• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Guys! For many days now, I have been watching videos on YouTube to learn more about installing a regulator on a cylinder and about gas welding.

There is one important point that concerns regulators with a rotameter.

ALL the gas welders in the video said that initially the regulators were set to the maximum gas consumption (English is not my language, so I do not know how to convey the information more accurately)

What do I mean by that:
If you turn the knob on the rotameter just a little, then the ball in the rotameter will be at the very top.
And this makes it very difficult to regulate the flow of inert gas

Therefore, all welders use a hex wrench to slightly change the gearbox.
This is done so that the gas flow rate on the rotameter can be adjusted NORMALLY

Watch the video that I attached.
The video is in Russian, but I hope that you will clearly understand what it is about.

And the most important thing. I have a question.:

HAS ANYONE EVER ADJUSTED THE REGULATOR IN THIS WAY WITH A HEX KEY?
DID YOU SUCCEED?
PLEASE TELL ME, PLEASE!

WATCH THE VIDEO STARTING AT 6:50

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Honestly, I think you're overthinking things. He's probably doing that because he's using it for welding.
The factory sets them up at the right setting before selling them.

I've seen a regulator working; you just close the flowmeter/rotameter valve, then you open the cylinder valve fully to let the gas through. Then you open the flowmeter bit by bit to get the LPM you want. The flowmeter/rotameter ball doesn't shoot up straight away.

Reactions: Justnotme
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Honestly, I think you're overthinking things. He's probably doing that because he's using it for welding.
The factory sets them up at the right setting before selling them.

I've seen a regulator working; you just close the flowmeter/rotameter valve, then you open the cylinder valve fully to let the gas through. Then you open the flowmeter bit by bit to get the LPM you want. The flowmeter/rotameter ball doesn't shoot up straight away.
Many videos show that the ball flies up, even if you twist the rotameter handle very slightly (that is, the maximum gas consumption is immediately set)
, Which is why welders change the reducter with a hex key, and then turn the rotameter handle, because otherwise, from the slightest touch to the rotameter, the rotameter shows a very high gas consumption
And it's not about gas welding, but the fact that we also need to set not the maximum gas consumption (l/min), but 15-25 l/min

Have you seen in the video how the rotameter reducter works or have you seen it in real life?

Maybe you've seen the reducter work with a rotameter that has already been set up with a hex key?

These are too important things, so I can't pass them by.
After all, leaving this world is a serious matter in which mistakes should not be made..

And I am very glad that these difficult moments can be discussed at the forum

Reactions: limeoctave
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I get it, you're planning to leave this world, you are correct in wanting to get everything right.

Yes, I've seen it in real life, I've turned the knob myself on the rotameter/regulator, and the ball slowly rose as I turned it.

You can always adjust the one you buy, with a hex nut or whatever, if you want to, like these videos you're watching.

Maybe PM that welder who responded to your other thread about the worn cylinder?

Reactions: Justnotme
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
I get it, you're planning to leave this world, you are correct in wanting to get everything right.

Yes, I've seen it in real life, I've turned the knob myself on the rotameter/regulator, and the ball slowly rose as I turned it.

You can always adjust the one you buy, with a hex nut or whatever, if you want to, like these videos you're watching.

Maybe PM that welder who responded to your other thread about the worn cylinder?
I had a little chat with the person who talked to me about my top hat.
But this person probably doesn't have time to reply to me yet, because he didn't respond to my old message.

I'm not offended if they don't answer me) I ask a lot of long questions :)

Well... I'll be waiting for the argon regulator to be delivered to me.

It would be "funny" if my nitrogen ended up being contaminated.
Then I'll definitely get hysterical...

Reactions: Tears in Rain
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020

How much did the body resist when you watched? Do you recommend the reclining chair or do you think other restraints are better?

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
How much did the body resist when you watched?
I wasn't watching anyone die!šŸ˜†
I was just checking out that the regulator fitted into the cylinder properly and tightly. Like I said to @IamVerySad , I turned the regulator knob slowly, and the ball in the flowmeter rose slowly. It didn't shoot up, like they said they saw in videos.

Do you recommend the reclining chair or do you think other restraints are better?
Some people, like @GasMonkey, planned to use a reclining chair.
Others use an armchair, or lie in bed. Up to yourself.
Yeah, probably best to use tie down/lashing straps for the body and arms.
Screenshot 20240116 102951

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: limeoctave and rozeske