• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

JayBot2005

Aug 23, 2020
Hi!

I'm a 27 year old male and I've never considered myself an alcoholic but I've definitely been a problem drinker on and off, mostly as a way to stave off suicidal thoughts and be able to function socially. These past few months I've been drinking twice a week, not to the point of blacking out or anything, but I've been drinking quite a lot. I had hangovers that lasted 2-3 days but that didn't deter me from drinking. Last friday I drank at a club with my friends and it got a bit out of hand. Following this, I had a hangover for a week and on the eighth day I started feeling tingling in my feet and numbness in my hands along with tremors. This affected my balance and I felt "round" underneath my feet. This alone made me vow to stop drinking entirely and I think I'll be able to do that, but I'm worried about permanent damage to my nerves and that this will last forever. I went to the hospital and got a vitamin B1 injection. I've read that alcoholic neuropathy is reversible if caught early and the alcohol intake is ceased but I'm scared to death that this will last a life time. I'm now taking vitamin B supplements daily and I'm on day 10 since my last drink. My balance is slightly improved but the tingling is still there.

I had been enjoying a few months without suicidal thoughts up until this point and I was able to enroll back in school for the fall semester. Now I feel like I've hit a hurdle that I just can't bear. I feel like I'm doomed to forever have bad balance, slow reaction times and tingly hands and feet. I know this might not be rational seeing as from the literature I've read, this is in many cases completely reversible if you stop drinking and take vitamins. But I can't help feeling that as soon as I get better, a spanner is thrown into the works and I have to start all over again. I'm bipolar, which is a big enough of a daily struggle but if I were to get permanent nerve damage from overindulging in alcohol, I don't know how I would cope. Does anyone here have personal experience with this condition or maybe you know someone who's had it.

I already felt disabled mentally due to my bipolar disorder and now I'm readying for a life of physical disability too. I just want to end it all.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Shivali and Lost Magic
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
I would just keep taking the vitamin b and look into rubbing Capsaicin cream on your feet and hands. I would lay off the booze for a while and see if you can get prescribed something to help with your bipolar like lithium. Good luck to you!

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and ojinzo
Idkaho2

Idkaho2

Dec 18, 2021
Oh, I can actually relate to this. I've been drinking heavily for the past 4 years or so (~700ml vodka/day), 22 years old. I only recently started developing alcoholic neuropathy in my feet/hands and it's been spooking me a lot too. I've been prescribed 200mg Thiamine/day and vitamin B compound 3x/day. It's surprising you developed it so quickly drinking twice a week, even, I drank daily for the past 4 years. You shouldn't be worried about it lasting forever if you're able to stop drinking - it's wholly reversible through supplementation and abstinence, I know this from talking to multiple alcoholic friends I know from therapy.

Reactions: JayBot2005
L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
Don't fool around with neuropathy. That's basically why I'm here. Mine is not alcohol related and I've had it for a long time and i's not going away. You've only had it briefly. It should go away if you can stop drinking.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Idkaho2 and JayBot2005