LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Hey all. The other day I got prescribed a new med for sleep and funny enough, it's amitriptyline. So I took it that night and felt really chill and when I woke up actually felt good for once. Like actually good. My brain felt clearer and it was like a bunch of stuff suddenly made sense and I just saw the world entirely differently. Eventually I went to take a nap and when I woke up I just felt completely awful. No desire to do anything, crippingly suicidally depressed, paralyzed. I thought maybe I'd feel better after waking up now but I just feel completely somber and all I can think about is dying. I don't want anything anymore, I feel like a ghost, everything is so bleak. Thing is, I can't be entirely sure it's the ami as it could be stress from seeing the NP instead of my usual psych, so that's stressful af and I explain myself so horribly that people probably just end up more confused. There's also a bunch of other stressful shit going on so I feel utterly lost. Idk, I guess I just wanted to say that to someone and maybe see if anyone else has had similar experiences, and whether or not it got better over time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beautifulletdown, sanction, Donewith_ and 3 others
AbandonedStudio

AbandonedStudio

Aug 22, 2019
You could discuss this with your psychiatrist. He/ she probably has the answer you're looking for.

Reactions: Beautifulletdown and Baskol1
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
You could discuss this with your psychiatrist. He/ she probably has the answer you're looking for.
I would do that, except it's likely that I'll end up hospitalized, have all of my meds shuffled around, and end up even worse off. I'm wondering if anyone has had similar experiences and if it improved over time. And if all else fails, I suppose I could try saving it up for the ami cocktail.

• Aww..
Reactions: Beautifulletdown and Baskol1
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
How much do you take a day?

Has this happened multiple times?

Reactions: Baskol1
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
How much do you take a day?

Has this happened multiple times?
25mg at night. It started a few hours after I woke up for the day and persisted until I managed to pass out last night. I still feel bad, but not as severely now. Trying to figure out wtf is going on with my brain and ugh this is bullshit

Reactions: Baskol1
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
I have read these medications can cause more depression initially, like for the first couple of weeks.

Reactions: LogicalConclusion and Baskol1
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
I have read these medications can cause more depression initially, like for the first couple of weeks.
Okay, thank you :) I did read from one source that it can cause suicidal thoughts, but it wasn't very clear on whether or not it was something that goes away with time. I suppose for now I'll keep taking it and try to keep everything else as stable as possible and minimize stress just to see how it goes. Strangely, I've been more capable of doing things today, like laundry, and washing my face and brushing my teeth (things I haven't done for a long time). My mind also seems quieter so that it's easier to focus on things somewhat. I just feel like a jumbled, confused mess, but hopefully this improves. Thanks so much :hug:

Reactions: Dreamcolleger and Baskol1