Rotten thing

Rotten thing

Nov 14, 2019
hey guys. So today my sister told me that she ran into an old friend of mine that I stopped talking around 7 years ago and she asked for my number. She has been a very good friend but I'm the worst friend in the world. I'm never there for anyone, I just ghost people and never seem able to pick up the phone when they call. I told my sister to not give my number to anyone, I don't to hurt people anymore. I just wonder was this right? Just needed to talk to anyone about it I guess. Damn it I really got my user name right I'm a rotten thing.

Reactions: charlottewilts, crea_the_hopeless and UninformedLover
UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
I don't see anything wrong with your actions. I don't know you personally so I will have to take into account everything you just said to describe yourself and if it's true I understand why you said that to your sister. If you don't want to talk to someone for whatever reason it's okay. I think what you did was considerate and a bit selfless because you showed you cared about this friend's (future) feelings and actively choose to not hurt someone. Good job.

Reactions: Rotten thing
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Maybe just let this other person text you first. That way you can decide if you want to reply back and you can also review what you gonna reply back to her. In general, it's better not to cut ties completely especially when nothing big/bad has happened between you guys.

• Love
Reactions: protonic76 and Rotten thing
Rotten thing

Rotten thing

Nov 14, 2019
Maybe just let this other person text you first. That way you can decide if you want to reply back and you can also review what you gonna reply back to her. In general, it's better not to cut ties completely especially when nothing big/bad has happened between you guys.
Nothing happened at all! I just realised I'm a bad friend and ghosted her back then.

ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Nothing happened at all! I just realised I'm a bad friend and ghosted her back then.
Then I would appreciate this friend's nice move to reconnect with me and restart slow. Once you find that she is genuinely being a friend again then admit your feelings you had back then and let the monkey off your back.

• Love
Reactions: protonic76 and Rotten thing
crea_the_hopeless

crea_the_hopeless

Ugly queen
Feb 26, 2019
I have a bad problem with ghosting people too. I'll disappear for weeks at a time. I just want to be isolated, but I understand how hurtful that can be so I limit my interaction with people too. People that don't know me well get offended but those closest to me realize that that's just how I am. I don't think you're wrong maybe the old friend understands that's how you are.

Reactions: Rotten thing