satanpixidreamgirl

satanpixidreamgirl

sleepy
Feb 28, 2024
I've been job searching for a long while, and for many factors its hard, I live in a rural town, don't have reliable transportation, don't have a clean record (I might talked about that in the past on here I'm not sure), and I dropped out of high school during the last year (I'm working on my diploma now). Most jobs will just ghost you after the application, you can call back and go in for and interview and they still won't call you back. It's really frustrating trying to get hired, so when this local convenient store chain called me back I said yes ofc.
Hasn't even been a week and I'm hating it because idk, I guess I'm kinda stupid and not easy to train, but there's a lot to it that other retail jobs don't make you do, and when I come home I'm so mentally tired from all of it I'm having severe chest pains, nightmares, moreso than usual. I hate interacting with people, I can do it, it's just terrifying. The person training me is an openly racist middle age white woman who is rude to everyone and my manager is just kinda clueless about everything. The negativity of the woman literally just makes it worse.
It sounds stupid but its not that I cant work, I've worked in production and It wasn't that stressful at all to me

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cowboypants, AvwJ, DefinitelyReady and 5 others
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Some jobs it's not the work but the people who you gotta work with the problem. Maybe once the bitch done training you it'll be easier. I hope so.

• Love
Reactions: satanpixidreamgirl and Linda
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I've been job searching for a long while, and for many factors its hard, I live in a rural town, don't have reliable transportation, don't have a clean record (I might talked about that in the past on here I'm not sure), and I dropped out of high school during the last year (I'm working on my diploma now). Most jobs will just ghost you after the application, you can call back and go in for and interview and they still won't call you back. It's really frustrating trying to get hired, so when this local convenient store chain called me back I said yes ofc.
Hasn't even been a week and I'm hating it because idk, I guess I'm kinda stupid and not easy to train, but there's a lot to it that other retail jobs don't make you do, and when I come home I'm so mentally tired from all of it I'm having severe chest pains, nightmares, moreso than usual. I hate interacting with people, I can do it, it's just terrifying. The person training me is an openly racist middle age white woman who is rude to everyone and my manager is just kinda clueless about everything. The negativity of the woman literally just makes it worse.
It sounds stupid but its not that I cant work, I've worked in production and It wasn't that stressful at all to me
Stick at it for a while. Somtimes unpleasant jobs become a bit less unpleasant as you get used to them and figure out ways of coping. If it remains intolerable even after you have done that, it may be time to quit.

satanpixidreamgirl

satanpixidreamgirl

sleepy
Feb 28, 2024
Stick at it for a while. Somtimes unpleasant jobs become a bit less unpleasant as you get used to them and figure out ways of coping. If it remains intolerable even after you have done that, it may be time to quit.
Worked with a few younger people on a different shift and they made it easier

• Love
Reactions: Linda