itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
To: The Pro-Lifer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You humiliate me; desecrate me,
you're gonna enforce your will.
Just give me another treatment plan,
prescribe me another pill.
But it doesn't cure my ill ...

You subjugate me; decide my fate for me,
by your rules and regulations.
Just give me another care plan,
no negotiations.
It's your will-be-done ...

You segregate me; no escape for me,
in your care facilities.
I cannot decide when my time is up,
you decide it for me!
I am not free ...

Written By: Me (itsamadworld) aka: thee-anti-kristee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the past 9 years, I have worked for the same company in various Elderly Care Facilities; generally speaking 65+ (palliative care, home care, long term care, currently-memory care, and hospice).

I would like to be a voice for some of the terminally ill, and what the system determines or CONSIDERS to be terminally-ill- should be re-evaluated! I restate: Because the laws are far too narrow of who is considered terminal!

I intend to express some people's feelings into a poem---- for those that don't have a voice or a choice; those who deem themselves terminal should be considered candidates for death with dignity!

Different voices from the cultural narrative, need to start being considered, and heard! In my state, when it comes to Physician Assisted Suicide, it's illegal. Even in the states where it is legal, the laws are pretty strict.

Thanks for reading.

• Love
Reactions: William Barker, Broken Chimera and nerve