• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

disableddoll

disableddoll

Jul 2, 2019
I don't know if anyone on here has ben prescribed VENLAFAXINE HYDROCHLORIDE but i feel like i'm tripping all the time and most articles say it's LSD. Does anyone know if it really is LSD ? the symptoms are comparable to that of LSD or MDMA pls help

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I think you should directly address these concerns with your doctor. Effexor is in no way related to LSD, nor are you being microdosed. Your symptoms sounds like an acute psychotic episode.

Reactions: Sensei, BitterlyAlive and autumnal
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Reactions: LittleJem, Sensei, autumnal and 1 other person
M

mayHeCurseUsAll

Nov 23, 2019
It is not LSD. They are different chemicals. It is an SNRI. LSD is a classical psychedelic that binds to most serotonin receptor sub-types and also the D2 receptor (a subtype of dopamine receptor). They do profoundly different things. There is some evidence that taken in high doses venlafaxine can produce some MDMA like effects, but this is not comparable to tripping and it should not be producing those effects for you. You should mention this to whoever has prescribed you this medication.

Reactions: Sensei and autumnal
disableddoll

disableddoll

Jul 2, 2019
I probably should have added that my BMI is less than 5% (20 y.o. F, 5'6", 95 lbs) thank you all for the quick response @Aap @MYStERY_Man @mayHeCurseUsAll

M

mayHeCurseUsAll

Nov 23, 2019
Venlafaxine hydrochloride: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Venlafaxine-hydrochloride
LSD: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/5761

So no, they're not the same. You're also not being microdosed, as the point of a microdose is to not feel the usual effects.

Now, venlafaxine will increase the serotonin levels in the brain, which LSD and MDMA also do. So that's probably what you're feeling.

LSD doesn't actually increase serotonin levels , at least nothing comparable to the extent of MDMA, it does however bind to serotonin receptors as well as a plethora of other kinds, and the way it works is totally mysterious to us still, in essence though it looks close enough to serotonin to bind to the same receptors.

Reactions: LittleJem and Red
disableddoll

disableddoll

Jul 2, 2019
I probably should have added that my BMI is less than 5% (20 y.o. F, 5'6", 95 lbs) thank you all for the quick response @Aap @MYStERY_Man @mayHeCurseUsAll
really don't know how i put 5% i meant 18.5% see looking at my phone is hard sometimes
this is what i read

Attachments

• BA71C914-5326-4C86-B077-44CFF3FA48F3.jpeg
    BA71C914-5326-4C86-B077-44CFF3FA48F3.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 19
  • F019E89E-24EF-4C06-9B9A-AB5AEE03546F.jpeg
    F019E89E-24EF-4C06-9B9A-AB5AEE03546F.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 19
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I think you should directly address these concerns with your doctor. Effexor is in no way related to LSD, nor are you being microdosed. Your symptoms sounds like an acute psychotic episode.
iu

This. Exactly this.

@disableddoll
, do you have any history of schizophrenia or other episodes of being paranoid or believing things that other people say aren't real?

[...]
this is what i read

I'm not sure what that particular source is, but it's generally best to steer clear of other people's subjective and unreliable anecdotal accounts. This is especially the case if you have any degree of paranoia or psychosis, as you will typically search for and find only 'evidence' which supports your beliefs, and then these beliefs get further reinforced by this echo chamber of 'evidence'.

Reactions: Sensei and mayHeCurseUsAll
M

mayHeCurseUsAll

Nov 23, 2019
To respond to the descriptions of effects in those two attachments, small and even large perceptual changes can occur in different states of mind totally stone cold sober. I am someone who has HPPD and my moods dictate the nature of my perceptual changes and hallucinations in general. Even before HPPD and psychedelic use I had subtle perceptual changes/large perspective changes during different moods. This is not unusual to the point anyone should be working themselves up over it , with the large caveat that if these effects are giving you any discomfort or suffering, then you should talk to a medical professional about it.

disableddoll

disableddoll

Jul 2, 2019
iu

This. Exactly this.

@disableddoll
, do you have any history of schizophrenia or other episodes of being paranoid or believing things that other people say aren't real?

I'm not sure what that particular source is, but it's generally best to steer clear of other people's subjective and unreliable anecdotal accounts. This is especially the case if you have any degree of paranoia or psychosis, as you will typically search for and find only 'evidence' which supports your beliefs, and then these beliefs get further reinforced by this echo chamber of 'evidence'.
No i'm diagnosed with complex PTSD, anxiety, depression, blah blah blah i use medical marijuana for insomnia and that greatly reduces the effects of the venlafaxine. sitting at 35 mg supposed to have a follow up on wednesday
No i'm diagnosed with complex PTSD, anxiety, depression, blah blah blah i use medical marijuana for insomnia and that greatly reduces the effects of the venlafaxine. sitting at 35 mg supposed to have a follow up on wednesday
Also this was just one article i read of many i also found a study conducted on "transient complex visual hallucinations" as an effect from this medication. I've never considered myself to be paranoid in the least

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Also this was just one article i read of many i also found a study conducted on "transient complex visual hallucinations" as an effect from this medication. I've never considered myself to be paranoid in the least

You're missing the point though. That wasn't an 'article', it was an anecdotal account written by a regular person.

Medical information is always best sourced from reputable and reliable sources. Anecdotal accounts generally do far more harm than good.

disableddoll

disableddoll

Jul 2, 2019
well i have an update for this if anyone cares. @autumnal @mayHeCurseUsAll @MYStERY_Man @Aap My doctor said everything i'm experiencing is completely normal. And i didn't miss the point i just worded my reply incorrectly. I meant i also read articles and research reports studying venlafaxine (I didn't mean to say this one report is an article my b). Doc said it's an SSNRI, this is how it feels at first. She doubled my dosage and i can already feel it evening out.

Reactions: LittleJem and autumnal
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I always turn to pharmacists before doctors. Easier access and they're more pharma-minded than illness-minded. I've found they answer questions about how a drug reacts and/or side effects without needing to know why I'm taking something. And if they redirect me to the doc or can't answer any questions I ask the MD. That's just what I do though...

Reactions: LittleJem
J

jameslb72

Jul 22, 2020
venlafaxine shouldnt cause these symptoms. It is a powerful antidepressant but if you have a predisposition to manic episodes it may be causing that