• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

alivefornow

alivefornow

thinking about it
Feb 6, 2023
I can only speak for myself but other members can weigh in if they are so inclined.

If you are a lurker, a grieving relative or a brit journalist, stick around and learn something!

1. "If you really wanted to die, you would have done it already."

Sometimes, I have next to no control over my thoughts, especially if I am idling and my mind wanders. Isn't that how it works? You can't always choose which thoughts surface in your mind, especially in an emotionally distraught state. They just do, and you have to deal with their presence.

I have had daily thoughts of suicide every day for years. They change in intensity, frequency and method. Lately I have been obsessing about blasting my forehead with a sawed-off shotgun. I picture my blood and brains splattering on the surroundings. I also think about strapping myself with explosives and blowing myself up in an empty place, to be found in bloody gibs by people afterwards. Fucked up, innit? That's what goes on in my head several times every couple of minutes. šŸ˜

Some people who commit suicide just had the idea, others have had the intention for years. Some people who kill themselves didn't really want to, others do want to die, but can't, for various reasons.

Every human experience is unique.

2. "Killing yourself is an act of courage/cowardice."

In my opinion, both opinions are mal-informed. Suicide often is, however, an act of desperation.

There is a pain in my body, making my heart ache, weakening my limbs and taking away my ability to feel joy.

I don't know what exactly is the cause of it, but I know it has been with me for most of my life, and that it is related to my emotions, my regrets and the failure I see in myself.

I believe that when I think about causing my death, that is related to despair, more so than courage or cowardice, as perceived by others. The times when I got the closest to it were when I felt the most desperate, because the pain felt too much to take.

3. "There is always a way out."

You must realize what you're asking here: I, whose pain you have no way of knowing, should endure it and cling to the possibility of recovery, which may or may not be real.

You might not know what it feels like to be not just sad, but emotionally broken and physically weakened by depression, every second of every day. It really feels like there is no end to it.

If I keep going and stay depressed and broken for the rest of my life, you, who guilt-tripped me into staying alive, cannot be held accountable.

I am the one who has to endure this hell, so YOU can feel better about yourself. I have to live in pain to protect YOUR feelings.

4. "You need [insert solution]."

I think it is insensitive to say this without considering I might have already tried to get help or even fix this myself, but couldn't. It implies I am choosing to feel this way, or that I just didn't try hard enough.

At this point, I am not looking to get better anymore, because I don't believe it's possible. So if you really want to lend a hand, either help me end my life or take a hike!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Heartaches, Loona6546645, Justnotme and 7 others
kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
This is an excellent post, you cover all your points accurately and clearly

I'd like to add one more misconception: "Suicide is selfish". This isn't true, suicide is a way to escape from extreme pain and suffering, because more often than not, those who commit suicide are going through absolute hell and can't escape from it. Most suicidal people see death as peaceful because they cannot find peace in this world. People don't commit suicide to hurt others, they do it to free themselves from suffering and pain because living is unbearable. People commit suicide for THEMSELVES. Obviously their loved ones will be hurt, but, as you've rightfully said, suicide is an act of desperation. An escape from suffering. You have to be REALLY desperate to kill yourself, which is something a lot of people sadly don't understand

• Love
Reactions: Heartaches, Loona6546645 and Justnotme
gayayi4811

gayayi4811

Aug 23, 2024
There is a pain in my body, making my heart ache, weakening my limbs and taking away my ability to feel joy.

I don't know what exactly is the cause of it, but I know it has been with me for most of my life, and that it is related to my emotions, my regrets and the failure I see in myself.
I'm very sorry.

• Love
Reactions: Loona6546645