John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
So I am currently on amlodipine and atenolol for my hypertension but my blood pressure seems to be rising again after a short period of time after starting amlodipine where it went down to around 117/77. Here are some supplements that I have found online that supposedly lower blood pressure. For many of these I have references to studies and metaanalysis that show how effective they are. The problem I have with starting these is that there is the possibility that mixing some of them together may make blood pressure worse such as in the case of grape seed extract and vitamin c. Therefore, I have come here to see if anyone has experimented with any of the following, together or alone. If so, please explain how it/they effected you. And if you want to see the studies I have on many of these just ask. Thanks!

taurine

potassium

calcium

magnesium

k2

hibiscus

hawthorne

gotu

kola

vitamin d

garlic

basil

cardamom

celery seed

cat's claw

dhea

fish oil

vitamin c

coq10

chia seed

pycnogenal (pine bark extract)

weigh protein

grape seed extract

olive leaf extract

vitamin e

quercitin

blueberry

fennel

misteltoe

hawthorne berry

valerian root

kava

mulungu tea

lemon balm

ginger

catechins

sterols

steviosides

resveratrol

beet juice

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
@ John Smith have you tried going vegan? Lots of people are reporting huge reversals in many chronic illnesses with it, especially those dealing with the cardiovascular system. I figure it wouldn't hurt to maybe try it for a while and see if you improve.

Interesting documentary here on it if you want more info.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals