AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
Is anyone here resentful/angry at their parents for having them? Mine are dead, but I still can't shake this feeling of revulsion towards them for giving birth to me, and especially raising me poorly. Family is a four letter word to me and one of my main reasons for a miserable life/desire to check out early.

I have a ton of cousins and aunts and uncles, but none of them were ever kind or loving towards me growing up. I harbor awful memories of family which plague me to this day, manifesting in nightmares, severe depression, and a whole lot of anger.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cherub, JustHeckinKillMe, puppy9 and 4 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I would have aborted me if I had any idea what kind of dysfunctional chaotic environment I was coming into. But if abortion wasn't available I would have wanted to be adopted into a normal family so that I may have had a shot at a better outcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: puppy9, Cevapcici, Woodnote and 2 others
angele

angele

gay trans man (he/him)
Nov 20, 2019
Definitely.
My mom seems to be resentful of me for not being what she wanted or for wasting her time, so fuck it, I'll resent her back. I remember asking her why she even had me in the first place and she just started crying.

• Hugs
Reactions: cherub, puppy9, Cevapcici and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Definitely.
My mom seems to be resentful of me for not being what she wanted or for wasting her time, so fuck it, I'll resent her back. I remember asking her why she even had me in the first place and she just started crying.
Some parents are so evil lol! Should have to qualify to breed or pass some courses on child raising before u are allowed near children lol! License to breed would help, if u cannot pass the criteria, no kids for u and we do some type of sterilization that is non invasive I'm thinking this would exist with better technology lol! I'm kidding nobody should be forcefully sterilized but normally less able people do have fewer kids than more genetically or otherwise fit.

Normally the kids of the poorer or less successful people die sooner or only one or two make it to adulthood. But now with modern medicine and income redistribution people who would not have survived under a free market are alive and breeding. The most genetically fit or best people to have kids are forced through taxation to financially support the people who are on the receiving end of gov redistribution who most likely would have fewer kids without the welfare system. Lol! We're so fucked :pfff:

Last edited:
Reactions: puppy9
L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
my parents are normal nothyng personal to them , but styll mad that was born yn thys shythole , born to be a peon and for what??

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
my parents are normal nothyng personal to them , but styll mad that was born yn thys shythole , born to be a peon and for what??
Don't hate on yourself, u is not a peon :hug:

Reactions: lymbo
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It's complicated, but I've just had a very difficult life and made really bad choices. I guess it's mental illness caused by childhood trauma. Cognitive, relational, and emotional impairments.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, Cevapcici and lymbo
L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
It's complicated, but I've just had a very difficult life and made really bad choices. I guess it's mental illness caused by childhood trauma. Cognitive, relational, and emotional impairments.
PM me lf yyou want to vent

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape
E

End Piece

Student
Oct 4, 2019
Yeah, I'm pretty salty. My childhood wasn't really bad or anything, but mental illness runs rampant on both sides of my family, so my parents really should have been more cautious.

• Hugs
Reactions: cherub
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I feel this way too but my parents keep saying I am ungrateful for what they have done for me.
I mean being born into this world and no matter how your parents shelter you, it doesn't stop you from suffering and dealing things that drain you internally.

I can't get over the idea of people having kids just for the sake of being normal, having some achievements or just to have someone to take care of them when they are older. It just does not justify the mental and physical pain people have to go through solely because the parents want it.

It makes me lose faith in humanity because people want to have kids and are fine with their children having to deal with inevitable death.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cherub and OnlyMercy
Whitewash11235814

Whitewash11235814

Experienced
Oct 21, 2019
You're upset at evolution, not your parents.