quiet.rabbit

quiet.rabbit

NEET
Feb 27, 2020
My mind is not in the present moment right now since I'm siding more with death every day. I was a child that never received emotional support or social connection that everyone needs and I'm told I should just figure it out by myself now. But at the same time I'm told the best option I come up with is off the table because "it would hurt others."

It's a pattern in my family to get angry at my feelings because it makes them uncomfortable, or stresses them out. I would understand if I was constantly venting but I'm very reclusive and more on the reserved side when it comes to these heavy thoughts.

So I've ended up basically being pushed to never share my feelings and troubles. Which makes them more intense. I have no release or way of self-regulating.

I even suspect I'm not "sensitive" but just really really emotionally neglected. After all, my first 4 years of my life were spent with my abusive father and my mom is not the most emotionally intelligent person. I've been "sensitive" since then.

Kind of related: Last week (not sure, but within this month) my brother was drunk and I was high and he attempted to choke me to death after I mentioned how I felt like dying explicitly for the third time ever. After his girlfriend screamed at him and told him to stop he let go of me and I went into my room.

After a bit he came in and told me he was sorry and that he would stop drinking but what I get from his apology is that he was kind of unphased at what he did. We ended up mostly talking about stuff that happened to him, (that always happens) and he ended up very briefly mentioning the second time I told him about my suicidal ideation. He didn't even remember what he said to me! He literally said "...I don't really remember what I said to you..." in a dismissive tone.

Something that irks me too is that his girlfriend was screaming at me about the guilt my family would feel and yet when my brother did what he did she didn't really say much besides telling him she'd break up with him if he did something like that again. She didn't check on me or anything. Nobody thought about how scared I must have felt while literally being choked to (possible) death. Like its just expected to treat someone suicidal like that. (!!!)

I feel like I'm disrespected precisely because I'm suicidal and socially isolated. The very things I need help with.

So if I continue living I'm really disrespecting myself. Telling myself I don't need what every human needs. I'd be telling my family and the world I'm okay with all they've done to me because of their own biases.

I've thought about their feelings. :)
Nobody thinks about my feelings, or even remembers them.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ablationaaa457, Interloper, ultrasharpy123456 and 4 others
T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
Recently I started feeling like only people from SaSu truly can understand what suicidal people go through.
I was in similar situation as you, but it was my drunk father choking me as hard as he could and as I started to choke him out - my mother came from behind and started hitting me, blaming me for every thing that went bad in this family. I was thrown out of THEIR (as they always say) house, slept on a small dam in the middle of winter and obviously I had to apologize, not my father. I WAS TO BLAME FOR HIM BEING DRUNK.
Their attitude towards me started changing after my 4th attempt, which they thought was my first (well, they don't know shit about me, I hate them to the guts.)
They became more supportive in their own way, acting as if I were a child. No, it doesn't help. I still want to CTB as much as I did on August 14th 2022.
You have a nice community here that may be of help, but what you truly need is help from people close to you. When you don't have such a rare thing as compassion from others, it doesn't get worse.
It probably wouldn't change much, but have you tried seeing a therapist of some sorts? Even though that didn't help me at all, some people seem to get better.

What you need now is peace and that is what I can wish you, cause there's nothing more I would be able to do really..

• Hugs
Reactions: dialogos
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
It looks like everyone in the family is disfuntional and I'm sorry if they can't look out for you since they can't even help themselves. You can't expect much from them, they may even make you worse. Is there anyone capable you can go to help you sort yourself out? Like a counselor or even a Church? Its really important to have support when you're going thru an existential crisis. I wish I can help but I'm in Asia

Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
You probably should have called the police on your brother, but I can understand not wanting to add more drama to an already unpleasant situation.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

People treat suicidal people like shit.

U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
wtf I'm sorry that happened to you