°Celsuis_Caesar

°Celsuis_Caesar

Sanctioned Suicide is well worth a mass
Jan 10, 2022
(Rant/Vent post)

I don't know anymore, man.

Basically everyone and their mothers have an idea about what is after death, eternal sleep, fire and brimstone, reincarnation?

Reincarnation is a bother to me, all this effort to CTB and you're reborn, maybe it's 100 years later and your born as a fool again or something, hell some people say you reincarnate in 1 year, F that, that sucks for us people

Though I do not want to be a downer and disregard whatever after-life you believe in I also wish to CTB with full knowledge I won't come back… broken or worse through reincarnation.

Reactions: natali4 and ShornSoloists
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
It isn't

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, °Celsuis_Caesar and Toxic Positivity
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
There has never been any scientific evidence at all to suggest that reincarnation is even possible. I feel pretty confident that there is no afterlife at all, it just doesn't make sense from a scientific point of view and I trust science because it has a pretty good track record of being able to cure diseases and put people into space, etc.

We live in a material universe, there has never been evidence of anything immaterial or non-material existing so this idea that we have an invisible soul that floats away from your body and then lands in a new body to reincarnate is just stupid. Consciousness as far as we can tell is tied to brain functions, and once the brain stops working that's pretty much it for your consciousness. It's like turning off the computer, the image on the screen goes blank.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Blondi, ShornSoloists, °Celsuis_Caesar and 4 others
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

I just want to be myself again
Dec 15, 2021
Please turn me off

• Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, °Celsuis_Caesar, Toxic Positivity and 1 other person
J

justtiredofit

Feb 14, 2022
I mentioned this in another topic, but there's an old joke about reincarnation, something along the lines of "if people really believe in reincarnation, why don't they leave their stuff to themselves when they die?" If there really is reincarnation, I just can't believe I was so evil in a previous life that I deserve this life. Same goes for others.

• Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, °Celsuis_Caesar, BrokenBliss and 1 other person
yeh it's all gucci

yeh it's all gucci

I only care about cats eating corn on the cob.
Mar 4, 2022
No one knows. If reincarnation is real you won't even know that you were here before so what difference will it make? You could come back as anything, except yourself, which is your current problem. Maybe you would lead a long happy life as an elephant. You never know.

Reactions: °Celsuis_Caesar
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
who knows but i do hope its the end for all time because this universe has nothing to offer but a living misery

Reactions: Hotsackage
yeh it's all gucci

yeh it's all gucci

I only care about cats eating corn on the cob.
Mar 4, 2022
I do. There has never been any evidence to support the belief in reincarnation, ever.
Lol you don't. No one knows how it would work, you could die and instantly be whatever the next thing to be alive is with zero knowledge, how would there possibly be evidence of this.
Ehh this is a stupid conversation to be having, I'm not going to argue such a ridiculous concept of knowing what no one could possibly know. Good luck to you.

Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
you could die and instantly be whatever the next thing to be alive is with zero knowledge
Not really because that would suggest that consciousness has some kind of property that we don't have evidence of. That would suggest consciousness is somehow immaterial and not connected to the brain/body, it defies everything we know about the nature of life and the universe itself.
Death doesn't exist?
Sure, but only in the sense that life doesn't really exist.

Scientists have a real hard time deciding how to define life, what makes one thing alive and another thing inanimate. If nothing is ever really alive, it can't ever really be dead. What makes up "you" is just a collection of molecules and chemicals, it's just a series of biological a processes that started with RNA/DNA strands formed from proteins that interacted in such a way and then it just got more complex from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blondi
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

Dec 15, 2021
Not really because that would suggest that consciousness has some kind of property that we don't have evidence of. That would suggest consciousness is somehow immaterial and not connected to the brain/body, it defies everything we know about the nature of life and the universe itself.
Sure, but only in the sense that life doesn't really exist.

Scientists have a real hard time deciding how to define life, what makes one thing alive and another thing inanimate. If nothing is ever really alive, it can't ever really be dead. What makes up "you" is just a collection of molecules and chemicals, it's just a series of biological a processes that started with RNA/DNA strands formed from proteins that interacted in such a way and then it just got more complex from there.
So the computer will never turn back on is what your saying?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The idea of reincarnation is horrible as we live in such an unfair and cruel world. However I do not believe that there is anything after death, I believe that there is eternal nothingness. Death is freedom from all pain and suffering and it is an end to all our problems.

Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
What are we but complicated biological machines?
So the computer will never turn back on is what your saying?
Pretty much, although some people theorize that they could download their consciousness into a computer someday, or I guess if we had the medical tech to preserve a brain perfectly at the moment of death and then had some way to reanimate it or transplant it or something but that's really more in the realm of science fiction.

Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Short answer appears to be "no", there's certainly no evidence of anything convincing. I know, there are instances of parapsychology, where some kid suddenly babbles on about having his plane shot down over Iwojima, etc. Not convincing enough to me.

Now there are some other folks that argue we don't know what consciousness is (we don't) and that there's some quantum brain function thingie that gets sucked into another universe which can't communicate with this one…I'm not nearly smart enough to figure that out. Again, if you stick to probability, the answer is no.

jimmy7754

jimmy7754

Dec 15, 2021
Couldn't we just be observing our lives in a simulation?

Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
There is that too. I'm going to go with my theory that no intelligence with that kind of computing power is going to simulate me. That would be like building the CERN particle accelerator in Switzerland to race cockroaches…