Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
I had the following message written in my head for quite some time. It is for a very special girl with whom I had a kind of relationship. Not a "standard" engagement but very important for me nonetheless.
I will never send this to her, I could have done it in the past but decided not to. She will never read it, but for some reason I feel like writing it here.
I've been extremely lucky to have her in my life and I wish anyone could find such a soul mate. This is my tribute to her.

Dear G.,
I've been dreaming of you last night. Not just last night actually, it's been at least 3 times in the last months.
The dreams' subject gradually shifted from you still being angry with me to us being finally able to enjoy each other's company once more.
Last night it felt more real than ever. I'm grateful that I've been able to experience again the feelings we shared when being together.
We both loved and hurt each other. It only lasted a few months, but my feelings for you were - and still are - so intense to last for a lifetime.

Whenever I think about you, I am grateful I had you in my life.
Every moment, every word, every memory I have of you is special in a way that I can't even explain to myself.
Even the pain that I had to go through seems somewhow rightful, because it means there was something powerful between us. You just don't suffer if you have no reason to.
You're truly a one-in-a-million. You may not believe me, but I know I'll never meet anyone like you.

I could have stalked you through FB, watching your every move. I could have written bitter messages - as I've done in the past - just to let you know how miserable I was feeling.
But I did none of that. Because I understood that you were better off without me, and because I still cared about you, and always will.
It took me a few months to get over our "breakup", but after that, all the resentment and bitterness was gone. I only had wonderful memories to cherish.
I only regret not telling you the exact reason that brought me to the point of never wanting to receive your messages anymore. I still don't know if it was the right decision, but everybody makes mistakes, and I don't blame myself too much for this.

Thank you for having been in my life. For the moments we shared, both good and bad.
Thank you for loving me, and making me suffer when I deserved it.
Thank you for caring about me and for filling my soul with everlasting memories.
Thank you for allowing me to cry in a day like this.

If I were to choose a phrase for our relationship, that would be: Don't be sad because it ended, but be grateful because it happened.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Endisclose, omegas82128, Celerity and 1 other person
E

Endisclose

Experienced
Oct 23, 2023
I had the following message written in my head for quite some time. It is for a very special girl with whom I had a kind of relationship. Not a "standard" engagement but very important for me nonetheless.
I will never send this to her, I could have done it in the past but decided not to. She will never read it, but for some reason I feel like writing it here.
I've been extremely lucky to have her in my life and I wish anyone could find such a soul mate. This is my tribute to her.

Dear G.,
I've been dreaming of you last night. Not just last night actually, it's been at least 3 times in the last months.
The dreams' subject gradually shifted from you still being angry with me to us being finally able to enjoy each other's company once more.
Last night it felt more real than ever. I'm grateful that I've been able to experience again the feelings we shared when being together.
We both loved and hurt each other. It only lasted a few months, but my feelings for you were - and still are - so intense to last for a lifetime.

Whenever I think about you, I am grateful I had you in my life.
Every moment, every word, every memory I have of you is special in a way that I can't even explain to myself.
Even the pain that I had to go through seems somewhow rightful, because it means there was something powerful between us. You just don't suffer if you have no reason to.
You're truly a one-in-a-million. You may not believe me, but I know I'll never meet anyone like you.

I could have stalked you through FB, watching your every move. I could have written bitter messages - as I've done in the past - just to let you know how miserable I was feeling.
But I did none of that. Because I understood that you were better off without me, and because I still cared about you, and always will.
It took me a few months to get over our "breakup", but after that, all the resentment and bitterness was gone. I only had wonderful memories to cherish.
I only regret not telling you the exact reason that brought me to the point of never wanting to receive your messages anymore. I still don't know if it was the right decision, but everybody makes mistakes, and I don't blame myself too much for this.

Thank you for having been in my life. For the moments we shared, both good and bad.
Thank you for loving me, and making me suffer when I deserved it.
Thank you for caring about me and for filling my soul with everlasting memories.
Thank you for allowing me to cry in a day like this.

If I were to choose a phrase for our relationship, that would be: Don't be sad because it ended, but be grateful because it happened.
That was beautiful ❤️. We all have just one life and want to have as many experiences as possible and want them as deep as possible. Love is one such thing that not everyone is lucky to find. I am glad you've experienced it and have had it reciprocated at least for some time. I can't say the same for myself though. Thank you for sharing this with us and it was a truly lovely read 👌.

Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
That was beautiful ❤️. We all have just one life and want to have as many experiences as possible and want them as deep as possible. Love is one such thing that not everyone is lucky to find. I am glad you've experienced it and have had it reciprocated at least for some time. I can't say the same for myself though. Thank you for sharing this with us and it was a truly lovely read 👌.
Thank you. As I said it wasn't a proper engagement, but nonetheless it was a very intense connection for both of us - maybe more intense for me than for her - and I have lots of memories which will never die. I still miss her and always will

Reactions: Endisclose