• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

BeforeYouFallAsleep

BeforeYouFallAsleep

a corpse is talking
Oct 11, 2023
i actally don't know what i got diagnosed with atm... like tf is going on, i definitely should know that..

after going through my history if found it..

so again, i got diagnosed with a schizoaffective disorder and been taking meds for it. I'm off the meds for a few months now and haven't really had my usual symptoms like visual hallucinations.
But last night as i was falling asleep, i heard this very loud noise like an explosion. I jumped like someone just shot a gun next to my ear. Just so unexpected. I never had any audible hallucinations before.
And i know that it must have been in my head. In the moment it felt real but in retrospect something was off about it, it didn't felt 100% real more like 80%. It had more reverb to it, like a really really loud thought. idk how to describe that

and this memory loss is insane and just so random. I can't remember things like what i got fucking diagnosed with. Feels like a void where something shoud have been but just isn't.
I'm 20 and am surely to young to have something like dementia right?

Did you experienced something similar to that??

veylore

veylore

Oct 22, 2023
As someone with schizophrenia I don't know if it's made me forget stuff, It feels like the meds make me unable to remember a lot of stuff though. If you're really depressed that has a big effect on memory aswell. There is a level of intellectual impairment that can happen later on in life with schizophrenia, but I don't think this is what ur experiencing, also idk if schizoaffective disorder is the same when it comes to that. I genuinely don't know, even things like jacking off a lot can ruin your memory, it can literally be anything.

About the loud sound when falling asleep thing I feel that too, it really sucks. Its sometimes attributed to "exploding head syndrome" and has like no research or treatment on it lol. The probably more likely thing is it's tied to you being schizoaffective. I feel that reverb explanation 100%. it's probably only so scary to you because you don't get audio hallucinations.

If you had dementia at 20 you would be a record case by many miles, it's just impossible. Apparently its happened a few times before its so rare that I wouldn't guess on it. You could be at risk for developing it later in life when you're old as shit, which it won't really matter at that point. And for the love of God don't do shock therapy unless you want all your memories to be gone. Your level of memory loss your describing sounds like brain cancer or some shit lol. You mightve just rotted your brain from looking at tiktoks I really don't know. It could be a tumor or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: bunintherug
real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
The memory loss might be a result of the medication. Found this study from a search: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/schizort/2016/8213165

Sorry you're experiencing this, hope things can get better for you. There's a natural substance called ginkgo biloba which helps improve cognition and memory based on some studies. People with dementia sometimes take it. My psychiatrist once described it as 'helping the brain to heal itself'. It's pretty harmless and not too expensive. That's just a thought though, I'm not an expert.

BeforeYouFallAsleep

BeforeYouFallAsleep

a corpse is talking
Oct 11, 2023
As someone with schizophrenia I don't know if it's made me forget stuff, It feels like the meds make me unable to remember a lot of stuff though. If you're really depressed that has a big effect on memory aswell. There is a level of intellectual impairment that can happen later on in life with schizophrenia, but I don't think this is what ur experiencing, also idk if schizoaffective disorder is the same when it comes to that. I genuinely don't know, even things like jacking off a lot can ruin your memory, it can literally be anything.

About the loud sound when falling asleep thing I feel that too, it really sucks. Its sometimes attributed to "exploding head syndrome" and has like no research or treatment on it lol. The probably more likely thing is it's tied to you being schizoaffective. I feel that reverb explanation 100%. it's probably only so scary to you because you don't get audio hallucinations.

If you had dementia at 20 you would be a record case by many miles, it's just impossible. Apparently its happened a few times before its so rare that I wouldn't guess on it. You could be at risk for developing it later in life when you're old as shit, which it won't really matter at that point. And for the love of God don't do shock therapy unless you want all your memories to be gone. Your level of memory loss your describing sounds like brain cancer or some shit lol. You mightve just rotted your brain from looking at tiktoks I really don't know. It could be a tumor or something.
about the memory loss thing. I think it gets worse when i'm more on "autopilot"/foggy mind/depressed. I never thought about shocck therapy. I hate stuff like tiktok as it actually makes you stupid. As for the tumor/cancer thing idk i've had my brain checked a fair amount of times before when i got into some clinics for help. They never found anything but this was like 2y ago tho.
I don't think it's that much of a problem yet. Just very annoying.

and thx for your reply
The memory loss might be a result of the medication. Found this study from a search: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/schizort/2016/8213165

Sorry you're experiencing this, hope things can get better for you. There's a natural substance called ginkgo biloba which helps improve cognition and memory based on some studies. People with dementia sometimes take it. My psychiatrist once described it as 'helping the brain to heal itself'. It's pretty harmless and not too expensive. That's just a thought though, I'm not an expert.
that's interesting, i might talk about that with my psychiatrist too. Tho i feel like it's more prominent when i'm off the meds. And it just recently got noticable that i would say, yeah something is weird about that

Last edited: