whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
My sister came over briefly and we argued for a bit. She complained about the house being dirty and untidy to an insufferable degree (it isn't to me, I've seen worse in my stay in the UK). I retorted that nobody helps my parents and that I have CFS. She showed his ableist ways again completely glossing over my suicidogenic chronic fatigue and said that I'm always bringing that up and that it's impossible to have a normal conversation with me. For some diabolically ironic reason this (succesful and financially rewarded) nurse is absolutely unable to show compassion for me.

There's something with some people that makes them incapable of grasping what chronic illness is, so it all becomes a matter of piling more shit on top of the sufferer because you're a complainer, you can't see that other people are suffering too, you are weak and immature, etc. This is a common theme, I see it all the time on SaSu.

I have CFS, cholinergic urticaria with exercise, strong negative emotions or sunlight, now and then itchy dandruff, sweating and tension around people because of social anxiety and last but not least anorgasmia or ejaculatory anhedonia. Physically I have going on moderate good looks and having all limbs functional. My illness has made me a virgin at 31 and I lost all my IRL friends (and the ability to make new and do shit with them consistently) at the onset of most of my symptoms (sans social anxiety which I always had) over 11 years ago.

Then my sister decried how I am unable to show appreciation for "the prospects I have", referring to my very delayed foray into adulting with a job that I started 8 months ago. But in reality, this job is gruelling with multi-tasking for someone like me, the schedule sucks ass, and I have mixed feelings about forcibly mingling with normies that have never and will never care about the things I value like spirituality, psychology or literature. I told her that the only actual prospect I have in my mind is meeting my girlfriend, which is very familiar with feeling isolated, crippled and desperate and cares about many of the things I do.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Yavannah, Venus13, Shadowlord900 and 3 others
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
That sounds really terrible what you have to go through, it's definitely true that they always resort to victim blaming because it's easier to justify their self-esteem. The kind of people who work in the health sector are the kind of people who really shouldn't. I hope that you can find some peace and freedom from your debilitating illness in the future.

Reactions: whatevs
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
For some diabolically ironic reason this (succesful and financially rewarded) nurse is absolutely unable to show compassion for me.
Sadly not that ironic to me. Nurses have a societal reputation for compassion and kindness but in practice that reputation isn't always deserved.

I'm sorry you didn't get the support you deserved from her. I think many people here can relate to what you have to deal with and I hope you feel you are understood at least somewhat here. I know it doesn't fully replace irl support.

Last edited:
Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
It sounds like a very difficult and hurtful situation to be in. I can't even imagine how much you might be suffering, and then having that conversation, where the other individual won't understand your scenario, seems to be debilitating for your health. I hope you find the inner-peace that you yearn and your suffering eases. I relate to your post a lot, because I am enduring the same situation. Wishing you the best