F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It will get a lot worse as it becomes impossible to keep pace with cost of living.

• Aww..
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, cherub, Enabran255 and 8 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Because life is shitty and people want out.

Reactions: forever21, WhyIsLife56, Enabran255 and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
This was not inevitable but we have a ruling class who decided that it's a good idea to mess with the natural order. Central banks and government fails because human beings are not slaves u can just do what u want with but the ruling class sees us this way. We only thrive when we are truly free and there is no government trying to determine how we are going to live and who's going to live.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Enabran255, Woodnote and 4 others
charlie_z

charlie_z

Student
Apr 30, 2018
The abstract from the article caught my eye since it mentioned middle-age people as well as the young. I wish everyone could be excluded from having to deal with the absolute pain, fear, and loneliness expressed on this site, but there's something especially terrifying about finding yourself 2/3'rds or more through your natural life only to find you've made nothing of yourself, that your life lacks meaning or purpose, and that all you have left to look forward to is deathly silence and loneliness.

• Love
Reactions: cherub, Enabran255, Fragile and 4 others
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I think technology has some part in it too. The future has never seemed more uncertain or bleak because of technology. It threatens people's jobs and the fast pace at which everything moves and changes now is disconcerting.
The monopolies the tech companies have now is scary, but they are quickly taking over more and more industries.
I believe Google and Amazon are both looking to move into the healthcare market. I don't want Google or Amazon having control over my healthcare, or anything else that should be my decision.

• Love
Reactions: TowerUpright, Fragile, ArtVandelay and 2 others
charlie_z

charlie_z

Student
Apr 30, 2018
It threatens people's jobs and the fast pace at which everything moves and changes now is disconcerting.
I think that's the critical point with the meteoric rise of technology-information systems. Its rapid expansion has far outreached an individual's ability to keep up. Wave after mounting wave of data washes over us, and we're expected to fully assimilate and integrate with the wash and adapt to each new 'better-and-improved' change even if it means we've been made redundant. Very scary.

Reactions: 262653, not-2-b-the-answer, Final Escape and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
We live in highly unnatural times where people are more isolated than we used to be. It used to be that u had a group of people and lots of family, extended family, and u regularly were with this group of people most days if not everyday. Now more pple feel like they aren't sure they can support themselves now or in the future, it is more challenging for people to marry, let alone date. Social media increaes risk of suicide and yet here we are on this lol! Because u aren't getting actual human connection with both people or group of people physically present, it's through this device. We are not islands we need other people around us regularly for feedback and to help regulate ourselves to feel ok. Some pple need other pple more like extroverts but still. Everyone needs regular contact with others or u become weird and awkward. You don't learn social skills and u can forget them by being isolated all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, BrokenHopes and BlueWidow
F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
I will probably be part of those statistics soon. I've realized there's no profit for myself in living.

Reactions: 262653, forever21 and not-2-b-the-answer
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
I am going to be the honest buzzkill but if young people being depressed and mass killing themselves was a problem something would have happened by now. Like banning a company like Betterhelp, have a DSM that isn't written by companies to sell meds and not continuing telling innocent children we're all dead in 10 years because of muh climate change.

Reactions: forever21 and Tortured_empath
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
We live in highly unnatural times where people are more isolated than we used to be. It used to be that u had a group of people and lots of family, extended family, and u regularly were with this group of people most days if not everyday. Now more pple feel like they aren't sure they can support themselves now or in the future, it is more challenging for people to marry, let alone date. Social media increaes risk of suicide and yet here we are on this lol! Because u aren't getting actual human connection with both people or group of people physically present, it's through this device. We are not islands we need other people around us regularly for feedback and to help regulate ourselves to feel ok. Some pple need other pple more like extroverts but still. Everyone needs regular contact with others or u become weird and awkward. You don't learn social skills and u can forget them by being isolated all the time.
Yes, I agree with everything you said. I struggle with both being an introvert my whole life & it being almost painful and draining to be around other people for very long. I know it's not good to be alone as much as I am, and I do walk around talking to myself and my dead husband. To be fair, I've been talking to myself for as long as I can remember because, through most of my life, I've had no one else to talk to. And I talked to my husband when he was alive, but working in another state. He also admitted that he talked to me as well when would be driving to work or see something that made him think of me.
I'm told I was very talkative and inquisitive when I was very little and my mom was still alive. After she died when I was 3, the adults around me made it very clear that I was not to ask questions or make noise. It was made clear to me that my opinions and thoughts were not important. Therefore, I shut down. I stopped talking. Now I get shit from people for being so quiet. Yet, I never feel like people are really listening to me when I do speak, so why should I bother? People make jokes about how I hide in my house and never talk to anyone. But again, why should I?
Every once in a while, I do try to go out and socialize. I'm always quickly reminded of why I don't enjoy it. It's monotonous and boring. I'm not interested in what others are talking about usually. I have tried to steer the conversation to something more interesting to me, but I'm either ignored or made fun of. It's so difficult because I would like a "happy medium" where I have some contact with others, but still have plenty of time for myself. I just can't seem to strike the right balance.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: forever21, n0505, less than and 1 other person
B

bukowski

Nov 3, 2019
I think technology has some part in it too. The future has never seemed more uncertain or bleak because of technology. It threatens people's jobs and the fast pace at which everything moves and changes now is disconcerting.
The monopolies the tech companies have now is scary, but they are quickly taking over more and more industries.
I believe Google and Amazon are both looking to move into the healthcare market. I don't want Google or Amazon having control over my healthcare, or anything else that should be my decision.

Yeah, Google wants everyone's health records

Notice how they also dropped "don't be evil" from their corporate code of conduct? I don't see this ending well.

• Hmph!
Reactions: forever21, TAW122, BlueWidow and 1 other person
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
I read cernovich on Twitter everyday. And I believe it's the liberal ruling class's fault, as they have been pushing this atheist god hating masses that do not want marriage or children, or at least do not view marriage, children, family as something to be proud of. People.even fear to pop out kids due to "environment"...

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape and BlueWidow
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
@Final Escape has listed the correct points. To add to her point, another factor in the midst of these social problems are also the wealth inequality, social unrest in various parts of the country (and around the world), racism and other human rights issues still persist even today, sometimes made worse through the Internet.

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I read cernovich on Twitter everyday. And I believe it's the liberal ruling class's fault, as they have been pushing this atheist god hating masses that do not want marriage or children, or at least do not view marriage, children, family as something to be proud of. People.even fear to pop out kids due to "environment"...
It sucks to miss out on kids because I was too dysfunctional and ill reared myself I didn't think my kids would have had much of a future especially in post whitey, post Christian America since that's what the ruling class wants is to eradicate white homogeneous culture. I didn't know when in my 20's that the goal is to destroy the white race but now that I know I'm relieved I didn't have kids who would be impoverished and even more disadvantaged than myself probably.

Last edited:
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
America has so many problems this doesn't shock me whatsoever. I could start naming the myriad of issues that are behind this problem, but it'd probably be much easier to name off the list of things that don't contribute to this issue.

All will be well though. Just pop a few more SSRI's and stare blankly into the tube. That's how we solve things here.