Chili

Chili

Sep 27, 2023
My dumbass failed a suicide screener and had "abnormally high scores" despite genuinely trying to pick the ""right"" answers. Made my life so much harder, and now I have to see another doctor

Ffs my own stupidity ig but annoying still

• Hugs
Reactions: SoulWhisperer, etherealspring, Forever Sleep and 3 others
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Unfortunately the only "right" answer if you're trying to avoid involuntary treatment is no to everything. Anything more than never having thoughts or urges to hurt yourself will raise suspicion.

Reactions: Chili
Chili

Chili

Sep 27, 2023
Unfortunately the only "right" answer if you're trying to avoid involuntary treatment is no to everything. Anything more than never having thoughts or urges to hurt yourself will raise suspicion.
I mean, I thought they might throw some trick questions in there. Yeah ofc I feel "sad" sometimes what kind of question is that 😭 I feel like that's a normal human emotion

That is so crazy to me man. I don't want involuntarily treatment I just want my doctor to give me my pills.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair
qualityOV3Rquantity

qualityOV3Rquantity

Student
Jul 27, 2024
"Do you ever feel discouraged about the future or sad about past mistakes?"
"Yeah sometimes"
"Get this man to the psych ward immediately!"

Sorry you're going through this, I hope you don't get held involuntarily!

• Hugs
Reactions: SoulWhisperer, null_blank and Chili
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
That's so crazy. At all of my doctors appointments in the past (before making the decision and starting to actively plan) I was always honest about having suicidal ideations. I always said no though to having a plan, so that probably is what matters

One time I was trying to get my antidepressants refilled and answered honestly to the suicidal ideations question and the nurse straight up said "so if it's not working why do you want to keep taking the medication..?" And looked at me as if I was an idiot. Nothing else came of that. Thanks medical system

Reactions: Chili
voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
ez cop out. I just got out of a relationship so I feel uncomfortable about the line of questioning. Or, the language is not gender specific which is triggering to me. Both should put the 'questioner' in a state of panic leading to a possible deferral for fear of lawsuit. I understand though. We have 1 year physical and mental medicals at my place of employment (though my unstable ass hasn't been found out yet). Always think... what would a normie do?

Chili

Chili

Sep 27, 2023
"Do you ever feel discouraged about the future or sad about past mistakes?"
"Yeah sometimes"
"Get this man to the psych ward immediately!"

Sorry you're going through this, I hope you don't get held involuntarily!
It kind of felt like that, yeah. Of course I do. I just can't believe that answering yes to that is going to make me do extra doctor screening. I legit hate it here bro
That's so crazy. At all of my doctors appointments in the past (before making the decision and starting to actively plan) I was always honest about having suicidal ideations. I always said no though to having a plan, so that probably is what matters

One time I was trying to get my antidepressants refilled and answered honestly to the suicidal ideations question and the nurse straight up said "so if it's not working why do you want to keep taking the medication..?" And looked at me as if I was an idiot. Nothing else came of that. Thanks medical system
They didn't ask me if I have a plan. When I say these questions were general, they were VERY general.

And holy shit I can NOT believe someone said that to you. Literally like... "Haha noo don't kill urself but also stop trying to find a 'cure' because that's not working" I feel like these people just think you're going to miraculously be cured

Last edited:
Reactions: Beyond_Repair
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you'd be so frustrated by that. But anyway I wish you all the best.