• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

lil mephisto

Feb 19, 2019
Hey all and thank you for reading.

I have a question about cutting my wrists. Im in a situation where I have to cut deep enough for it to be considered serious but I dont intend on cutting all the way to the artery. Im wanting to cut the 3 superficial veins I can see on my wrist and was hoping for someone with medical/anatomy knowledge to tell me if there is any risk of damaging the tendons or nerves if that is all Im trying to do and also maybe how deep Im looking to go?

For more context I will try to explain my situation here shortly, but the above about sums up my question.
Ive been having suicidal thoughts, depression, anxiety since the teenage years(Im 29 now). Some of it started when I was as young as 12 and other parts when I was about 18.

Like a lot of you I would like an easy way out but I dont have the strength or willpower to carry through with a suicide, at least not by hanging or throwing myself off a building, which are my options given I live in a country where nembutal and guns arent available. Im considering SN or Nitrogen but I live with my brother and I dont want him coming home to find me like that so for the foreseeable future that is not an option either - mostly because antiemitics arent available over the counter here either. Because of that Ive decided to try and get into therapy again but I have been told that if I want help I have to be serious about proving that I want to take my own life and thats why I find myself in this situation.

Personally it was always my oppinion that a failed suicide attempt would be the most shameful thing I could do and because of that I want to be 100% sure that i CTB if I try. That has changed however.

I dont know if this is so off topic that its not allowed since this is my first post and Ive generally just been lurking here and on past reddits, but for now I will take my chances as Im a little scared of how this will go.
I do have experience with cutting but I have always used dull knives that would do more tearing than I intend to do this time where I will be using a scalpel.

Sanguinius

Sanguinius

Chicken of ss
Aug 9, 2018
Wtf. Wtf. The nental health system in your contry must be very, very poor.
Hugs 'n love...

I have some ezperience with cutting deeply. If you want to I can explain my technic in pms (i dont want to trigger anyone, as soon as I found this technic I never could cut light again)

Last edited:
I

Intelligent_Lobster

I knew taking this picture would come in handy
Mar 30, 2019
Wtf. Wtf. The nental health system in your contry must be very, very poor.
Hugs 'n love...

I have some ezperience with cutting deeply. If you want to I can explain my technic in pms (i dont want to trigger anyone, as soon as I found this technic I never could cut light again)
Would it be inappropriate of me to ask if you could explain it to me as well?

N

Nifi

Mar 7, 2019
Wtf? Why would you do that? Just say how you're feeling. If they don't want to help you after that please find another therapist.