Tonic

Tonic

Another human
Sep 11, 2018
It was three in the morning.
My mother saw the thief and yelled, so we immediately woke up and tried to corner him but it was too late. He had escape through the second floor, along with my new phone and all of my parents' cash and identification.

Actually I was planning to move out next week and find some place to die, but this event made me feel like now isn't the right time.

I was kind of a mobile game addict (not really addict per se, but games soothe my soul more than most things out there, so I play games more than average people). Now that the phone is gone and I have to help my parents deal with all the trouble (bank card, id, renovating the house, buying new phone etc,) I suddenly have this weird realization - that we are uniting against some major trial.

This feeling is weird to me because my family has been dysfunctional for so long, I can hardly remember the last time we act together or depend on each others like this.

And I feel like some sort of mighty power has thrown this event into my face to force me to refocus on life and stop wallowing in misery.

Guess all the adrenaline from earlier is still making me high. Once I get used to the situation, I will probably be right back to the negative and suicidal thoughts.

Reactions: RM5998, Dani Paradox, Maravillosa and 8 others
Q

QueenEtna

Gone
Jul 29, 2018
That sucks, I hope the police finds the thief and gets your phone back. Phones can be tracked really easily these days.

Had a thief brake into my house when I was around 6 years old. All they stole was a camera with my baby photo's/videos on it and my playstation 1 lol

Reactions: lv-gras, Dani Paradox, Nofaith and 3 others
RottingFlowerBrains

RottingFlowerBrains

Student
Sep 10, 2018
Once when my sister was deep in addiction she ripped us off on Christmas day and ran off

Reactions: lv-gras, Dani Paradox, Nofaith and 2 others
RottingFlowerBrains

RottingFlowerBrains

Student
Sep 10, 2018
Hope you are okay tonic

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Nofaith
Tonic

Tonic

Another human
Sep 11, 2018
Thank you.

To my surprise, I'm perfectly okay. I lost my phone but I don't feel sad about it at all (instead I feel kind of... relieved, maybe I was really hating myself for sticking to that gadget so much before.)

The one who's not okay is my mother. She still hasn't regained her composure, and couldn't get to work either. She said it's probably because she was the only one who witnessed the entire thing (from when the thief entered her room to when he ran away.)

I never noticed how emotionally weak she is, until now. It made me realize that if I were to die around these parts and let her discover my body, she would be traumatized for the rest of her life.
She had been depressed and suicidal before too. My death would easily break her and lead to the worst scenario.

Before this I never realized I still care about my mother so much. And I also understand why I could never really get along with my father. The way he handles things is just... irritating.

All in all, I'll probably stick around for a little longer until I figure out something better.

Reactions: RM5998, RottingFlowerBrains, lv-gras and 5 others
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
It was three in the morning.
My mother saw the thief and yelled, so we immediately woke up and tried to corner him but it was too late. He had escape through the second floor, along with my new phone and all of my parents' cash and identification.

Actually I was planning to move out next week and find some place to die, but this event made me feel like now isn't the right time.

I was kind of a mobile game addict (not really addict per se, but games soothe my soul more than most things out there, so I play games more than average people). Now that the phone is gone and I have to help my parents deal with all the trouble (bank card, id, renovating the house, buying new phone etc,) I suddenly have this weird realization - that we are uniting against some major trial.

This feeling is weird to me because my family has been dysfunctional for so long, I can hardly remember the last time we act together or depend on each others like this.

And I feel like some sort of mighty power has thrown this event into my face to force me to refocus on life and stop wallowing in misery.

Guess all the adrenaline from earlier is still making me high. Once I get used to the situation, I will probably be right back to the negative and suicidal thoughts.
That sucks :/ I am sorry that happened.

Reactions: lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
sky7

sky7

Student
Aug 21, 2018
Glad he only too stuff and didn't hurt anyone. Still sucks though. It might take some time to get over the sense of violation that occurs with this type thing.

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person