• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Apr 5, 2024
There's no person I admire more than George Carlin, it might sound strange to idolize a comedian but he showed us so many truths others were too afraid to say out loud.

Wanted to know if there are any other fans of this legend on the forum, he really shares the same view of the world as many of us.

Here's a snippet from his book "Napalm and silly putty" that really sums up why I watch the news, pure entertainment.

The News Turns Me On

What I like about that is that it makes the news on television more exciting. I watch the news for only one thing: entertainment. That's all I want. You know my favorite thing on television? Bad news. Accidents, disasters, catastrophes, explosions, fires. I wanna see shit being destroyed and bodies flyin' around.

I'm not interested in the budget, I don't care about tax negotiations, I don't wanna know what country the pope is in. But show me a burning hospital with people on crutches jumpin' off the roof, and I'm a happy guy. I wanna see a paint factory blowin' up, an oil refinery explode, and a tornado hit a church on Sunday. I wanna be told there's a guy runnin' through the Kmart shooting at customers with an automatic weapon. I wanna see thousands of people in the street killing policemen; hear about a nuclear meltdown in a big city; find out the stock market dropped 4,000 points in one day. I wanna see people under pressure!

Sirens, flames, smokes, bodies, graves being filled, parents weeping. My kinda TV! Exciting shit. I just want some entertainment! That's the kind of guy I am. You know what I like most? Big chunks of steel, concrete and fiery wood falling out of the sky, and people running around trying to get out of the way. Exciting shit!

Fuck Pakistan!

At least I admit it. Most people won't admit those feelings. Most people see somethin' like that, they say, "Ohhhh, isn't that awful?" Bullshit! Lyin' asshole! You love it and you know it. Explosions are fun. And the closer the explosion is to your house, the more fun it is. Have you ever noticed that?

Sometimes an announcer comes on television and says, "Six thousand people were killed in an explosion today." You say, "Where, where?" He says, "In Pakistan." You say, "Aww, fuck Pakistan. Too far away to be fun." But if he says it happened in your hometown, you say, "Whooa, hot shit, Dave! C'mon! Let's go down and look at the bodies!"

I love bad news. Doesn't bother me. The more bad news there is, the faster this system collapses. I'm glad the water sucks. You know what I do about it? I drink it! I fuckin' drink it!

• Love
Reactions: Hollowman, Sprite_Geist and Saturn_
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I'm not a fan.
I've only watched a few of his stand-ups.
I liked them because I like dark humor.
He is a completely neutral person for me.
I probably differ from him quite a lot in terms of worldview, but I only judge his sense of humor.

Reactions: AbusedInnocent
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
I haven't listened to a ton of his work, but a fair bit of it... I don't exactly think he's "funny" most of the time but I still deeply admire his comedy, how articulate he is, his attention to detail and his insight. I enjoy his earlier, more lighthearted, goofier shows, and the more scathing, critical standups he did later in life. My dad's also a huge fan. Told me about how he was all the rage among the kids of his day, and how they'd all line up to buy CDs for his standups the day they came out. Cool guy. I agree with him on a lot of things, and I can definitely tell that his commentary is still extremely influential today. He had such a way with language, and his words had all the sharpness of a knife. Very quote-able, very memorable.

Last edited:
Reactions: AbusedInnocent
pollux

pollux

Knight of Infinite Resignation
May 24, 2024
Not really, the only American comic I'm familiar with is Louis CK

But I really like his "Modern Man" bit, though that was really cool