soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
The short of it is that I severely tortured a cat some years ago. Only later did I regret what I did.
I cry a lot over it, I haven't cried in 13 years before this.

I just want redemption. A clear conscience and good health would mean the world to me now. Life is just unbearable otherwise.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live, Mendex, profoundexperience and 13 others
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
why da fuck did you torture a cat?

Reactions: profoundexperience, LADY007, DivineMedicus and 9 others
HopelessBorderline

HopelessBorderline

Alive but not living
Oct 29, 2020
The short of it is that I severely tortured a cat some years ago. Only later did I regret what I did.
I cry a lot over it, I haven't cried in 13 years before this.

I just want redemption. A clear conscience and good health would mean the world to me now. Life is just unbearable otherwise.
I think in order for you to clear your guilt is to ask yourself why you did it in the first place? Why has it taken this long to feel remorse?
What has happened between then and now that's triggered you to feel regret?

I think the first step you need to be taking to clear your conscience is to have this conversation with yourself. Not to try and interrogate yourself but to try and understand who you were back then, to who you want to be as a person now.

Fix your brain, then you're on the road to fixing your health.

We are all here if you'd like to speak to us, of course! Nobody is judging you.

• Love
Reactions: profoundexperience, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, hopelessyearning and 6 others
soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
I think in order for you to clear your guilt is to ask yourself why you did it in the first place? Why has it taken this long to feel remorse?
What has happened between then and now that's triggered you to feel regret?

I think the first step you need to be taking to clear your conscience is to have this conversation with yourself. Not to try and interrogate yourself but to try and understand who you were back then, to who you want to be as a person now.

Fix your brain, then you're on the road to fixing your health.

We are all here if you'd like to speak to us, of course! Nobody is judging you.
Boredom and cruelty, no other reasons.
Idk what woke me up to how bad I messed up, it just happened.

There's far more people deserving of my cruelty than that cat, but I took it out on her.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience and Life_and_Death
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
Boredom and cruelty, no other reasons.
Idk what woke me up to how bad I messed up, it just happened.

There's far more people deserving of my cruelty than that cat, but I took it out on her.

Were you abused as a child? Is that why you decided to torture a cat out of boredom?

Do you still have urges to hurt animals?

Reactions: profoundexperience
S

Snatsbats

Student
Jan 9, 2021
People that abuse innocent animals that do not even understand are the worst people on this planet. Sorry but that is just my oppinion. If someone abused you and you know the hurt how can you do that to another sentient being. I hope you wont do it in the future but that is simply unforgiveable.

You are the kind of people that are one of the reasons i want to ctb.

Disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live, LastFlowers, Puddings and 11 others
soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
Were you abused as a child? Is that why you decided to torture a cat out of boredom?

Do you still have urges to hurt animals?
No abuse, just some bullying in school, nothing extreme tho.

No urges. But I get angry quickly if some pet breaks something or sneaks somewhere, and Ill hit or spray them usually.

We have a cat infestation in the house so it's not helping.

• Hmph!
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience, Cherry Crumpet, 262653 and 2 others
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
It's a good thing you feel remorse and regret it now. Sadly it's too late though.

The only thing you could do now additionally to never doing such a horrible thing again is to donate to shelters or organizations who are preventing wildlife from being destroyed.

For your mental health you should also seek additional help and confide in someone or try therapy.

Try to distance yourself from those pets if you can it would be best if you never were to keep any again.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: profoundexperience, GoPeaceful, DivineMedicus and 7 others
Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
Thats a good point, normally children who torture animals and don't have antisocial personality disorder are victims of abuse themselves.
They try to regain control/power by dominating someone else. It is a harmful coping mechanism that results in further sacrifice, in this example an animal.

Regarding the topic creater, that you have guilt already tells you there isn't any apathie envolved. Which is a good thing.

Reactions: profoundexperience and AprilsBlessings
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
No abuse, just some bullying in school, nothing extreme tho.

No urges. But I get angry quickly if some pet breaks something or sneaks somewhere, and Ill hit or spray them usually.

how many cats in your house?

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
9, and two of them are pregnant

not sure why you have so many cats but please try not to take your anger out on them. Remember that they don't purposely do shit to piss you off. unlike humans they go by their animal instinct and have no control over their actions.

• Love
Reactions: profoundexperience, GoPeaceful, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
not sure why you have so many cats but please try not to take your anger out on them. Remember that they don't purposely do shit to piss you off. unlike humans they go by their animal instinct and have no control over their actions.
Well I live with family and they love cats, we'd have no pets at all if it were up to me

• Wow
Reactions: profoundexperience and x~Sophia~x
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Why are you telling us about this ? Seek redemption from from a higher spiritual power if you believe there is one. We cannot absolve you of your abuse of the cat.
I'm not here to judge you as a person, but the act you claimed to have done is disgusting beyond belief.

Reactions: GoingMyOwnWay, LONE WOLF., paininme and 3 others
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Sorry but I hate people who abuse animals. It's the most disgusting kind of violence ever. If you are capable of doing such things then you shouldn't have any animals in your house. Let's put things straight, you're a fucking danger to them. Poor cat, think about how frightenned and miserable they must have felt. Poor little animals, you're the kind of people that makes me sick. I will not tolerate what you've done.

Reactions: GoingMyOwnWay, LastFlowers, GoPeaceful and 10 others
soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
Why are you telling us about this ? Seek redemption from from a higher spiritual power if you believe there is one. We cannot absolve you of your abuse of the cat.
I'm not here to judge you as a person, but the act you claimed to have done is disgusting beyond belief.
Venting more than anything

• Aww..
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
You should really seek some help, therapy and stuff. Especially since you have so many cats in your house. Please get help, you don't know when the urge could come again and then you'll do something again that you will regret deeply

Reactions: profoundexperience, Pookie, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
This ruined my morning. Horrible. I cannot say anything positive to make you feel better about this. Wow, I'm so sad now.

• Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers, Oozzy, natsukashiii and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I sometimes wonder how people would feel if it was them in a situation like this. If it was them asking to be forgiven or just trying to get it off their chest in a "safe" place only to be ridiculed and told how horrible they are as if they didn't already realize this. Only being made to feel worse then they already do.

If you really want to help someone then you won't point out that what they've done is wrong if they already recognize it as such, instead you'd offer ways to help so it doesn't happen again, not make them feel horrible and in some cases to the point of inhuman.

• Love
Reactions: profoundexperience, GoneGirl, souljah222 and 6 others
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I sometimes wonder how people would feel if it was them in a situation like this. If it was them asking to be forgiven or just trying to get it off their chest in a "safe" place only to be ridiculed and told how horrible they are as if they didn't already realize this. Only being made to feel worse then they already do.

If you really want to help someone then you won't point out that what they've done is wrong if they already recognize it as such, instead you'd offer ways to help so it doesn't happen again, not make them feel horrible and in some cases to the point of inhuman.
This is a forum with free speech and I have the right to express what I think. I am not gonna pretend OP didn't do anything bad and comfort them. What they have done is unforgivable. Reckless animal cruelty is something awful regardless of circumstances like abnormal childhood, bullying etc. There's not really a way to help OP. They simply shouldn't have any animals in the house.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: profoundexperience, LONE WOLF., Teal_Blue_Dreams and 4 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020

You say you feel remorse, yet you're STILL abusing cats. Are your family aware that you're an animal abuser?

But soap is STILL abusing the family cats!! :O

Last edited:
Reactions: LastFlowers, tlsnih, Pookie and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
This is a forum with free speech and I have the right to express what I think. I am not gonna pretend OP didn't do anything bad and comfort them. What they have done is unforgivable. Reckless animal cruelty is something awful regardless of circumstances like abnormal childhood, bullying etc. There's not really a way to help OP. They simply shouldn't have any animals in the house.
i never said this wasnt a forum with free speech. i just simply asked people to put themselves in someone elses shoes before making them feel horrible about themselves as if they dont already. i simply said
because i honestly think that a lot of the comments people make, they dont think about. im positive that if 'they' came on here looking for help and we're met with
the act you claimed to have done is disgusting beyond belief.
Let's put things straight, you're a fucking danger to them. Poor cat, think about how frightenned and miserable they must have felt. Poor little animals, you're the kind of people that makes me sick. I will not tolerate what you've done.
This ruined my morning
You are the kind of people that are one of the reasons i want to ctb.

Disgusting.
when all you were trying to do was correct things to the best of your ability at this point. youd probably feel even more like shit and want to kill yourself. comments like those are a good way to push someone over the edge and does not create a safe environment at all. this person clearly feels bad for what they did, instead of making them feel worse about it, help them so they dont do it again and yes, that is possible. its called therapy and actually does/can help despite what people believe.

just put yourself in their shoes. if you were looking for help and told those things, honestly, how would you feel?

• Love
Reactions: profoundexperience, AprilsBlessings, HopelessBorderline and 5 others
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
As a vegan and animal rights activist obviously I am disgusted by any form of animal use/abuse, exploitation etc. but my only hope here is that you commit to not doing something like that again. You said you feel deeply remorseful which is of course a good sign.

I also wonder how many on here attacking the OP are not vegan? And support various other forms of animal abuse, ie the animal agriculture industry, purchase products made from wool, leather etc., buy from brands that test on animals? Part of my work as an activist was to document and film what happens on farms and in slaughterhouses and the torture that goes on there is just as horrific, if not worse, than what the OP did, yet most of you probably eat animals.... (ight imma go run for cover)

Edit: OP please do not hit or spray the cats!! That's still abuse.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live, profoundexperience, GoneGirl and 5 others
soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021

Thnx for your concern. I'd say no one here has the power to either help or hurt me at this point, not with words anyway.
The pain and guilt is from the inside.

• Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience, hopelessyearning and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Thnx for your concern. I'd say no one here has the power to either help or hurt me at this point, not with words anyway.
The pain and guilt is from the inside.
i understand that, others dont need to be making you feel worse however, im sure youre doing that enough on your own :hug:. if you dont mind me asking are you still doing it? keeping in mind that there is a difference between discipline and abuse.

• Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience and Ἡγησίας
soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
i understand that, others dont need to be making you feel worse however, im sure youre doing that enough on your own :hug:. if you dont mind me asking are you still doing it? keeping in mind that there is a difference between discipline and abuse.
No, it was a one time thing. I never had the urge before that poor cat or after.

I discipline them if they repeat pushing doors or ruining stuff, but I don't feel good about it.

I wish they'd leave the house but they know the streets are far crueler than me.

• Hmph!
  • Hugs
Reactions: grungeCat, x~Sophia~x and Life_and_Death
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
If @soap had said he was remorseful for what they did to that poor cat and that was that, I'd have a small amount of sympathy for them, but to then go on to admit that they are still abusing the cats by spraying and hitting them, I'm appalled quite honestly.

Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live, LastFlowers, tlsnih and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
If @soap had said he was remorseful for what they did to that poor cat and that was that, I'd have a small amount of sympathy for them, but to then go on to admit that they are still abusing the cats by spraying and hitting them, I'm appalled quite honestly.
theres abuse and then theres discipline. what are you going to do if the cat keeps getting up on shelves? maybe chewing on plants (that could kill them)? a quick spirt of water or a tap to get them down does no harm and they never specified anything about it, its not safe to assume that they are using a garden hose or all their force.
No, it was a one time thing. I never had the urge before that poor cat or after.

I discipline them if they repeat pushing doors or ruining stuff, but I don't feel good about it.

I wish they'd leave the house but they know the streets are far crueler than me.
have you talked to your family about it? maybe putting them up for adoption.

newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Once I started reading the OP's post, I knew the ensuing discussion would be juicy. This one should go on for many pages.

• Hmph!
  • Aww..
Reactions: LONE WOLF., Deleted member 22624, rayofsunshine and 4 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
theres abuse and then theres discipline. what are you going to do if the cat keeps getting up on shelves? maybe chewing on plants (that could kill them)? a quick spirt of water or a tap to get them down does no harm and they never specified anything about it, its not safe to assume that they are using a garden hose or all their force.
I don't really feel it's up to you to describe how OP "disciplines" those cats. Are you there when they're hitting and spraying them? How do you know they use a water spray and a 'tap' to discipline them?

Reactions: LastFlowers, grungeCat and newave3