• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

January-ish

Aug 23, 2020
I plan to ingest N and I am aware that nothing else is really absolutely "needed"

That said, I like the idea of doing extra even just for my own peace of mind to lower the chance I could experience tachycardia. I have seen for some methods (not asking for advice on method here just ancillary information) that a beta-blocker is sometimes included in protocol. I have a prescription already for an alpha blocker called prazosin.

Does anyone understand the difference between the two (alpha and beta blockers) well enough to explain if an alpha blocker could inhibit a successful attempt? Or perhaps augment the effects? Or maybe its completely neutral in which case I would take it anyways just for the psychological peace? I will be taking it likely at least a couple hours ahead of time since it is a normal every day medication for me and tends to be effective for half a day.

Cameron Diazepam

Cameron Diazepam

Dec 25, 2021
Both are blood pressure medications that are also used for anxiety, though prazosin is more common for PTSD nightmares and beta blockers are more known for reducing the physical effects of anxiety like stage fright. I think it would be more dependent upon what works for you and your biology in terms of anxiety reduction for any panic with the survival instinct than any additive benefits to the effects of N. In theory you might be able to depress the heart rate further but why risk unpredictable effects when N alone will do the job?

• Love
Reactions: January-ish
mindcancer

mindcancer

Mar 27, 2021
α-blockers primarily work via vasodilation which decreases blood pressure and vascular resistance. It may relieve stress and lower blood tension, but it doesn't compare to β-blockers who directly slower the heart rate. You might still feel the discomfort of tachycardia by taking prazosin. α1-blockers acts on vascular smooth muscles and not the heart, whereas β1-blockers acts directly on the heart muscle thereby reducing vascular output from the primary source.

• Love
Reactions: January-ish and myopybyproxy
J

January-ish

Aug 23, 2020
Thanks so much for responding. I'm going to ctb the day after tomorrow.

What I hear you guys saying is… that an alpha-blocker might not help any with the N, but it also wouldn't hurt?

I do take it for ptsd and nightmares.