Nephis

Nephis

“Death should take me while I am in the mood.”
Sep 3, 2018
Just had to present in class i tried to be positive and think my hard work would carry me through instead I failed miserably my anxiety kicked in when I had to start answering questions and then all of a sudden I started saying things that didnt make any sense and then I couldn't think at all and I just couldn't respond at all and as a result I was laughed at I feel absolutely terrible it doesn't help either that some of my impulses kicked in during the presentation sorry if it just sounds like I'm just bantering on about my everyday life I just seriously can't take it much more of this sort of thing this is just one of many reasons I don't want to be in this world anymore for those who know what I mean right now just lost a lot of reputation the people around me. I'm just try to forget but my memory won't let me

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: SuicidalDream, BobbyPellitt, mynameispaige and 8 others
I

inthespines

December wind has come my way
Sep 30, 2019
I recognize that feeling. My knees would usually start shaking like hell when I was the center of attention like that. I was stuttering. Talking too fast just to be over with it. Blushing like a tomato. Getting dizzy.

You went through with your presentation though, even though you suffer from anxiety. That's admirable.

I know it's easier said than done but you should not feel like a failure, you should not feel shame, because what you did took strength.

• Love
Reactions: Notcutoutforlife and Nephis
BangBangBang

BangBangBang

INFP
Nov 16, 2018
I'm so sorry... the only thing I can tell you is that I understand. I've been living with anxiety since I was 7 years old and thru out these years I experienced many embarrassing situations because of it.
I hate how this mental parasite is able to block you even to a point where you don't remember your name anymore :hmph:

Just know that I'm proud of you, it requires strenght to do something every cell of your body tells you not to. Don't worry others will forget about your mistake really soon, I bet most of them didn't even think about it twice. People are too busy worrying about their own mistakes. People dont care as much as you think they do.

• Love
Reactions: WhyWasIBorn and Nephis
Nephis

Nephis

Sep 3, 2018
I recognize that feeling. My knees would usually start shaking like hell when I was the center of attention like that. I was stuttering. Talking too fast just to be over with it. Blushing like a tomato. Getting dizzy.

You went through with your presentation though, even though you suffer from anxiety. That's admirable.

I know it's easier said than done but you should not feel like a failure, you should not feel shame, because what you did took strength.
Actually the only reason I got through it is because my professor tried to help me move on from my current topic to another because he wanted to get more time in for other people although facts were that he also chewed me up with questions that didn't help either I have an issue with my emotions I don't ever feel the full effect of them at all until I feel like I've done something that could make me a target of bullying ect... It's primarily trauma from my middle school years but I'm not used to dealing with my emotions that much either usually I barely feel them so when something like this happens I feel the full brunt of them. Sorry also I'm not in the right state of mind I just needed to vent some of my emotions

Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
Just had to present in class i tried to be positive and think my hard work would carry me through instead I failed miserably my anxiety kicked in when I had to start answering questions and then all of a sudden I started saying things that didnt make any sense and then I couldn't think at all and I just couldn't respond at all and as a result I was laughed at I feel absolutely terrible it doesn't help either that some of my impulses kicked in during the presentation sorry if it just sounds like I'm just bantering on about my everyday life I just seriously can't take it much more of this sort of thing this is just one of many reasons I don't want to be in this world anymore for those who know what I mean right now just lost a lot of reputation the people around me. I'm just try to forget but my memory won't let me

I'm sorry you went through that. I don't have anxiety, but I've made some horribly embarrassing decisions while manic that haunt me. Nothing like having to play the professional at work while you think God is talking in your head. I know I made the wrong impression frequently. I hope you at least get an ok grade. Try some deep breaths and just be in the moment. Easier said than done, I know. Hugs to you!

• Love
Reactions: Nephis
Nephis

Nephis

Sep 3, 2018
I'm sorry you went through that. I don't have anxiety, but I've made some horribly embarrassing decisions while manic that haunt me. Nothing like having to play the professional at work while you think God is talking in your head. I know I made the wrong impression frequently. I hope you at least get an ok grade. Try some deep breaths and just be in the moment. Easier said than done, I know. Hugs to you!
Thank you

• Love
Reactions: Boochky
I

inthespines

Sep 30, 2019
Actually the only reason I got through it is because my professor tried to help me move on from my current topic to another because he wanted to get more time in for other people although facts were that he also chewed me up with questions that didn't help either I have an issue with my emotions I don't ever feel the full effect of them at all until I feel like I've done something that could make me a target of bullying ect... It's primarily trauma from my middle school years but I'm not used to dealing with my emotions that much either usually I barely feel them so when something like this happens I feel the full brunt of them. Sorry also I'm not in the right state of mind I just needed to vent some of my emotions

I hope I don't sound like a bossy jerk now, trying to decide what is right and wrong, but my opinion differs a bit. The only reason you got through it is because of you. It's because of your strength and courage. You could have fled. You could have been "sick". But instead you did it.

Anxiety is a sneaky little f****r. It makes you think it's stronger than you (and it's damn good at it) but in reality it's not.

I know you can win this fight.

• Love
Nephis

Nephis

Sep 3, 2018
I hope I don't sound like a bossy jerk now, trying to decide what is right and wrong, but my opinion differs a bit. The only reason you got through it is because of you. It's because of your strength and courage. You could have fled. You could have been "sick". But instead you did it.

Anxiety is a sneaky little f****r. It makes you think it's stronger than you (and it's damn good at it) but in reality it's not.

I know you can win this fight.
Thanks for being so nice, but I hope to hopefully be dead within the next year or so I'm still saving up right now there is so much tearing me to shreds your right though it was surprising I was able to stand there and continue doing the presentation but I don't think I'll have the confidence to do that again, again though thank you for trying to cheer me up even if my impulses are running wild

• Hugs
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
I have been through that.
I was always very shy and i always disliked presentations and public speeches but whenever i had to do it i did my best to control my anxiety and stress and it would normally work.
I never did extremely great as talking was never my forté, but at least i used to manage not to get embarassed in front of others.
Nowadays i run from oral presentations like i would run from an angry rottweiller, lol.
Now i have a neurological disorder that causes me to shake and my social anxiety has been getting through the roof lately and last time i tried to answer a question from a teacher, even though i was seated, i started to shake like hell. Hands, arms, legs it was unbelievable. I don't want to imagine how it would look like if i was standing up.
I would look like a person with Parkinson's Disease.

• Hugs
I

inthespines

Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for being so nice, but I hope to hopefully be dead within the next year or so I'm still saving up right now there is so much tearing me to shreds your right though it was surprising I was able to stand there and continue doing the presentation but I don't think I'll have the confidence to do that again, again though thank you for trying to cheer me up even if my impulses are running wild

Would you be willing to try something? Would you be willing to through with one more presentation? But before you start, you introduce your anxiety to the class. You tell them how the situation feels for you, how uncomfortable you are, how scared you are. That you might mess up during your presentation but that you'll do your best.

Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
Would you be willing to try something? Would you be willing to through with one more presentation? But before you start, you introduce your anxiety to the class. You tell them how the situation feels for you, how uncomfortable you are, how scared you are. That you might mess up during your presentation but that you'll do your best.
I love this suggestion. Being open about what you're going through is a great approach. I'm very open about my bipolar everywhere but work. And even then sometimes I have to say something if I need accommodations because that's the law. It's very scary, but the more you do it, the easier it gets. And younger people are more sensitive to these things than some others. It helps to adjust expectations and then they see that you're actually doing really well, all things considered. You can preface it with, "This is difficult for me to share, but..." It's not your fault and no one should judge you!

• Hugs
Reactions: inthespines
Nephis

Nephis

Sep 3, 2018
I'm terrible with people and besides I want just everything to be over so that I can just ctb and just drift away from everything

JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
Myself, I have never been good at speech in front of a crowd. Scared the hell out of me, still does. I admire your courage to do it at all. Takes some guts, well done you.

Reactions: Boochky and Nephis
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I hate presenting in front of the class. My anxiety skyrockets and I think that I'm gonna fail and that people will laugh

• Hugs
Reactions: Boochky and JimFord99
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
I hate presenting in front of the class. My anxiety skyrockets and I think that I'm gonna fail and that people will laugh
Yeah, when I was young I dreaded that situation, still do but won't get into it, thankfully.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Yeah, when I was young I dreaded that situation, still do but won't get into it, thankfully.
I had to take a public speaking class a few semesters ago and it was awful. Anxiety was through the roof the entire time

Reactions: Nephis and JimFord99
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
Yeah. I never felt comfy to speak out in front of an audience. I totally understand you.

Reactions: Squiddy
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I was that way in highschool. To the point that all the teachers agreed to let me give them presentations and speeches privately after class. I even failed some classes because I didn't want to walk to the turn in basket to turn in my assignments and have other kids look at me. Then I just changed? I still don't know what happened but somehow I ended up a teacher.

• Love
Reactions: alexithymia, Nephis and Boochky
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
Hey, a success story. Well done you. See, this is not very common, so, my respects and admirations to you

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
Oh I'm crippled by anxiety in other ways but atleast I learned how to speak to people. Now if I could just convince myself to leave my house to find people to talk to :pfff:

darkworld15

darkworld15

Sep 30, 2019
Most people hate public speaking. Trust me, no one will remember your mess ups like you do.

alexithymia

alexithymia

Student
Sep 18, 2019
Oh I'm crippled by anxiety in other ways but atleast I learned how to speak to people. Now if I could just convince myself to leave my house to find people to talk to :pfff:

How do you learn how to speak to people?

Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
Anxiety is a motherfucker. You are/were brave.