

Reactions: woxihuanni
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Yes. I mean, almost everyone in this community are truly warm, gracious, and caring people; many of them are incredibly bright, but... you're really rolling the dice as far as clinical expertise goes.

Sometimes I can offer insight or an explanation based on my education and experience, but there's an awful lot of gray areas here.

Reactions: woxihuanni, Bluedew, Groovy123 and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I had my thyroid removed and have been on synthroid for years, and I've never managed to get a satisfactory answer to this question. I've asked doctors and pharmacists in the past out of concern for my relatively high dose, and they had nothing. It's extra complicated because a lot depends on the person... weight, metabolism, how well they absorb and convert the drug, etc. Some people don't process it well to begin with, making it a little unpredictable.

All I know is it must be a lot (found no death reports, but several survivals where people took around 100 pills = more than 3mg), and too much of the hormones could cause what they call a thyroid storm, which is deadly but seems like an incredibly awful way to die. (I don't know if you can get the condition due to a synthroid overdose without a thyroid, but the side effects are basically the same. )

I was forced to completely remove my thyroid because my endo team was afraid I would suffer a thyroid storm during an unrelated surgery, and that's pretty drastic measures to avoid something. As desperate as I've ever been, I've been close enough to that sort of problem to never consider it as a method. Just the hyperthyroid effects I've experienced were very unpleasant.

Bonus info: I've also looked into dying by just stopping synthroid completely, and have gone a few months without taking mine just to see what happens, and that also seems quite difficult. It apparently takes forever and the condition that will cause is equally awful.

Reactions: Stan and gingerplum
G

Groovy123

Aug 13, 2019
Well when you come out with random requests for information such as how do I give myself a thyroid storm? Can you die from binge drinking? You are somewhat straying into some fringe areas of expertise. A majority of folk here concentrate on the PPH and how to do it properly. So from the two questions you posed to the forum so far you are either:

1. Trying to make it look natural to avoid any stigma for you or your family.
2. Using the utensils you have close to hand because of limited options (somewhat worries me as that is what someone too young would do)
3. Not really taking it seriously and just want 5 minutes of fame.

and my last point will be, if you are actually asking for medical advice on a forum like this and get (for example) six responses, how sure are you that they are all clinicians and not trolling you. Would I go onto an anonymous finance forum and say "hey, got a million bucks here, where do I invest?". If you are serious about a method then you are going about it in the wrong way. Apart from being born which was not in you purview, this is the biggest decision in your life. Take control and own it!
I had my thyroid removed and have been on synthroid for years, and I've never managed to get a satisfactory answer to this question. I've asked doctors and pharmacists in the past out of concern for my relatively high dose, and they had nothing. It's extra complicated because a lot depends on the person... weight, metabolism, how well they absorb and convert the drug, etc. Some people don't process it well to begin with, making it a little unpredictable.

All I know is it must be a lot (found no death reports, but several survivals where people took around 100 pills = more than 3mg), and too much of the hormones could cause what they call a thyroid storm, which is deadly but seems like an incredibly awful way to die. (I don't know if you can get the condition due to a synthroid overdose without a thyroid, but the side effects are basically the same. )

I was forced to completely remove my thyroid because my endo team was afraid I would suffer a thyroid storm during an unrelated surgery, and that's pretty drastic measures to avoid something. As desperate as I've ever been, I've been close enough to that sort of problem to never consider it as a method. Just the hyperthyroid effects I've experienced were very unpleasant.

Bonus info: I've also looked into dying by just stopping synthroid completely, and have gone a few months without taking mine just to see what happens, and that also seems quite difficult. It apparently takes forever and the condition that will cause is equally awful.

Thank Stan, the reason why I'm on here is because I'm only using the resources I have access to. I'm in a lot of pain and just trying to stop it for once. The peaceful hand book is useful but where I'm at all those resources are impossible to get. There for I'm trying to use the resources I have access to & I'm trying to make sure they work. Not just something that would put me back into a phych ward. I don't want attention.
I was just trying to get some out of the box thinkers here. There are people who really know what they are talking about. Others, not so much but their efforts help.

Last edited:
Reactions: gingerplum
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'm going to offer an unsolicited suggestion and advice here, and I really hope you don't get offended. So please feel free to just ignore this.

Have you had your thyroid levels checked recently? Like a full workup? Because (I'm sure you already know) if those hormones are off, it makes depression worse and causes all sorts of pain. I just thought I should mention it, because I suffer from it too and can tell you're struggling a lot. I'd hate for something like that to go overlooked, if it could possibly help you in any way.

Last edited:
G

Groovy123

Aug 13, 2019
I don't expect anyone to have the answers to my questions. I just like hearing other theories. Of course there will be gray areas every case is different. Some are just smarter than me. And if someone can say "that's stupid not gonna work" it ends up working out even more. There's no actual way to peacefully exit.
I'm going to offer an unsolicited suggestion and advice here, and I really hope you don't get offended. So please feel free to just ignore this.

Have you had your thyroid levels checked recently? Like a full workup? Because (I'm sure you already know) if those hormones are off, it makes depression worse and causes all sorts of pain. I just thought I should mention it, because I suffer from it too and can tell you're struggling a lot. I'd hate for something like that to go overlooked, if it could possibly help you in any way.
I have, everything looks good. I don't want to go too into my medical condition but there's nothing I can do to solve it.