T

thatisitguy

Jul 11, 2024
Is anyone familiar with the method of injecting air into your veins as a CTB method? Nothing fancy but sticking a needle into your vein and shooting up air.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
You need at least ~60mL of air. That's a hell of a lot of air. And it would have to be slammed. So you would have to somehow handle a 60mL syringe (which would be MASSIVE for you to be trying to use one handed since your other arm will be where you're getting the vein, and that's only the minimum amount so it might not even be enough to work) and slam it into your vein without losing your grip. This also risks blowing the vein. And like I said, 60mL is the minimum, you may go through this just to find out it's not enough. Air embolisms are very rare in adults due to the sheer amount that has to enter at such a rapid rate without the vein blowing.

• Informative
Reactions: davidtorez and Whale_bones
G

glmtb77

Aug 12, 2024
You need at least ~60mL of air. That's a hell of a lot of air. And it would have to be slammed. So you would have to somehow handle a 60mL syringe (which would be MASSIVE for you to be trying to use one handed since your other arm will be where you're getting the vein, and that's only the minimum amount so it might not even be enough to work) and slam it into your vein without losing your grip. This also risks blowing the vein. And like I said, 60mL is the minimum, you may go through this just to find out it's not enough. Air embolisms are very rare in adults due to the sheer amount that has to enter at such a rapid rate without the vein blowing.
I wonder about a mixture of:
Anesthetic: Usually sodium thiopental or pentobarbital, but some states use midazolam
Paralytic agent: Pancuronium bromide, also known as Pavulon
Potassium chloride: Stops the heart
All, simultaneously injected? Seems like that would have the effect. It works pretty well on death row but is done in sequence.
Or as vets use just a pentobarbital IV ?
I have no idea I am still trying to figure out a decent way to have the rights to my own body without incriminating my relatives lol.