• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
Sorry if you've already come across me asking questions related to this, and I have OCD so I doubt a lot of things and seek reassurance a lot.

I am planning on a full suspension using rock climbing rope. I think most people seem to agree that full suspension is successful so long as your anchor + ligature don't fail, and that you are not discovered before becoming brain dead. But I've also heard concerns about compressing the jugulars instead of the carotid arteries, or too much pressure on the windpipe, or otherwise inadequate placement of the rope on the neck; some other factors including intense discomfort, even if it's only temporary. I just want to make sure this method will be successful and that I don't survive and become forced to live in a vegetative state.

If partial is better, please let me know and I also don't fully understand the mechanics of partial.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, Ghassane, Disco Biscuit and 4 others
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Partial is hard to pull off. It takes a while to master. Since you're body weight will be held up by your neck alone I wouldn't worry about not compressing your arteries as the rope will compress it. I suggest looking at real life hanging videos on best gore or kaotic for a demonstration.

I know that when I used a belt in between the top of the door my vision went black very quickly. I had a stool beside me that I stood on. I put it there so I can safely abort the attempt. I suggest having a stool of something to stand on in case you don't compress your arteries.

In all hanging videos I have seen of full suspension they all passed out between 8-15 seconds.

Reactions: LADY007 and iDieUDie80
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
Partial is hard to pull off. It takes a while to master. Since you're body weight will be held up by your neck alone I wouldn't worry about not compressing your arteries as the rope will compress it. I suggest looking at real life hanging videos on best gore or kaotic for a demonstration.

I know that when I used a belt in between the top of the door my vision went black very quickly. I had a stool beside me that I stood on. I put it there so I can safely abort the attempt. I suggest having a stool of something to stand on in case you don't compress your arteries.

In all hanging videos I have seen of full suspension they all passed out between 8-15 seconds.
If I don't compress my arteries, I still die, right? But, so long as the rope is directly under my jaw, it should be compressing the carotid arteries, right?

Reactions: rundschlinge78, esse_est_percipi and lostangel
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
Are you serious only 10 seconds?

Reactions: lostangel
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Reactions: rundschlinge78, falloutcarter13 and iDieUDie80
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Partial is generally not more successful. As far as I know, rope positioning should have the loop of the noose around the upper section of your neck, below the jaw. Whether the jugular, carotid or trachea is compressed doesn't really matter from a dying perspective - all of these will kill you. If it is discomfort you are worried about the most I can do is assure you that the weight of your body pulling a cord around your neck provides a lot of pressure, and it is not likely that a correctly-positioned noose will fail to close the blood vessels.

Reactions: mopeyD and iDieUDie80
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
You will need to compress the artery to stop the blood flow to your brain. The veins wont be enough. Here is an image of the area where they are located https://www.google.ie/search?q=caro...ECA4QAw&biw=1366&bih=657#imgrc=yiMwxrH2lS3fPM

8-15 seconds until you pass out. It will take 30 minutes for you to be dead completely.
Can confirm this was the case for me. I did full suspension with a shitty rope made out of a bedsheet in jail and I was totally unconscious in less than 10 seconds. Actually it wasn't even full suspension because the rope/sheet stretched and my foot hit the ground hard enough to break, but the noose pulled so tight that I was still out in 10 seconds. I was cut down after ~3 minutes and was revived with no permanent damage. Make sure you won't be found for as long as possible, for sure...you don't want to come back from that shit. I was already gone, I was so devastated when I came to and realized they had "saved" me. After a split second of pain, confusion, and panic, I saw the bright white light and felt totally at peace...and then there was nothing. Nothing that I remember, anyway. Hope some of this helps.

• Hugs
Reactions: EtherealDisco, mini_weeny, holymouse and 5 others
Ghassane

Ghassane

Feral kitten
Mar 8, 2020
Sorry if you've already come across me asking questions related to this, and I have OCD so I doubt a lot of things and seek reassurance a lot.

I am planning on a full suspension using rock climbing rope. I think most people seem to agree that full suspension is successful so long as your anchor + ligature don't fail, and that you are not discovered before becoming brain dead. But I've also heard concerns about compressing the jugulars instead of the carotid arteries, or too much pressure on the windpipe, or otherwise inadequate placement of the rope on the neck; some other factors including intense discomfort, even if it's only temporary. I just want to make sure this method will be successful and that I don't survive and become forced to live in a vegetative state.

If partial is better, please let me know and I also don't fully understand the mechanics of partial.
Hi, i advise u to go through the wiki about hanging, it's not that long and it'll help with everything ur asking, it's mostly about partial hanging but it's the same idea, u just won't be able to back off while ur in the air plus the pressure on ur neck will be much higher meaning u'll pass out quickly, there's also a lot of full suspension videos and pics of all kind, would definitely help.

Last edited:
Reactions: falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I see a lot of people are recommending you watch videos/view photos of people hanging or hung. You should think about this long and hard before you actually do it, make sure you really want to see. While it might have some value as a learning tool, as others have said, hanging yourself is not exactly rocket science...its a hell of a lot harder to watch someone hang than it is to do it yourself, at least that was my experience. Watching it before you do it may only serve to make you more scared and increase the survival instinct, causing some unnecessary turmoil before/if you do it. Just something to think about.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
I see a lot of people are recommending you watch videos/view photos of people hanging or hung. You should think about this long and hard before you actually do it, make sure you really want to see. While it might have some value as a learning tool, as others have said, hanging yourself is not exactly rocket science...its a hell of a lot harder to watch someone hang than it is to do it yourself, at least that was my experience. Watching it before you do it may only serve to make you more scared and increase the survival instinct, causing some unnecessary turmoil before/if you do it. Just something to think about.
I don't find them too disturbing. Almost all the ones I find though are pretty grainy, or low quality, so it's difficult to try to learn from them.

Reactions: rundschlinge78
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I don't find them too disturbing. Almost all the ones I find though are pretty grainy, or low quality, so it's difficult to try to learn from them.
Always a personal choice! I just think its something everybody should really think about before heading on over to watch some videos, that's all =)

D

dman12009

Oct 1, 2018
I need to find a high point and get it done with