Jeko

Jeko

Jul 21, 2018
Hey guys. Just wanting to know if anyone else is going through what I'm.

The main reason that suicide comes thru my mind is because of my acne - I have a lot of blackheads, that people mostly can't see, even they being on my nose, and from time to time I deal with those internal pimples that make me lose my mind. I often hurt the place it's located, although I don't do other stuff on my arms etc. It's something directly related with my self steem, which is pretty fucked up, even having a nice/pretty gf.

Besides that, I have a lot of indecision about which profession I should engage with. I'm in the last year of my law college and still doesn't know if I want to leave my country or be a judge in here.

Lately these things are making me lose classes (I didn't go to school for a whole week) and being unable to leave my house. I'm taking medicine now, since my gf made me go to a
psychiatrist

well thats it, sorry for this just wanting to talk

Reactions: Dead_Inside and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
I don't have acne – anymore, anyway – but I have moderate sebaceous hyperplasia, which is similarly disfiguring. I wouldn't say it's part of what makes me want to ctb, but only because I have just given up on caring about that part of my appearance because I am so preoccupied with other things.

If I wasn't so worried about those other things that cause me to want to ctb, then I would probably have more space to feel shitty about my skin.

Reactions: Strumgewehr, dysfunctional, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I can relate. I used to have very bad acne. I finally got it under control. Here are a few things that helped me: hormone pills (only for women though), low dose vitamin A and vitamin D. I was vitamin D deficient and apparently that can cause acne too. There is lots or research on daily recommended amounts of vitamins that you can read but I truly believe that taking those 2 vitamins has helped clear my acne. Standing out in the sun for about 30-45 min a week also cleared my skin. I even use an at home blue light/red light that is similar to the ones they use in the dermatologist office. Cutting down on dariy consumption seemed to help me as well.

For black heads I have found a glycolic acid/salicylic acid wash to be helpful. I have also used a clay type mask to help get rid of blackheads. Im not a Dr of course so I can only tell you whats worked for me personally but have you seen a dermatologist by chance? Pretty much getting rid of acne is one of those trial and error things you just have to see what will help you personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
A

anuglymale

Feb 16, 2019
I have various reasons to hate existence and this is one of them as well, I pretty much have no social circle and all that because people avoid my face. How do I know that it is because of my face - I had friends before I got acne

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo
dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
That sucks about the acne, don't really have much advise on it other than washing your face after your hair. That way the oils from your hair don't stay on yer face.
Job decisions, that's a big one. It's why I'm here. I made a critically wrong decision when I had two job options. If I learned anything its that too much life change/travel can really fuck you up if you're already depressed or otherwise messed up. I had to quit my medical marijuana practice, drive 2500 miles to a job I knew I wasn't really qualified for, and agreed to alot of things that went against my nature. Its tricky though, cuz sometimes a big change can be helpful.
Oh and you can buy an amzing blackhead removal tool on amazon. Not sure of the name, but its a tool with a little hoop on the end. Dr.Pimple popper from youtube uses them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
Redrock

Redrock

Student
Mar 5, 2019
Don't eat sugar (milk, jam, cookies, coke, chocolate, etc.) and your acne problem will improve in 2 months.

V

Void115

Feb 20, 2019

The main reason that suicide comes thru my mind is because of my acne - I have a lot of blackheads, that people mostly can't see, even they being on my nose, and from time to time I deal with those internal pimples that make me lose my mind. I often hurt the place it's located, although I don't do other stuff on my arms etc. It's something directly related with my self steem, which is pretty fucked up, even having a nice/pretty gf.

Besides that, I have a lot of indecision about which profession I should engage with. I'm in the last year of my law college and still doesn't know if I want to leave my country or be a judge in here.

Lately these things are making me lose classes (I didn't go to school for a whole week) and being unable to leave my house. I'm taking medicine now, since my gf made me go to a
psychiatrist

Your problems looks solvable, so i dont think suicide is the way, but i respect your decision

A

anuglymale

Feb 16, 2019
Don't eat sugar (milk, jam, cookies, coke, chocolate, etc.) and your acne problem will improve in 2 months.
Well, it is somewhat impossible not to eat sugar at all

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019

psychiatrist

Dude if acne is your main problem then see a dermatologist. And stick with the medication for your self-esteem issues, perhaps get a therapist. Suicide isn't for you.

As far as your job profession that is no biggie because many if not most people that get a degree don't even stay in the same field they majored in.

TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
Isotretinoin is the only thing that helped me with the acne, although it's pretty extreme medication due to it's possible side effects. I think only a dermatologist can prescribe it for you.

J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Mine won't go away. It's still on my face and back just not as bad as it use to be and hurt my social skills.

• Hugs
Reactions: Flippy
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Having suffered with severe acne I can tell you it can be very traumatic. So anyone that trivialises it needs to have a think. Imagine if the reason you wanted to ctb was attached to your face 24/7!? Not only that but as far as people's attitudes go its fair game for teasing and bullying. And that's before you count the disfigurement it can cause in some cases.

The thing that changed my condition after years of dismissive doctors and useless treatment was benzoyl peroxide. I don't know if the exact function of the chemical is known. All I can say is that it quickly started to turn the tide!

Washes with salycilic acid and masks work wonders for cystic acne but can take a bit of time and dedication. There's a Garnier product I use called the Exfo Brusher that I find is fantastic, though it doesn't seem to be available as easily as it used to be where I live. It has a soft brush applicator and it isn't as weird as it sounds and it really helps improve the texture of your skin besides the main effect of getting to work on those acne causing sebaceous oils. I use it twice at night and follow up with the mask, and I leave it on over night and rinse it off in the morning (well what counts as morning to me).

Diet, well unless you have some vitamin deficiency it unlikely that will be the cause. Not unless you have a dangerously bad diet at any rate. It may be worth getting your doc to do a full blood panel to make sure nothing is out of whack. Your kidneys and liver filter toxins, your skin only becomes involved if they are seriously over burdened. I'm no doctor, this is what I've learned from dealing with the condition.

There is a vitamin A derived treatment (Roacutane I believe it is called) that can really kick the shit out of acne but it can cause extreme suicidal ideation and depression so not necessarily something you would want to go for if you are struggling with such things. If it's offered to you I strongly advise you inform the doctor that you've felt suicidal before so that they can be prepared to help you properly.

I hope that you can resolve this, I know what a huge difference it can make to your optimism. It's definitely something that can be treated and likely cured and once that is underway you might have some more mental CPU runtime to consider how to proceed with your career.

Good luck! :-)

Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
I have terrible skin too. Some doctors prescribe accutane (super effective but bad for you) . I honestly don't think you should die/kill yourself over skin issues.

It's a pro-choice website but I think it's safe to say that most people here feel like suicide should be the very last resort, and the result of a mixture of multiple unfortunate circumstances (mental illness included).

grail

grail

Jun 25, 2021
Most skin issues are very much resolvable in comparison to other appearance insecurities. Definitely see a dermatologist. For moderate acne, get a basic skincare routine (cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen), do healthy lifestyle changes like cleaning up your diet, sleeping enough, and exercising. Try a retinoid once you get down a basic routine too.

J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I have various reasons to hate existence and this is one of them as well, I pretty much have no social circle and all that because people avoid my face. How do I know that it is because of my face - I had friends before I got acne
Same here it's my main issue as to why I want to CTB. I'm sorry you're dealing with the same this ruined my life