• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Student
Nov 9, 2023
Any semblance of societal acceptance is over for me. I always knew everyone would distance themselves from me once I hit 30+ years old and I still haven't had kids to show for it, since that's all anyone seems to want of me. I hated being told as a kid that I was loved, just to be told in the next breath that my life will only be complete if I have children, knowing deep down that I would never want that. Knowing everyone is slowly turning on me, knowing that even my own parents only pretended to care about me under the assumption I'd give them grandchildren, is something I wish I could have known from the very beginning so at least I might have had more time to actually develop my own self-worth. All love I received was actually conditional on the promise of having children, a condition I didn't get to consider when I was born into life against my will. My whole life has just been getting strung along like an idiot, only to have all the chords cut when people realize all their efforts wouldn't net them the results (children) they wanted. This logic applies to all sorts of things in life, not just the expectation of having children.

At first I was almost excited to no longer have that attention and pressure to procreate, to just have everyone "give up" on me so they'd leave me alone to my devices. But now it feels like being shunned rather than just ignored. To be actively hated rather than just passively avoided. Life is a game you cannot win: either be authentic and hated, or conform and hate yourself.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pluto, LoiteringClouds, tbroken and 10 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I personally don't care about my worth in society. I never wanted to be worthy towards society anyway. Caring about what society wants from you sounds absolutely miserable

Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36, Forveleth and 2 others
MyTimeIsUp

MyTimeIsUp

I often wonder if there is an afterlife, do you?
Feb 27, 2024
I completely disagree. Many people don't have children, and they are worthy. More and more aren't having kids, especially nowadays.

I suppose it depends on who you want to feel validated by - random strangers that you don't know, and that don't care what you do with your life, or those that actually matter to you? Why not focus on that, rather than society as a whole.

Reactions: Callie Arcale, ijustwishtodie, divinemistress36 and 2 others
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
My parents were like that too. Guilt tripped me, blackmailed me, my mother accused me of causing the death of grandparents because I wasn't the moldable, completely submissive and devoid of personality thing that she wanted me to be (my grandma died of a stroke when she thought my grandpa had died and he died of respiratory failure some months later, so definitely nothing to do with me).
I'm so glad I never gave in. If my life was bad then, it's a lot worse now. 49 yo and nothing else to live for. My greatest pride is that I never brought children into this hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: DepressedDude, divinemistress36, LoiteringClouds and 3 others
tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
Any semblance of societal acceptance is over for me. I always knew everyone would distance themselves from me once I hit 30+ years old and I still haven't had kids to show for it, since that's all anyone seems to want of me. I hated being told as a kid that I was loved, just to be told in the next breath that my life will only be complete if I have children, knowing deep down that I would never want that. Knowing everyone is slowly turning on me, knowing that even my own parents only pretended to care about me under the assumption I'd give them grandchildren, is something I wish I could have known from the very beginning so at least I might have had more time to actually develop my own self-worth. All love I received was actually conditional on the promise of having children, a condition I didn't get to consider when I was born into life against my will. My whole life has just been getting strung along like an idiot, only to have all the chords cut when people realize all their efforts wouldn't net them the results (children) they wanted. This logic applies to all sorts of things in life, not just the expectation of having children.

At first I was almost excited to no longer have that attention and pressure to procreate, to just have everyone "give up" on me so they'd leave me alone to my devices. But now it feels like being shunned rather than just ignored. To be actively hated rather than just passively avoided. Life is a game you cannot win: either be authentic and hated, or conform and hate yourself.
I did the same.. I wasted time, thinking I'd be ignored or better forgotten.
Tbh when i was young i was really happy, and I thought someday I would become a father or at least be happy...
But not in this life it seems, not in this city, not surrounded by these ppl,not with what life did to me.
Deep inside I'm really sad about it...but it all went this way..

U

UnbelievableJelly

Jun 2, 2024
Don't give in to the pressure, you're doing the right thing. Procreation is always bad, but especially now, with climate change it is just despicable, you'd be giving birth to nothing but a suffering future little charred corpse.

Reactions: divinemistress36
A

Aloneandinpain

Student
Dec 25, 2023
My parents don't pressurise me into having kids but I wish they did a bit, TBH they've discouraged my attempts at relationships.

I'd love to have kids but that's kind of hard to achieve if you're a pathetic virgin.

todiefor

todiefor

I hope I made some +ve difference in pplā€™s lives
Jun 24, 2023
I totally know what you mean and I'm really sorry. Society is very cruel to alot of ppl, women especially it's difficult to be yourself with all this expectations piled on u. I'm in a life threatening situation and all my parents care about is that I go freeze my eggs šŸ˜‚, so they can have grandchildren. I don't know why they want to have grandchildren though, when they totally physically and emotionally abandoned their only child in the first place.

Personally I do want to have kids, but it definitely still feels terrible knowing your worth to others is tied to whether you give them grandchildren. It makes you feel like you are nothing to them just as yourself.

Last edited: