SpencerSees

SpencerSees

I used to be blind, but now i see
Feb 22, 2023
Ever since I was a child, I felt more connected to our family dogs than anyone in my family. Call it autism, or just being a weird kid, but they were the one thing I could relate to. I wasn't violent, I only but my mother when she tried to touch me once. I saw how my dog was kicked if it defecated on the carpet, and saw myself in it. I saw myself in bugs and stray cats, roadkill near the fields of my grandparents' farm.
No animal is evil, it's all instinct. What humanity deems cruel is only the way of nature. It's funny how people call a coyote evil if it hunts their dog down, when they were the ones letting that damn chihuahua ran around their backyard freely, fully aware of what animals lived in the mountains.
But if someone rapes their child, cheats on their partner, abuses their classmate, that's just human nature. She was sexually frustrated! He needed some excitement! They are only kids! This doesn't sound like instinct to me, or else everyone would do the exact same "mistakes" just because they get the urge to. Instinct is getting food, running away when in danger, but in a society where all of this is provided, people also lose empathy. And without empathy we aren't any better than your average cow. Which wouldn't be bad, if we didn't get the urge to hurt our fellow humans. This makes us worse than any animal. No empathy, no care for each other, but a conscious devision to destroy, to hurt.

The forest near my grandparents' farm has been destroyed since, a parking lot and a shopping mall in it's place. It's been so long since you could hear the cicadas mate there. I don't hope for reincarnation, nor another chance at life but if I had to come back, I'd rather be a snail than a human all over again.

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar, Soph, mewomewo and 4 others
ThatGuyOverThere

ThatGuyOverThere

David Benatar Enjoyer
Apr 25, 2024
Yeah, animals don't try and coheres there values onto you, animals as in pets have never done anything systemically to harm me, humans on the other hand are all selfish and exist in a societal context to breed and bring more innocent humans into existence to suffer and be selfish.

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar, SpencerSees, Soph and 2 others