Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Well it probably won't be long until I'm fired from my stocking job. I messed up yet again due to my ADHD and cognitive issues. My supervisor got mad at me because I left yesterday instead of staying after even longer to make sure the aisles were organized. She also said I lied about doing one pallet with boxes when I didn't (I literally don't remember if I did or not because of my cognitive issues). Then she talked to me like I was slow because I zoned out and she said put boxes on 2 different pallets instead of 3.Then at the beginning, I was trying to organize my boxes on a cart and figuring out how to go about it and she got upset and said it's not rocket science. And I also kept losing my box cutter which slowed me down a lot đŸ˜”

If my neurologist can't figure out what's wrong with me, I think I'll be done because I can't take this pain anymore and no other job wants someone with bad cognitive issues

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: SelflessBurden, Isisnefert, LifeHasNoOptIn and 12 others
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Well it probably won't be long until I'm fired from my stocking job. I messed up yet again due to my ADHD and cognitive issues. My supervisor got mad at me because I left yesterday instead of staying after even longer to make sure the aisles were organized. She also said I lied about doing one pallet with boxes when I didn't (I literally don't remember if I did or not because of my cognitive issues). Then she talked to me like I was slow because I zoned out and she said put boxes on 2 different pallets instead of 3.Then at the beginning, I was trying to organize my boxes on a cart and figuring out how to go about it and she got upset and said it's not rocket science. And I also kept losing my box cutter which slowed me down a lot đŸ˜”

If my neurologist can't figure out what's wrong with me, I think I'll be done because I can't take this pain anymore and no other job wants someone with bad cognitive issues
'you zoned out' funny expression--Sure brings back memories--For years,in my early 20's did stocking at warehouse type supermarkets and others like Grand Union Albertson's and Sun Supermarkets here in sunny Florida, always the third shift(11 PM to 7 AM)--kept losing boxcutters too and managers always made us do more than we could handle(Stores were open all night then)--Sometimes I'd use the boxcutter wrong and wound up slicing paper towels,or I'd deliberately rip up the marshmallow bags and start eating them--Somebody else would load the pallets with that machine ,wanted no part of that

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: QuietLake, Dead Meat, AloneInCollege and 1 other person
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
There's gotta be some kind of support for you, this isn't fair what you're having to deal with. I'm actually going to look into this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, AloneInCollege and Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
'you zoned out' funny expression--Sure brings back memories--For years,in my early 20's did stocking at warehouse type supermarkets and others like Grand Union Albertson's and Sun Supermarkets here in sunny Florida, always the third shift(11 PM to 7 AM)--kept losing boxcutters too and managers always made us do more than we could handle(Stores were open all night then)--Sometimes I'd use the boxcutter wrong and wound up slicing paper towels,or I'd deliberately rip up the marshmallow bags and start eating them--Somebody else would load the pallets with that machine ,wanted no part of that
I've accidentally sliced so many things and hid them behind things in fear that I would lose my job. I also had to move 2 pallets today and one took me about 10 minutes to put the pallet jack in it because I struggled with trying to get it in

There's gotta be some kind of support for you, this isn't fair what you're having to deal with. I'm actually going to look into this.
I'm not sure if there is đŸ˜” my supervisor probably thinks I'm a dumbass for making so many mistakes and being unable to focus and remember things. I'm losing hope on things getting better. Every time I try to improve my life, things just go downhill more. I was so anxious and stressed last shift that I was stimming more than usual (I also have autism) and was holding back tears when she called me into an office to talk about my productivity and how "I lied" about the pallet

• Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk, QuietLake, Dead Meat and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you suffer so much. This life really is so unfair and it sounds so stressful and tiring what you have to endure. I understand that it is hard to carry on when everything seems so hopeless. I wish you relief from pain in whatever happens.

• Hugs
Reactions: Squiddy
No Entertainment

No Entertainment

Life is a once-in-a-lifetime experience
Apr 25, 2022
Not trying to minimize your problem but can you just put the box cutter in your pocket everytime after you use it?

• Hugs
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Not trying to minimize your problem but can you just put the box cutter in your pocket everytime after you use it?
I try to, but then I end up sitting it down somewhere forgetting it and it gets lost. I ended up spending about 7 minutes one time looking for it before giving up and asking one of my coworkers if he had another one

• Hugs
Reactions: No Entertainment, Dead Meat and WorthlessTrash
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I know how difficult this is. I have a dissociative disorder and zone in and out a lot.

I don't know which country you're in but in my country there is legislation to protect people with disabilities and employers have to make reasonable adjustments for them.

I wonder if there is something like this where you are? I know it can be hard to ask for this sort of thing. I got good advice from a public information service.

I really hope there is some help for you.

• Hugs
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
Sounds like a typical warehouse boss. Work you like a dog for shitty pay. You can do better, screw that lady.

• Hugs
ForbiddenSiren

ForbiddenSiren

Dec 16, 2019
Sorry to hear about that, she sounds like a bitch... Have you tried explaining to her or even her boss about your issue? I'm not sure if it would help but its worth a shot! Once again sorry you're going through this, life is shit :(

• Hugs
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I know how difficult this is. I have a dissociative disorder and zone in and out a lot.

I don't know which country you're in but in my country there is legislation to protect people with disabilities and employers have to make reasonable adjustments for them.

I wonder if there is something like this where you are? I know it can be hard to ask for this sort of thing. I got good advice from a public information service.

I really hope there is some help for you.
I also dissociate due to my PTSD. There are accommodations here, but I don't know what to ask for (I did ask for a pen earlier to write down the aisle location of boxes, but I'm still going pretty slow). I'm afraid of asking for accommodations because the place I'm living in is an at will state and they'll probably say I would be fired for a different reason

Sounds like a typical warehouse boss. Work you like a dog for shitty pay. You can do better, screw that lady.
No one likes her at all. Some people actually want to fight her because she's such a bitch. I really hope she gets fired or quits

Sorry to hear about that, she sounds like a bitch... Have you tried explaining to her or even her boss about your issue? I'm not sure if it would help but its worth a shot! Once again sorry you're going through this, life is shit :(
I haven't tried explaining to her as I feel like she'd say I'm making excuses and one person did go to her boss about her attitude. He called her in and she denied everything she did :(

• Hugs
Reactions: ForbiddenSiren, Dead Meat and rationaltake
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I also dissociate due to my PTSD. There are accommodations here, but I don't know what to ask for (I did ask for a pen earlier to write down the aisle location of boxes, but I'm still going pretty slow). I'm afraid of asking for accommodations because the place I'm living in is an at will state and they'll probably say I would be fired for a different reason

I looked up what an at will state is. Absolutely atrocious is what it is. I know how hard it is trying to hold down a job when you're struggling and have a nasty boss. I hope your boss gets sacked.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ForbiddenSiren, Squiddy and Dead Meat
The Abyss

The Abyss

Why're we still here, just to suffer?
Dec 19, 2019
Those not experiencing "real" problems give no shits & don't appreciate the levels of difficulty associated with such instead preferring to blame & believe they're excuses.

The most unsympathetic & fickle ppl tend to be those fortunate enough to have not been afflicted with serious conditions or life experiences no one would ever want to go through.

I find myself pissed off when I see the spawn of the bourgeois class creating new & twisted things to complain about when we have plenty of unsolved problems in this world; I guess when you have nothing going on you simply create a situation for attention in such cases; this helps no one as it takes attention away from issues such as yours.

I hope you find the solution to your issue but if you do not then do whatever finds you peace & feel no guilt about it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021

Is your supervisor aware of your cognitive issues? Not sure if it would extend her patience with you, or help her to understand…

I probably am giving her too much credit, though; most people are not willing to grant mercy to atypicals. People often give me the advice of "get another job" when I am dealing with people like that, but that advice is pretty bad too, because you're making a coin flip as to whether or not you're going to have lovely and understanding individuals at the next job you find.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I looked up what an at will state is. Absolutely atrocious is what it is. I know how hard it is trying to hold down a job when you're struggling and have a nasty boss. I hope your boss gets sacked.
Me too, she's horrible. I'm dreading going back on Friday as I'm off today

Those not experiencing "real" problems give no shits & don't appreciate the levels of difficulty associated with such instead preferring to blame & believe they're excuses.

The most unsympathetic & fickle ppl tend to be those fortunate enough to have not been afflicted with serious conditions or life experiences no one would ever want to go through.

I find myself pissed off when I see the spawn of the bourgeois class creating new & twisted things to complain about when we have plenty of unsolved problems in this world; I guess when you have nothing going on you simply create a situation for attention in such cases; this helps no one as it takes attention away from issues such as yours.

I hope you find the solution to your issue but if you do not then do whatever finds you peace & feel no guilt about it.
I'm hoping I can find a solution, but so far, I haven't. Ctb is still an option, but I'm trying to see if I can find any others before taking that step

Is your supervisor aware of your cognitive issues? Not sure if it would extend her patience with you, or help her to understand…

I probably am giving her too much credit, though; most people are not willing to grant mercy to atypicals. People often give me the advice of "get another job" when I am dealing with people like that, but that advice is pretty bad too, because you're making a coin flip as to whether or not you're going to have lovely and understanding individuals at the next job you find.
She's not aware, but she probably knows something is wrong with me and doesn't care. She probably thinks I'm slow as I have to repeat what she said to make sure I understand it or ask her to repeat it or ask for more information.

I would just get another job, but it isn't easy with these cognitive issues. I don't know any that would pay enough for me to move out of my emotionally abusive home and work well with my issues. I originally wanted to go back to college, but I feel like I'd probably fail at this point đŸ˜”

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and Anxieyote