NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
I can not get over the fact that nearly all societies let suicidal people suffer. It's not enough that people feel miserable wanting to end their lives. One forces them to hide, to die alone in motels or in forests, to suffer a relatively uncomfortable death. This really bugs me. Don't you think this is a great injustice being done? I feel like when I suicide, I will address this injustice somehow. If I loose my life, at least there should be some form of reference to this injustice. People should know that I rather have prefered to tell people and prefered to die in presence of my beloved ones - and that I was forced to lie to them and die painfully because the state forced me this way.

Everybody knows the meaning of red ribbons (Aids awareness). Why don't we have a symbol of awareness? Our right to end our lives when we want - peacefully and openly. There should be a symbol. We are a BIG minority. I thought about symbols that can be tagged (makeable, printable) to what they wear by people at their last moments. These would entail a reference to a website, that simply explains the meaning.

Maybe I am thinking too much, but I don't want to die alone. My death should at least contribute to something. Spread awareness to this suffering.

Reactions: ultraviolet sin, anelakapu, Pickles79 and 2 others