Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
I wasn't able to find comfort on this forum today. Not the fault of anyone here, I just wasn't able to overcome my social anxiety enough to ask for help.

Making a forum post is probably best for me in terms of being able to put all of my thoughts out in the open without feeling like I'm competing for anyone's attention. People can look at forum posts at their own leisure, and decide if they want to read them or not.

The reason I'm making this post right now is because I wanted to express an idea I had. It's not very original, but I couldn't really find the right context to share it. I'll just say it.

I really wish I was a fox who lived in a magical forest with his vegan fox friends (they don't eat other animals, because it's not nice), and we could frolic and play and jump around like idiots. The grass would be luminescent and always sparkly like in a Disney movie. And if I ever got scared or nervous, my fox friends would curl up into a ball and press their soft fur against my body until I was feeling ok again.

I think that's about all of it. I wasn't able to find comfort today, but the next best thing is imagining a comforting place or scenario.

I don't think today will be a good day, unfortunately. I have work in an hour and a half, and it's a 9-hour shift. I accepted a phone call from someone I cared about last night while I was drunk and delusional, and although I don't remember any of what I said, I do remember them sounding fearful and sad as they hung up the call. I'm too scared to inquire about what was said, or revisit the DM's we exchanged, because I don't think it will provide peace or comfort. I am desperate to forget about the entire exchange, which is why I am creating imaginary magical forests right now.

• Love
Reactions: OuijaBored, QuietLake, needforvoid_ and 3 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I love that magical forest. I hope work isn't too bad today. If that person mentions the call maybe you could just say you were drunk and don't remember it but thanks for listening.

Reactions: Anxieyote
Trezzohno

Trezzohno

Suffering from a bad case of being alive :/
May 9, 2022
My dream is also to live in a magical forest with kind creatures that do no harm.
I spend lots of time looking at cottagecore/fairycore aesthetics and maladaptive daydream of being in an enchanted forest

Reactions: newave3, Anxieyote and rationaltake
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I hope that you are able to find the comfort that you are looking for. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I wish you the best.

Reactions: Anxieyote