• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

HabitualRain86

Aug 13, 2021
I voluntarily disclosed a recent episode where I was seriously considering CTB to a good friend, without considering that their work email (which we normally use to converse) is provided through their role within a UK-based private medical organisation. As a consequence of this, my friend felt that there was a professional responsibility to activate the internal safeguarding process to secure my safety from imminent danger and/or self-harm. This manifested into an excruciating phone call from my friend, conducted with their safeguarding manager sat alongside them, as they went through a "danger to self" assessment process. I was open & honest, doing my level best to reassure them that I was not in immediate danger (I'm not) and, to this end, I provided verbal consent for them to contact my GP and psychiatrist (I provided their contact details) to help reassure them that I am actively receiving treatment and support (I am).

I apologised profusely to my friend, recognising the difficult position that I had unintentionally placed them in, but I am now concerned that other disclosures - unrelated to self-harm or harm to others, but personal in nature & spread through emails exchanged over several years - might now inadvertently surface as part of (a) an investigation in their organisation and/or (b) enquiries made by my GP or psychiatrist in response to contact made with them. The possibility of unintended and unwanted disclosure of any number of very personal, private emails - for example - back to my partner and family is now filling me with fear and anxiety, despite my knowledge of their professional obligations around confidentiality.

I am thinking of writing another email to my friend, apologising for creating this unfortunate situation, but also intending to provide them with legally-sound reassurance that I am (a) competent to make my own decisions; (b) I wish to stop any further disclosures from their side; and (c) I am not a danger to myself or others. I have spent much of a (mainly sleepless) night reading documents such as the Mental Health Act (amended 2007); the Care Act (2014); the Mental Capacity Act (2005); the BMA's Adults at risk advice; and more, but I would welcome any recommendations as to the most watertight phrase(s) to use to help provide plausible and acceptable cover to avoid any further or unwanted disclosures.

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Just say you're not suicidal anymore? Shit ain't rocket science. Could throw something in about having "found God" or having "met someone special".

Last edited: