B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
There was some interest expressed about being able to tell your "life story"

The character limit here is 10,000. Which is not nearly enough to say everything you have to say. Plus, the story you spend a long time writing, may go unoticed because it didn't get enough interaction, falling it to be lost in the backlogs, rarely to be seen again. Nothing wrong with that though, this is a discussion forum, not a filing cabinet for all of our words.

So, I made a filing cabinet for all our words.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SSstory/

r/SSstory is a PRIVATE subreddit that will ONLY allow users from this forum to join. The character limit is 40,000, and the way the subreddit will document and display the stories will be much more user friendly for people looking to tell/read a long story. It also will abide by all of Reddit's rules and regulations

If you wish to tell your life story, or a story that is too long for here, one you think only 3 people would be willing to read, come post it there.

If I do not have the support of the mods and admins here, I will shut down the sub and this will go away.

Just an idea I figured I'd put into action, instead of just speculating about it, and see what you guys think.

If you like the idea, but not my execution, I'm open to other ways. I'm just not tech savvy and making a sub reddit is about the limit of what I can do lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeSick, RottingFlowerBrains, Temporarilyabsurd and 5 others
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
I will be leaving my story there to start. It should be up there by tonight or tomorrow.

Reactions: Iwant2sleepforever and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
To join, just request to be approved. Tell me a 4 digit number on this post, and include that 4 digit number in your application so I can confirm that it's you.

Reactions: Donewith_, lv-gras, Iwant2sleepforever and 1 other person
M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
Interesting thread. I have nothing to contribute here but I appreciate that you posted it appropriately to "off topic" - a lot of people forget this.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DeathBecomesMe, lv-gras and 1 other person
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
Interesting thread. I have nothing to contribute here but I appreciate that you posted it appropriately to "off topic" - a lot of people forget this.

Yeaaa I had a good track record until one of my posts just got moved to off topic like 10 minutes ago haha. I should of put it here in retrospect. Sometimes it's not 100% clear where something belongs. Good thing we got mods on it!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DeathBecomesMe and lv-gras
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
Yeaaa I had a good track record until one of my posts just got moved to off topic like 10 minutes ago haha. I should of put it here in retrospect. Sometimes it's not 100% clear where something belongs. Good thing we got mods on it!

might be interested, have already been frustrated at the limits on posts on the private pages, and the limits on post editing on here. not the mods issue just limitations of site.

reason why have already suggested do as another option, and have a tumblr linked to here, but reddit could be good too.

so ty?

https://sanktionerensuizid.tumblr.com/

Reactions: IG959, Ben and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
might be interested, have already been frustrated at the limits on posts on the private pages, and the limits on post editing on here. not the mods issue just limitations of site.

reason why have already suggested do as another option, and have a tumblr linked to here, but reddit could be good too.

so ty?

https://sanktionerensuizid.tumblr.com/

Cool thanks. Just an idea, I wasn't aware of all the resources already available I guess

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and Caustic Cardinals
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
Cool thanks. Just an idea, I wasn't aware of all the resources already available I guess

not a bad idea, and just because they are out there doesn't mean the reddit is a bad idea.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Ben
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018

did come off snappy? sorry if did. didn't mean it if so. bad night.

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
not a bad idea, and just because they are out there doesn't mean the reddit is a bad idea.

Word. It's private too, just for users here. It wouldn't get on anybody's radar.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
Id be keen to have a read ... ( that sounds a bit blase .... I'm gaggin to write me literary tome of me life ....
almost seriously , always had pretensions to writing . And what better audience for the over riding theme of me life ? who knows ..)

are my four numbers ,

Cheers .

Great idea by the way .... although my paranoia siren is blasting in relation to reddits terms and conditions ...but thats just me .

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
Id be keen to have a read ... ( that sounds a bit blase .... I'm gaggin to write me literary tome of me life ....
almost seriously , always had pretensions to writing . And what better audience for the over riding theme of me life ? who knows ..)

are my four numbers ,

Cheers .

Great idea by the way .... although my paranoia siren is blasting in relation to reddits terms and conditions ...but thats just me .

You've been approved! Congratulations on being the first member haha. Maybe we can beef it up with a couple stories and give people a reason to join!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018

are my four numbers ,

Cheers .

Also regarding Reddit's rules, it's a private sub, and we can still tell our story by still following their rules. If it gets reported, it's because somebody here did it.

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
You've been approved! Congratulations on being the first member haha. Maybe we can beef it up with a couple stories and give people a reason to join!

thanks .

I'm drifting towards a star wars episodic epic , ( modest aspirations....)

That will involve planning and forward thinking .... obviously not my strong suit .

Just recently I saw the virtue of the 'short story '

( a form I have always loathed for it's seeming lack of meat and depth.)

But now I see it as an extended poem , focusing on a symbolic moment , event ...
and i can see I may milk a few of those 'events' inside the 'storm o life' ....

in between composing all the other master pieces ...
( grandiosity much ... ? )
or maybe I'll just vent

Don't know whether I'm serious or joking half the time .

I'm falling into the aesthetic self conscious chasm ........ heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.

Been the bane of me life .

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and Ben
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
thanks .

I'm drifting towards a star wars episodic epic , ( modest aspirations....)

That will involve planning and forward thinking .... obviously not my strong suit .

Just recently I saw the virtue of the 'short story '

( a form I have always loathed for it's seeming lack of meat and depth.)

But now I see it as an extended poem , focusing on a symbolic moment , event ...
and i can see I may milk a few of those 'events' inside the 'storm o life' ....

in between composing all the other master pieces ...
( grandiosity much ... ? )
or maybe I'll just vent

Don't know whether I'm serious or joking half the time .

I'm falling into the aesthetic self conscious chasm ........ heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.

Been the bane of me life .

I like the way you talk, looking forward to what you put there!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Temporarilyabsurd and lv-gras
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
on there

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Temporarilyabsurd and Ben
RottingFlowerBrains

RottingFlowerBrains

Student
Sep 10, 2018
Keen beans!! I'll have to make the Reddit account when I get home for town

RottingFlowerBrains

RottingFlowerBrains

Student
Sep 10, 2018
@Ben I made a Reddit account but can't see where to join the group. I can't even find the group and when I click your link it just says I don't have access

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
@Ben I made a Reddit account but can't see where to join the group. I can't even find the group and when I click your link it just says I don't have access

Just tell me your account name here and I'll approve you!

RottingFlowerBrains

RottingFlowerBrains

Student
Sep 10, 2018
Just tell me your account name here and I'll approve you!
Thank You! Its RottenFlowerBrains with a en not ing like this account

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
Thank You! Its RottenFlowerBrains with a en not ing like this account

You've been approved. That makes 4 of us now. It's empty still but it will fill. I'm still working on the sidebar and figuring out how to be a mod, then I'm going to add some content myself.

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
Feel free to PM if you want to join but don't want to announce your username publicly here

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
I also will need a second mod. I don't plan on being around much longer so it would be nice if somebody who likes the idea would be willing to be in charge of it.

Reactions: lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
LifeSick

LifeSick

Eat the rich or die!
Sep 20, 2018
Hey everyone. I'll be moderating r/SSstory from now on. If you wanna join you can PM me or just post here and I'll add you.

Reactions: lv-gras and Desperate_Soul