MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
never really had strong feelings for friends. i like them. but never based my life on them.

*drunk talk btw

• Hugs
Reactions: 4am, ijustwishtodie, Dliena and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
never really had strong feelings for friends. i like them. but never based my life on them.

*drunk talk btw
I never really had strong feelings for anyone and never based my life on anyone either

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: 4am, ijustwishtodie, marchshift and 1 other person
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024

*drunk talk btw
That alone doesn't make you a sociopath. xD

• Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower, ijustwishtodie, latte art and 4 others
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
No, you are not.
Surely this one thing doesn't make you a sociopath.

Sociopathy is more complicated.
It is also often confused with psychopathy.

• Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower, ijustwishtodie, sserafim and 1 other person
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
i was just talking with old friends. i didn't feel as emotional as i maybe thought i'd be? miss my dog more than anyone so that made me wonder

• Hugs
Reactions: Blurry_Buildings and moshimoshi
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
i was just talking with old friends. i didn't feel as emotional as i maybe thought i'd be? miss my dog more than anyone so that made me wonder
It's not that easy.

No one on this site can answer your question with so little information.

It is also a mistake to think that sociopaths do not feel emotions.
Of course they feel.
They can even love.
Of course, it all depends on the definition of love.

They feel emotions, but in a slightly different way.

To be sure, you need to perform specialized tests.
Self-diagnosis is not a good idea.

Do not worry.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, latte art, Blurry_Buildings and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
You don't really come across as ruthless. That's something I tend to associate with sociopaths, although maybe that's not a correct assessment of them.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, MyChoiceAlone and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
No, you are not.
Surely this one thing doesn't make you a sociopath.

Sociopathy is more complicated.
It is also often confused with psychopathy.
What's the difference between sociopathy and psychopathy? I've heard that sociopaths are impulsive and psychopaths are calm, but I also read information that conflicted this, so I don't know for sure

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
Magic 8-ball says no

jk you dont seem like a sociopath/psychopath to me

• Yay!
Reactions: pilotviolin
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Ruthless how? About what?

What about me 👀

I'd say I've known one or two in the business world setting. They're simply ruthless. They'll cut people's hours, deny people pay. I've even known someone pretty much defraud a charity in order to make more money for the company and get that promotion...

Companies like to have a few sociopaths working for them to do the dirty work. They'll be the ones to sack people, put them on disciplinaries. Some even appear to enjoy it. That's the irony really. They may not be at the very top but they'll be management or middle management level- so- the risks their jobs entail mean they get that higher salary. The question is though- if they don't experience much in the way of fear or remorse- especially when it comes to how they treat their staff- just how much risk do they even perceive? I doubt they lose sleep over axing half their workforce. They just tell themselves- that's the nature of the business.

• Informative
Reactions: BrainShower, latte art and sserafim
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
You don't really come across as ruthless. That's something I tend to associate with sociopaths, although maybe that's not a correct assessment of them.
thanks. it's just that i've always fely ok being alone. i don't think you need to be ruthless? just very little emotion.

side note: i got a blood test done. last time, they said my kidneys were in trouble. i think my cousin didn't translate that well. this time it's my liver! that i can believe! slow death through alcohol!
That alone doesn't make you a sociopath. xD
your pfp reminds me of a very old japanese cartoon called raideen? may not have got the spelling right
What's the difference between sociopathy and psychopathy? I've heard that sociopaths are impulsive and psychopaths are calm, but I also read information that conflicted this, so I don't know for sure
i don't believe you are a sociopath either

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, sserafim and pilotviolin
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023

i was too lazy to look for the music thread

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
I hear sociopaths are made up by circumstances; on the other hand, psychopaths are born that way.

*drunk talk btw"
" A sociopath is a term that refers to an individual with Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD). This condition is characterized by a long-term pattern of manipulating, exploiting, or violating the rights of others."
You are not.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
latte art

latte art

simple heart
Apr 6, 2024
I'd say I've known one or two in the business world setting. They're simply ruthless. They'll cut people's hours, deny people pay. I've even known someone pretty much defraud a charity in order to make more money for the company and get that promotion...

Companies like to have a few sociopaths working for them to do the dirty work. They'll be the ones to sack people, put them on disciplinaries. Some even appear to enjoy it. That's the irony really. They may not be at the very top but they'll be management or middle management level- so- the risks their jobs entail mean they get that higher salary. The question is though- if they don't experience much in the way of fear or remorse- especially when it comes to how they treat their staff- just how much risk do they even perceive? I doubt they lose sleep over axing half their workforce. They just tell themselves- that's the nature of the business.
I remember reading or hearing somewhere about someone who goes into businesses when they are failing and sacks half the workforce, and apparently they enjoyed it because it was like cutting parasites off a tree and enabling it to grow again (paraphrasing).

No doubt there are purely cruel people in such positions that simply enjoy inflicting pain though.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Forever Sleep
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, not really. Not wanting friends or having any feelings for them doesn't mean that you're a sociopath. It's so depressing at how you even came to that conclusion to begin with as you most likely only came to this conclusion due to how everybody talks about the necessity of friendships and so on

Reactions: sserafim and 4am
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I hear sociopaths are made up by circumstances
That's not right . Sociopathy is also inborn . Poor environment can aggravate it but there definitely has to be a genetic component .

• Informative
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
That's not right . Sociopathy is also inborn . Poor environment can aggravate it but there definitely has to be a genetic component .

I heard it from yt video. I did little research. Genes play a role in both, but psychopathy is generally viewed as having a stronger genetic basis, while sociopathy is seen as more environmentally driven.

• Informative