Q

quantumdynamics

Too old for this h*ck
Oct 28, 2018
Hi.

I need to test liquid N. I obtained EXIT INT.'S qualitative test kit. As in, it can give me a yes or no answer regarding the presence of barbiturates. However, in this youtube video you can see how it is being used to receive a quantitative result, as in "how pure is it".

My question is, can this method (or any other method) be used to obtain a quantitative result using the qualitative kit, for LIQUID veterinary N? It is claimed to have ~12 gram of active substance, and the overall solution is ~33 ml.

Advice is much appreciated.

Peace be upon all kind souls.

Reactions: Winona, Greenboop, therhydler and 3 others
killing me softly

killing me softly

don't wake me, i plan on sleeping in
Dec 28, 2018
interesting question. i don't have a definitive answer, but here is what i was able to gather, fwiw:

first, some observations about the testing kit:
- the test kit states it tests for the presence of barbiturates, but does not state it specifically tests for sodium pentobarbital which is the active ingredient for N
- although the testing kit is listed as quantitative it is important to note it does not appear to be designed to give a definitive concentration
- you will need to calculate the liquid equivalent of the 200mgs of powder for the concentration you have
- note that you will need 3 of the qualitative test cassettes

with that said, it would appear performing the test on the vet form of N should work:
- the concentration of sodium pentobarbital in Nembutal is 50mg/ml; therefore a 100ml bottle would contain 5.0g which is less than the 6.3g/100ml that is contained in the veterinarian form of Pisabental (assuming that is the form you have)
- as a result, if the pisabental is as concentrated as it states you should expect to see similar results

*i certainly am no expert and have not done this testing myself; this is based purely on observations and limited research.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morpheus, Lifeisatrap, BellaKAT and 1 other person
Q

quantumdynamics

Too old for this h*ck
Oct 28, 2018
hmm, thinking about my risks here and how to manage them. I should read on combining methods.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Q

quantumdynamics

Too old for this h*ck
Oct 28, 2018
I just opened the package and I have just a single testing mechanism.
Even if the answer is yes, I don't see why I should go that way if I have an accessible, more certain alternative such as SN. (I ordered the N before I was aware of SN as an option).
Maybe it's also a good idea to combine both of those methods, but that too will require research.

However, if I will get a positive answer, it might have a significant meaning to the pro-choice community:
Because I ordered my N from a supplier deemed a scammer by everyone. While this single test result, if positive, will not establish him as a trustworthy source unequivocally, it will indicate a reduced risk for those who have no other supplier, or for those who are interested in a more superior, more concentrated medicine.

I wanna think about this a bit more. I will probably test it in the next few days, and will post my result in this thread.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and killing me softly
Q

quantumdynamics

Too old for this h*ck
Oct 28, 2018
The only thing that keeps me from testing it - is I do not know for certain HOW TO.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and HannibalLector
H

HannibalLector

Student
Jul 5, 2018
The only thing that keeps me from testing it - is I do not know for certain HOW TO.

The procedure is similar to a pregnant test

Qualitative nembutal test - liquid nembutal

Withdraw liquid with the syringe. Then apply 0.1 ml of the liquid on absorbent tip (of the test kit).

(important, result should be obtained between 5-10 minutes after procedure)
PPeH - chapter: "Testing nembutal" (look for further details and how to read result)

Reactions: Morpheus, Lifeisatrap and killing me softly
killing me softly

killing me softly

don't wake me, i plan on sleeping in
Dec 28, 2018
The procedure is similar to a pregnant test

Qualitative nembutal test - liquid nembutal

Withdraw liquid with the syringe. Then apply 0.1 ml of the liquid on absorbent tip (of the test kit).

(important, result should be obtained between 5-10 minutes after procedure)
PPeH - chapter: "Testing nembutal" (look for further details and how to read result)
that was one section i had neglected to read. @quantumdynamics, you can read the entire thing by downloading the pph found in the resources section. well worth it as it not only details the qualitative test you have but offers other methods as well. also, there are a couple of other interesting points that are important. it does state that the qualitative test cassette is specific to detecting nembutal, in contrast to my earlier observation from the video. also, the version of the ppeh i have (oct 2018) states the qualitative test should be read at 5 min, and are not reliable at 10.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Q

quantumdynamics

Too old for this h*ck
Oct 28, 2018
my friends, I already read that chapter through and through. It specifically refers to the sterile version of liquid nembutal. It is different from my version both in concentration and consistency. I only have enough consumables for one test, and I don't want to screw this up.
also @killing me softly - unfortunately, as the EXIT site explains:

The Exit Barbiturate Test Kit provides for the testing of Bariturates (liquid & powder forms). A positive result (red line on the test cassette) indicates the presence of a barbiturat